It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump should respond to North Korea's ICBM launch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
a reply to: Phage

Personally as POTUS I would meet with him. Give NK what it really wants which is recognition as a nation and perhaps we could stop starving the populace.

You dont think that's been tried?

I guarantee the sovereign families have been their and told Kim that he would be rich beyond his wildest dreams, his nation would prosper unlike at anytime in its past. He only has to sign away his people's delivery unto slavery via a central bank.

That's all the those in power really want.

The US is more or less the vehicle to ensure the economy with military support, which is becoming less and less important as robots, AI and total world domination is achieved.

Good times, right?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: madenusa

Would you mind ISIS having only 1?

Trump should make an example out of NK for Iran and any other dickwad dictator regime on what will happen if they keep
making threats and working to make it happen.

if anyone is arming isis, its the good 'ol US of A.

of what crimes is NK guilty?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You can't do any half measures once you decide on Military action in N.K. It truly has to be the best "Shock and Awe" ever delivered. You have to totally take out NK nuclear capability and all of their artillery pieces directed towards South Korea in one overwhelming attack.

You need South Korea and China onboard with any strike. Russia has to agree as well. Japan as well, but they dont have the Military offensive capability.

If you're going to do it, there is no half measures, you have to go all out.

The better option is always China working a Military coup that hopefully would bring in better leaders, though thats debatable.

It could get ugly quick, you have to have contingency plans.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Trump should make an example out of NK for Iran and any other dickwad dictator regime on what will happen if they keep

Enslavement

www.ibtimes.co.in...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I recommend that the President wait until after Tax-Reform passes before taking any military action. Congress can only focus on one thing at a time.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Enslavement

So, we are the policemen of the world? They use slaves. Attack!

edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Russia, America, and China are not threatening a fiery armageddon, thus the difference.

Not saying that North Korea's threats are not all bluster - they probably are. But once they have the means to launch such an attack, things change, no matter how much you think they are simply bluffing. You may be comfortable with their corrupt, sad government being in possession of nukes. I'm not. But not sure there is much anyone can do about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabits

But there is something we can do about it. Trump can order that NK's EMP satellites be taken out permanently. He can do likewise with respect to NK's WMD's. All of them, inc. nukes, chemical and bio weapons.

All the guy wants to do is use one sanction after another after another. He must think that the "next time" sanctions are given, NK will finally give in and stop threatening us. The US will hold an emergency meeting at the UN tomorrow afternoon. In other words, all that will be done are sanctions.

Trump reminds me of a parent who, when his/her child acts up, will say "do this again and you will be punished," but as the child repeats the wrongdoing, the idle threats persist. Same thing here. The Trump Administration is letting Lil' Kim get away with everything. Like a kid who has no incentive to stop acting up.

Remember Otto Warmbier? There's no doubt that NK is responsible for his death, and yet NOTHING has been done in retaliation.

The American people aren't valued enough by Trump for anything concrete to be done. What is he waiting for - a nuke to land on our doorstep?

That's derelection of duty if you ask me. Remove the threat and be done with it. There will be loss of life, which I wish wouldn't be the case, but the longer Trump waits to do something, the more likely that millions of Americans will be killed in a nuclear war.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Had me going with that first paragraph. I was all "What? What?! What!?"

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Had me going with that first paragraph. I was all "What? What?! What!?"

If only Trump would do something. Sanctions don't work. His reasons for not wanting to defend the United States escapes me.

It's like someone being threatened by an intruder with a gun, The intruder says "hold on...I can't attack until I load my weapon. I will go to my car for some ammo and will return in a couple of minutes." Then the homeowner stands there with his door wide-open, waiting for said intruder to come back.

Trump is the door keeper. Kim is walking all over him.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
We can’t strike their launching capabilities they are mobile and housed in mountains..

Do these idiots even know where and or the geography of North Korea..?

Most Americans don’t know where North Korea is, or that we are still at war with them, and also China, is their ally..

Morons..

Actually we can’t do anything right now, because we have a weak ass federal government chasing its tail like a snake....

We are the ones who will get attacked someone is smarter than us in this story folks..

Stay tuned if you think I am 😜
edit on 28-11-2017 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

We can take out their EMP satellites. That would be a good start. Like I said many times in the past, Trump just won't do it.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

What EMP satellites?

An EMP weapon is a nuclear device. Do you think they have nukes in orbit? Why would they be messing around with ICBMs?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
@diane Doubt they are armed with nukes but sure why not. We have spaceships up their with lasers already, future wars will include space low orbital space warfare.

Our federal government stopped doing their job man...
edit on 28-11-2017 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

She’s talking about the North Korean observatory aka spy satellites.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What EMP satellites?

An EMP weapon is a nuclear device. Do you think they have nukes in orbit? Why would they be messing around with ICBMs?

With Kim anything is possible. Check this out:

Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, chief of staff for the Congressional EMP Commission, vehemently rejects that assessment. "We're constantly cleaning up after these guys," he said. "We have information, data from actual high altitude nuclear detonations that were conducted by us and the Russians back in the 1961-62 time frame, that did things like knock the lights out in Hawaii," Pry said. "But most dramatically what the Russians did when they triggered a series of high altitude EMP tests that destroyed electric grids and critical infrastructure at Kazakhstan, then an industrial area, an area larger than Western Europe."

And, further down in the report (which dates back to May of this year, btw):

"But for totalitarian and authoritarian states, where a nation would be willing to sacrifice itself for an ideology, in the case of Iran or North Korea, the use of nuclear weapons is not unthinkable. In their open source military doctrine, they've written for years about being able to win a nuclear war,” Pry said. Adding to EMP worries -- North Korea's recent successful test of a solid-fueled ballistic missile. Solid fuel missiles need less preparation, meaning less warning time for those targeted. In addition, North Korea has at least two observation or weather satellites whose orbits take them routinely over the U.S., at precisely the altitude that is ideal for an EMP attack.

Source

In a Breitbart report dating back to August:

“The EMP Commission has officially been warning about those satellites especially now that the (intelligence) community admits that North Korea can miniaturize warheads,” Pry stated. “Our argument all along has been that they could make weapons small enough to put on those satellites that pass over the United States on the optimum trajectory for an EMP attack on North America.” “And they would obviously be a basis for a surprise EMP attack if North Korea wants to commit aggression against South Korea. Or to blackmail us if we were going to intervene to deliver on our security guarantees for Japan, South Korea or the Pacific.” Pry said the satellites are orbiting at the “optimum height for putting an EMP field over all 48 contiguous United States.”

Source

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yeah. There have been several threads about that.

It takes a good sized thermonuclear device to do what they are talking about. No evidence that North Korea has anything like that, much less something that would fit any of the satellites they've got up there.

Could they do it sometime? Sure. Are they doing it now? Highly doubtful. Do you think it would be a good idea to just start shooting their satellites because they might have nukes? Probably not:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: fleabits

Remember Otto Warmbier? There's no doubt that NK is responsible for his death, and yet NOTHING has been done in retaliation.

That's derelection of duty if you ask me. Remove the threat and be done with it.

While what was done to that young man was horrible, you don't risk hundreds of thousands if not millions of dead for one citizen.

You can act cavalier and say too bad about the dead. Seoul could be hit hard before we can take out NK conventional weapons, let alone their Nukes.

It's a choice of no good options. Do nothing and it invites an unstable NK Leader to overreact with its nuclear capability. Take out their Nuke capability and you better be damn sure you get every single bit of their program. Even if you do that, South Korea could have a horrible amount of casualties from conventional, bio and chemical weapons. None of these options are great.

You have to explore every available option till you resort to military options. Problem is, North Korea will probably do something stupid, forcing us to do something that hasn't been done since the end of WWII. North Korea isnt going to stop it's reckless belligerence most probably. We need to be ready for every eventuality.

I will be amazed if this situation can be solved without massive loss of life, bit we have to try.
edit on 29-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Before anyone starts a fight, this question should be answered: Who would win in a fight, a man with nothing to lose, or a man who stands to lose something?

Any action on the part of the USA, that is not a sanction, would be viewed as a provocation of war on the part of North Korea and China. There is also a good chance that Russia would also be drawn into this fight as well on the part of North Korea, as it is a neighbor of the country.

The USA is ill prepared for that kind of a fight. For the past 16 years the country has been involved in an armed conflict. And it is not over, and all that is happening is that it is causing a drain on resources and manpower. Families damaged, people injured and vets not even taken care of, to the point where it has become a bit of problem and millstone. And there is all indications that the USA is getting involved in Syria, and dealing with issues in Africa, still in Afghanistan.

Now with all of that going on, a population that is already in turmoil, and what kind of support would there be for another armed conflict with this administration? Not a lot, and if the US threw the first punch it would be even less. Now if North Korea threw the first punch and did some damage, killed US citizens, it would be different, but they do not.

North Korea, on the other hand, is the country with nothing to lose. This would be a fight, to the last. They have China that could and in all possibility would back them up, getting support from Russia. And if the US strikes them, then they could cry like the wounded animal and gain support from other countries who may not have considered such before, even if to get them to condemn the US for being a bully, further damaging the credibility of the USA around the world. And there are a few countries that would be more than willing to send aid to North Korea, and further hamper if not cause more problems for the USA in areas we are not prepared for or even anticipating.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Enslavement

www.ibtimes.co.in...

He probably killed the 91 families that China sent back to North Korea last week. They defected to China, were fed a good meal, and returned. That's cruel...but you can't allow a crack or the entire damn might break. Right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join