It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC announces 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer fired due to inappropriate sexual behavior at work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Wow. Some people just can't help it I guess. No self control.
So I'm out of this discussion now too. You folks ruin every thread by making it political.

The common denominator in all these accusations is not R or D it's people in power.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
For them to fire him with no attempt to let him say his side tells me the accusation is pretty damning.

We don't know what happened inside NBC, and they have no obligation to tell us.

If he was confronted with the accusation and confirmed it then this action would be the natural reaction from NBC.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I can't walk down my street without getting beeped at or called out to.

Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
and women in Saudi are the ones being treated like meat...

America has 0 moral credibility.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

For them to fire him with no attempt to let him say his side tells me the accusation is pretty damning.

If he was confronted with the accusation and confirmed it then this action would be the natural reaction from NBC.

We don't, but there was also a time when things like this would have been kept more or less in house rather than turning it into a public shaming too so that NBC can look good.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Word has it the other news outlets had already picked up the story and were going to go to press with it. NBC did what they needed to stay ahead of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ArMaP

We don't, but there was also a time when things like this would have been kept more or less in house rather than turning it into a public shaming too so that NBC can look good.

They fired him.

It's not like they can have a voice over say "Today on the Today show the part of Matt Lauer will be played by Rhett Montgomery." so everyone goes "Ohh thats why Matt looks different"...

?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Still does not make it right to try it in the court of public opinion like we are.

The courts exist for a reason. This will never go there, and like so many others, Lauer is now ruined over something no one will ever see any evidence for. All we have is rumor.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

They would fire someone and not explain fully why.

Matt Lauer is taking a leave of absence that just becomes Matt Lauer has left the show and the network.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: pavil

Wow. Some people just can't help it I guess. No self control.
So I'm out of this discussion now too. You folks ruin every thread by making it political.

The common denominator in all these accusations is not R or D it's people in power.

Then my work is done here......

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Not everything someone does and gets fired for may be criminal, but can still get you fired.

We don't know what it was he did that resulted in being terminated by NBC. Plenty of things he could have done that could have gotten him let go but may not ever end up in criminal court.

He's also a big news name, so being let go is going to be a big news story.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Since it appears a can of worms is opening, WTF is this 'unsolved mystery' Trump just tweeted about??..........

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Oh damn
Trump throws out the famous joe florida incident....
this is getting good

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Still does not make it right to try it in the court of public opinion like we are.

The courts exist for a reason. This will never go there, and like so many others, Lauer is now ruined over something no one will ever see any evidence for. All we have is rumor.

True, but if he were innocent of the accusation, he would have fought it. Either way, the details will come out. They always do.

Don't have much sympathy for adulterers or people who use their position for sexual favors. Quite probably he dug his own grave, multiple times, from reports.

If he were innocent, he would have contested it don't you think? He took the least damaging route for him, what does that tell you?

He is just one of thousands unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Don't forget that his wife accused him of "cruel and inhumane" behavior and he has been rumored to have had a number of affairs over the years.

Ah yea I was not aware of any of this. If it all turns out to be true then good riddance. Keep'em coming.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Since it appears a can of worms is opening, WTF is this 'unsolved mystery' Trump just tweeted about??..........

link

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

He also tweeted about looking into the guy who fired Lauer, Andrew Lack.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

They can hire and fire as they please.

What I take issue with is the sudden public epidemic of virtue signaling over the sexual harassment.

They used to simply fire people without getting into why. Now they let everyone know it was over sexual impropriety because instead of looking scandalous (even though NBC kept this guy around for how many years after the fact?), NBC now gets to look virtuous for "cleaning house" and "zero tolerance" while Lauer is publicly destroyed over something that no one has anything other than NBC's word over at this time.

To illustrate my point:

Look at Charlie Rose. From the stories we're hearing, what he was doing was a long-standing, on going thing, but look how long he was kept around in spite of it. It had to be known what he was doing, but his networks all get to virtue signal by letting him go publicly over what he did instead of simply firing him and letting that mess play out in the court system.
edit on 29-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I agree with the virtue signaling part. NBC or any other company for that matter, better be totally consistent with their approach then. Imagine if NBC lets a top executive "resign" without mentioning any dirty laundry they have which caused the resignation.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

link

Wow...that is a strange story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join