It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Just Passed The Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Do I need a PhD to speak intelligently on a topic I have both academic and practical knowledge of? Do you not understand the logical fallacy you just employed?

Argue the merit of what I say, not my credentials. Because im an anonymous internet poster...why would you believe me anyway?

LMAO

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
YES!

Let there be BC Bud for everyone!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Oh hey sorry ... didn't quite get the humor until you pointed it out! (and am having a pretty good chuckle now)

In a previous career I have worked with law and the military military as a dog trainer/handler but will but that aside and enjoy my 'double double' tonight that I get through Tim's drive through on the way home from work.

As a previous dog handler I love to share my experiences and knowledge. They truly are man's best friend and highly trainable. .... Anyway I am not try to get this thread off topic either, but thanks for telling me to 'lighten up' too.

Chib

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Haha, they already have branding and a facility..I kid you not, they have the $$ needed to be one of the govt's chosen.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

Canadians on pot.

THIS is how the zombie apocalypse begins.

I knew it!

With a nap?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: wantsome
Hooray for drug addicts. Personally I can't stand weed smokers most of them seem to have some form of brain damage.
Says the guy with meth monsters as his avatar...LOL!
Personally, I like being written off as a mere pot head. Immediately gives me the upper hand.

I think he would be surprised how many people he knows that indulge on occasion.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This Law won't be passed in Canada until Spring, and still there's no guarantee that it will pass. It most likely will but i won't reply on this topic until that time comes.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
This Law won't be passed in Canada until Spring, and still there's no guarantee that it will pass. It most likely will but i won't reply on this topic until that time comes.

It's passed the third reading in the House. The Senate could hold it up a little but it's pretty much done. The Senate has no power.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Very good news for Canadians, hope all nations follow.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

every country and every state will do this in the fullness of time. Its happening europe, the UK, Australia and New Zealand

Its a prerequisite for the cashless society.

People cannot buy stuff that traditionally is brought and sold in cash, if they can suddenly only do it using a debt card can they? So, to enable the population to buy street drugs they have to legalize them don't they so they can be purchased with a debt card.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
There should be no laws regulating plants, or making it "Illegal"

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

And many not to be. We aren't that far behind Europe in letting the muslims in essentially invetted. The attacks are happening now too but we are being lied to about them being random incidents.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Agreed. There should be no laws telling a person what they are allowed to do, to themselves, in the privacy of their own home.

That's how I operate already though.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: wantsome

Having worked in mental health, my observations are that marijuana will affect people who may already have mental health issues from time to time. More often than not its the polypharmacy that comes with self medicating mental health issues that drives the correlations in these studies.

In other words: people who are mentally ill will self medicate. Meaning that your observations have a definite possibility of inverting cause and effect due to poor controls (from an experimental standpoint).

Most people in the western world self-medicate (alcohol), and mental illness is subjective. If we look from the outside in, and try to be independently objective, like someone living off the land (tribal people), they would perceive our way of life as mentally ill.

Unfortunately the definition for mental illness is subjective to social norms, and how people behave. Levels of self-destruction are tolerated, as long as big corps are making a profits, and people celebrate/pacify the drugs they are taking/selling like alcohol.

But I will agree that anything that is changes moods, perception, and state of mind should be used with discretion, education is key, and awareness.

Our current MO's create a miserable lifestyle, so people use drugs to escape, instead of heal, and the unfortunate outcome of using drugs to escape is mental and physical distortions.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This Recreational Marijuana in Canada would not lower crime. When Children and youth get the weed from their brothers/sisters or families whom are doing it. This will end up badly.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join