It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amber Alert: Police, FBI search for 3-year-old North Carolina girl Mariah Woods

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Amber Alert: Police, FBI search for 3-year-old North Carolina girl Mariah Woods

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. -- Officials issued an Amber Alert Monday as the FBI joined the search for a 3-year-old girl with an orthopedic leg problem who disappeared from her North Carolina home Sunday night.

Woods said she woke up Monday morning and noticed her daughter was missing from her bedroom in the family's Jacksonville home. She said the last time she saw her daughter was around 11 p.m. Sunday when she went to check on her.

Mariah's mother describes her as their "little angel," with a goofy, outgoing and talkative personality."

Mariah Woods is a about 2 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 30 pounds. She has blond hair and blue eyes.

Oh we've been here before and it's just making my gut wrench already.

Beautiful little girl taken from her home.

It's another nightmare!
see: Lisa Irwin still missing

I'm so sorry for her parents and family.

Family members said there was no sign of forced entry or anything wrong with Mariah's room but did say the back door was unlocked. Once they realized Mariah was missing, Woods and her live-in boyfriend called authorities.

Family members said the girl has an orthopedic leg problem, causing her left leg to wobble as she walks. Mariah's grandmother said due to her granddaughter's walking issues, she can't imagine her wandering off. The family also said Mariah would not have left with a stranger.

The sheriff's office checked with Mariah's biological father but said he does not have the girl.

Please visit the link. There's numbers to call if you have any information.
Pray she's found safe and sound!

edit on 0050Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: fix link

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i have a feeling the mother has something to do with it...

crocodile tears

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A 3-year-old girl vanished in the middle of the night, setting off a frantic search

Already so similar to Lisa Erwin Lisa Erwin. A sweet little girl. Taken from her home at night. Doors unlocked. No signs.

Federal and local authorities in eastern North Carolina are frantically searching for a 3-year-old girl after her mother said she disappeared from her bed in the middle of the night.

The child, Mariah Kay Woods, was reported missing Monday, with her mother telling authorities she had not seen her daughter since she put her to bed Sunday night in their home in Jacksonville, according to ABC affiliate WCTI.

A 3-year-old girl vanished in the middle of the night, setting off a frantic search

It prompted a widespread search with law enforcement, military and members of the community looking for the girl. The FBI said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon that “priority No. 1 is to find Mariah.”

Lisa's yet to be found though ATS watched for her for years.

Pray Moriah does not follow in a similar fate.

Any news - please post it.
edit on 1226Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

It hurts my soul.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
i have a feeling the mother has something to do with it...

crocodile tears

We want to be very careful with rash judgments.

Believe me, after the Lisa Erwin disappearance? Wow. We were at the mother's throat like mad dogs in an instant.

Me? I still believe, well, that's for another story.

But let's let this one unfold before we start with the witch trial.

And please God not let it be so.

edit on 5938Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: add vid

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I have to admit, I cringed when I read that the biological father found the mother's story suspicious and she has a live-in boyfriend. The little girl was handicapped and there were three other people in the house at the time she disappeared. It certainly doesn't sound good.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I have to admit, I cringed when I read that the biological father found the mother's story suspicious and she has a live-in boyfriend. The little girl was handicapped and there were three other people in the house at the time she disappeared. It certainly doesn't sound good.

I've been watching this for a day or some, I believe it started 3 days ago. I didn't want to host the thread after hosting the Lisa Erwin case, but no one else was picking it up.

Thank you for adding the information that made me cringe. It needs to be out there even if I was too squeamish to do it.

I don't want to be suspicious but it's so hard not to be.

Please find her safe!
edit on 3247Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Is this Abovetopsecret.com or Facebook??

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Is this Abovetopsecret.com or Facebook??

Whatever are you going on about?

There's a missing little 3 year old girl 'out there' somewhere.

Do you really think this is the time to be...whatever it is you're being?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I'll let the reporting speak for itself on this one...

Woods (the biological father) told NewsChannel 12 reporters that he was given custody of the kids last year while CPS was investigating an incident involving their mother. He has not seen the children since, though he claims that was not of his choosing.

www.wcti12.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I'll let the reporting speak for itself on this one...

Woods (the biological father) told NewsChannel 12 reporters that he was given custody of the kids last year while CPS was investigating an incident involving their mother. He has not seen the children since, though he claims that was not of his choosing.

www.wcti12.com...

Oh God...

The father used the past tense in speaking of his daughter.

From video: 'She...don't know nuthing about the world, right now. She was so happy. So happy'.

From your link:

"Someone just walked right up in there, grabbed the 3-year-old out of the bed and she didn't cry, she didn't scream?" Woods said.

"Nobody heard anything? Four people in the house, two adults and two kids someone just comes up and snatches the baby and walks out?"

Both Woods and his partner said they are hoping for the best, but right now they said something just doesn't feel right.

So much like Lisa Erwin's disappearance.

How awful.
edit on 1809Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: added father's quote from video

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

She says the last time she saw her daughter was around 11:00 p.m. Sunday when she went to check on her.” The mother also said that, after she checked on the child, “her live-in boyfriend checked on the toddler again when she woke up, and told her to go back to sleep. Woods went to check on her the following morning, but alerted authorities at around 6 a.m. when she couldn’t find her,” NBC News reported.

heavy.com...

I wonder why they didn't tell us what time the boyfriend checked on the child. The hours between last seen and being reported missing are shortening here.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is Every parents worst nightmare.

I totally agree with bio-dad.

That mullet headed boyfriend...I have this sick feeling in my stomach.
I want to jump up and say that bio-mom and step-dad know something or are outright involved.
But I'm not going to jump directly to that...not yet.
It just feels that way to me.

Everyone one deals with emotions differently, but you would assume there would be more of an emotional response from Bio-Mom.

Hell, bio-dads new girl, was balling her eyes out. And it's not even her kid.
But bio-mom didn't seem to be crying like that.
And mullet step-dad....don't even get me started on him.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
This is Every parents worst nightmare.

I totally agree with bio-dad.

That mullet headed boyfriend...I have this sick feeling in my stomach.
I want to jump up and say that bio-mom and step-dad know something or are outright involved.
But I'm not going to jump directly to that...not yet.
It just feels that way to me.

Everyone one deals with emotions differently, but you would assume there would be more of an emotional response from Bio-Mom.

Hell, bio-dads new girl, was balling her eyes out. And it's not even her kid.
But bio-mom didn't seem to be crying like that.
And mullet step-dad....don't even get me started on him.

I think this has to be someone in the house or a friend thats there alot. Imagine a stranger entering a trailer in the dark taking the girl and not waking up 4 other people.aparently there was all ready a reason for thestate to be involved since the father was given temporary custodianship. Means two reasons the state would get involved either drugs or abuse. The boyfriend apparently stayed up later then the mom so you figure for him to check on her it was at least anhour later. Other problem i have is the mom i raised 3 kids and the last thing a parent does is check on their kids at 6 am. When a 3 yr old is sleeping you make coffee and tip toe around the house trying not to wake them to prepare yourself for the circus about to begin.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So damn true.
Heck I still tip toe in the morning trying to not wake them lol

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

I reserve my tears ever since Susan Smith made me cry for her abducted children. ...until we found out she had drowned them in her car in some lake.

Children who disappear from their beds are seldom seen alive again. Elizabeth Smart was a miraculous exception.

I hope her family had nothing to do with this.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You're nailing it.

That and I don't believe (either) it would be possible to wake her up, take her, when she didn't know you.

Wouldn't she make some fuss?

Unless it gets even uglier than this like...chloroform, drugs...strangling. (PLEASE NO)!

And sadly? It's looking once again as fuggy as Lisa E.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Mom knows something. Dat asymmetrical sad face. OK now I'll read the article.

ETA:

No way someone waltzed in a backdoor and snatched a kid in the night with 4 other people in the house. Agree with the biological father on that.

Don't have issue with liven in boyfriend, but I also think that's usually a bad sign in a case like this. Clearly it was someone who knew the family.

This sucks. I really hope she's found safe and sound somewhere.
edit on 2820171120171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
UTC024029112017 Mariah Woods 34.685893, -77.507401

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What? Are you serious? Listen to this Sheriff, to his voice and his inflection and he even messes up her name?

****Commenting while listening****

Is this guy even real? He sound like Artificial Intelligence from the movie Fargo!

WAIT? WHAT? 'Boot's on the ground, at ground level?' Where the hell else are boots going to be dude?

'Eyes in the Sky' and 'Aviation Assets'? Can someone else listen to this and give me your opinion? Seriously wonky dude.

****Still listening and commenting as I listen****

Is he an alien?

Ok, so, I hope it's just this Sheriff dude is trying to be a hipster crimester talker on his first go at it for a case but somethings about this dude is making me shake my head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join