It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holiday challenge for ATS members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well if you make it till then, we can all say that you at least tried.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Can't lie, I really wont be doing that either.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: angeldoll
I'm in. I've noticed women who put $5.00 worth of gas in their car, and I dash over and run my card through and tell her to fill er up! God, it makes them so happy!
That's happened a couple of times and it makes my day. Especially if she has kids in the car.

That's a fabulous idea too! Thanks for that idea. I've been that woman plenty of times, who has to just put $5, or even $2, hoping to make it to paycheck day. That's a wonderful idea, thanks for that!

Isn't it? But it's not originally my idea. I read it in a magazine, and it was written by the recipient of the good deed. I will tell the story because it is so heartwarming.

The young woman was travelling to another state to visit her parents with her two young children. She was really broke, and upset that she might not have enough money to make it across the state, so she was watching every dime. Actually every penny. She stopped a gas station with $10.00. She put $7.00 worth of gas in the car, then went inside and bought one soft drink, and one bag of potato chips for her children to share for 'lunch'. Nothing for herself.
She saw what gas she bought didn't move the gage that much, so she was scared they were not going to make it, and when she got back in the car she started crying.

A woman came up to her car window and asked if she was okay. She said she was just worried about their trip. The woman asked if she could help her, and quickly swiped her card through the pump. She told the woman to fill the tank, and she would be right back. She zoomed across the street to a McDonald's, and bought the children each a Happy Meal, and an adult size meal for the mother. The young mother remained so touched by what the woman had done, she wrote about it years later.

Anyway, I was personally so touched by that story, I've been on the lookout for people like that at gas stations, since then.
As I said earlier, I've spotted two needy recipients, but sadly, no happy meals yet, but I'm still on the lookout.

I'm so glad you like the idea Kansasgirl. Let's do it again! Hotdog!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: angeldoll

That's an excellent one.
No one ever expects to get free gas at the the pump.
I know I'd be shocked and happy as hell if someone did that for me!
Especially because gas is $1.35 a litre here right now.

Whaaaa? No gas for you, Mr. Mine Engineer, you, you bitcoin buyer. Pffft.
edit on 11/29/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It hasnt always been good for me. There were times when Rock bottom felt like it would had been a luxury compared to what I was going through.
My life has had significant change...by my own doing.
If someone told me 10 years ago id be where I am today, id laugh in their face and say highly unlikely.

Rock bottom is a great foundation to build back up on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join