It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC announces 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer fired due to inappropriate sexual behavior at work

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

He was arguably the most powerful person on their team. Certainly amongst their talent team.

He always seemed like a "nice" guy. I am sure something as simple as cat calling will get one fired, which is silly. I am not defending him, but if it is something stupid then I dunno. Sometimes a line must be drawn. Now I am not saying I like or trust the guy, I don't trust any media really, but I don't want anyone getting fired for bizzare stupid stuff.
edit on 29-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's being reported he allegedly sexually assaulted a staffer during the Rio Olympics.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

a reply to: texasgirl

Wow...I would think they'd suspend him while they investigate the complaint.

they may have jumped at the chance to get out of his $28 million per year contract.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Al Franken. My kindle changed his last name lol. Yes he needs to resign. And Conyers needs to resign and release the victims from their NDAs too.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good on NBC. There should be a zero tolerance policy for this kind of behavior. The company shouldn't pay off the victims while the accused maintains a position of power until they're exposed by the media like another news outlet I could mention.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If he did do something (absolutely possible not arguing that) that is one thing if it is purely an allegation (and zero provable evidence) the studio is liable to take it in the shorts when the law suit comes is all I am saying.

ETA: if it happened at the Olympics then they probably have evidence since there are cameras everywhere in an attempt to provide security.

edit on 29-11-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CynConcepts

Isn't Matt Lauer the one who took a lot of flack last year during the debates because he didn't stick to the scripted questions and was accused of asking Clinton tougher questions than Trump

What does this have to do with the story?

After reading this post by the OP:

He has been around FOREVER. This is pretty big. For them to fire him with no attempt to let him say his side tells me the accusation is pretty damning.

I could not help but think that there may be other reasons for them to let him go without giving his side. It does NOT mean the accusation is pretty damning. Sexual harassment accusations have become trendy now. So, even as a woman, I will await for further details before I whip out my red Scarlett paint and brush him off as a predator!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Don't forget that his wife accused him of "cruel and inhumane" behavior and he has been rumored to have had a number of affairs over the years.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

i wonder if all these pedowood and govt pervs are being forced to quit get fired, or not running because they are being blackmailed

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Holy crap! Matt Lauer just got fired from NBC!

"This is a sad morning here at 'Today' and at NBC News," Guthrie said before reading a note from NBC News chairman Andy Lack.

source

The statement said this is the first complaint regarding Lauer's behavior the company has received "in the over twenty years he's been at NBC News.

"We were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident," the statement said.

And the folks there are saying they are sad...WTF?

To be fired just like that, it must be a really bad accusation. No talk about it or anything....just fired....

Well he was tough on Hillary during that one Town Hall/Debate with Sanders. That's sexual harassment.

That cost her the election.

edit on 29-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Cat calling is seldom welcome by the woman.
Hint to the guys who yell out their car windows at cute girls. It's really not.
I can't walk down my street without getting beeped at or called out to. (I live in a city on a main street. ) most of the time I just give them the finger but I was stalked by a man in a car when I was a teen and it was very very frightening.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Where is that being reported? I'm on NBC now.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: eisegesis

i wonder if all these pedowood and govt pervs are being forced to quit get fired, or not running because they are being blackmailed

TYLER is good like that.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Better to error on the side of the victim. Accused people don't usually want to drag something like this into the light of day.
An unwarranted accusation will quickly be outed. I don't think we need to worry about people being accused who are innocent. That attitude is why we never make any strides in this arena. The women are not believed and are further victimized when they try to stand up for themselves and then men say it's a witch hunt and the woman loses her job and things just go along like always.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Still has nothing to do with the debate last summer.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Page Six has an exclusive. They apparently have an unnamed source at NBC who gave them the story.

Source

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

They are all up on their little moral high horse aren't they?

I wonder when anyone will realize that damning people in the court of public conviction is wrong?

Even Monty Python's witch got a trial.
edit on 29-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: dashen

Has nothing to do with pedophilia or the government.
God you guys really have some issues if you want to make everything about politics.

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's pretty pathetic when media personalities are held to a higher standard of conduct than the politicians are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join