It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenfell Tower (UK) is not Mental Health crisis it's Cyanide poisoning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Thank you. Would depend on the length of the hair after 6 months though surely?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The burning insulation released cyanide gasses which may have contributed to some deaths, but not sure of the mental health link. The cyanide link was confirmed right at the beginning and this RT piece goes back to that time.

Any disaster like this leaves mental scars, so attempting to attribute cyanide is probably a red herring, especially as cyanide is pretty common-place.

Very sad that this disaster also brought out people's worst side and there are a number of frauds that have been perpetrated by the "victims" under investigation, proving that not everyone has been effected by this calamity. I think someone has already been sent to prison for falsely claiming his loved ones perished to get a pile of cash as compensation.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Sorry Paraphi, but I am looking for some sort of leads to the long term affects of cyanide poisoning.
I was aware of the cyanide the week after the fire.
If you read what I posted there is damage to the CNS when somebody has inhaled or ingested cyanide. The possibility of death from it is dependent on immediate medical attention. However, if not treated, rather like firemen who are constantly exposed to cyanide, will/can develop heart problems over a period of time. This is a well documented fact.
There were thousands of people who were exposed to the cyanide that day, and as firemen have confirmed to me, their readings were "off the scale".

Of course trauma leaves mental scars, nobody is denying that, and I and the team are helping them with this. But we are also now seeing developments of physical problems that are also seen in exposure to cyanide gas.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Effects of cyanide poisoning...

TOXNET

There is quite a lot of information in the public domain.

Long-term health effects of exposure to cyanide
Survivors of serious cyanide poisoning may develop heart, brain and nerve damage.

Source CDC

Whether poisoning effected that many people (i.e. thousands) across London is debatable. Whether cyanide was the actual cause of death of any of the victims - rather than smoke inhalation - is not detailed in the inquests so is also debatable.

Anyway, exposure to cyanide is treatable.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Thank you, appreciated

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join