It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they do not show up how can you still blame the POTUS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Because insulting the minority leaders in public is good leadership.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

shows what type of character u have. the job isnt about you feeling good or being happy with who u have to work with. their job is as a servant to the people. they are supposed to be there fighting for us, whether thats with a lunatic or a genius u go and sit down and try to get stuff done. suck it up and be an adult. im really starting to think we need 2 years mandatory service in the military so people can have their egos smashed

Give me a break. If you think you can judge MY character based on that you clearly have your head up your bung-hole. You know nothing about me. Trump was the one that was torpedoing that meeting 3hrs before it was scheduled to happen. Why don't you have a sit-down with Trump and explain to him what HIS job is. And I'm pretty sure alienating the other side isn't part of 'Making the Deal'.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of why I hate the Democtricat leadership much more so than the Republican leadership.

I expect stuff like this from republicans, I except Trump to be a bufoon with a Twitter account ... If this country is turned around it's not going to be because of the republicans. That really only leaves the democrats to do what is necessary to fix the US for the benefits majority of its citizens.

... but for some reason the Democrats continually try to one up the Republicans in who can be the worst political party. Maybe 8 years of Trump will be enough to convince them that they need to get their head out of their butts... I sure hope so.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

That really only leaves the democrats to do what is necessary to fix the US for the benefits majority of its citizens..

And there you have it. THIS is why we're as screwed as we are. People are SO indoctrinated into the Rep/Dem paradigm they don't believe there is any other choice. So we'll keep getting screwed by one side or the other until the whole thing collapses.

edit on 29-11-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yeah here we go again. You mean you want the Democrats to save the republicans again. Their horrible tax cuts will increase the debt and deficit by trillions. Then republicans will cry cut cut cut entitlements and blame democrats. Only when democrats are spending the money, then the debt matters again.
Those investors on CNBC disgust me with their hypocrisy.
edit on 29-11-2017 by MOMof3 because: Sp

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That is what I am showing. He is their 'boss' as they work under him for us

Are you insane or just uneducated?

Ever hear of separation of powers? They do not "work" for him and he is not their "boss". They are both elected to represent us.

And as far as I'm concerned my representation was shown perfectly. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it wasn't representative.

And the picture... omfg. You know that was purely staged to get the right wing all riled up and shouting down at the left, don't you? Do you honestly believe they all 3 would be sitting at a table side by side to discuss anything? Staged photo opportunities to bitch and moan. It's good for tv and that's all he's good for. He's out for himself and how he can get people to talk about him.

Narcissism at it's finest.
edit on 29-11-2017 by Eshel because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2017 by Eshel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Perfect example of why he should stay the F off of twitter.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You can blame trump when he tweets out stupid pre-meeting predictions about how the meeting isn't going to make any difference at all. That's when you can blame trump. trump's just too stupid, (the only thing about him that's consistent, apparently), to realize that since his tax plan is sooo bad that even all of his own party won't vote for it, that he actually could use some D help. But instead he just pees in Pelosi's and Schumer's faces over Twitter and then wonders why they don't show up. Then goes on TV and admits, along with McConnell and Ryan, that they can't get the tax bill passed with out them! Fine with me. That makes the possibility of trump's tax plan passing that much more less likely. trump's incompetence is the rest of the country's best hope that we'll survive his hopefully-ending-soon international degradation of the USA.

trump is TRASH!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Democrats HAVE to blame something. That is 100% of their existence. Blaming others for things.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

I guess you missed the point, blinded by your hate of Trump, where I stated that this is about ALL representation not just the right or left. The entire Congress should be removed and replaced. Dinosaurs who need to move on and stop sucking the tit of the government cush job they have.

They do work for him. I understand separation of power but if you do not think that the POTUS is the 'boss' of the country you are deluded yourself. His job is the Legislative Leader of the country.

Also, as an elected official, using Twitter as an excuse to NOT do something is worse than using Twitter to convey thoughts. It is not like he would not have said the same thing to them if they were there. They showed they did not want to work to a solution so AGAIN Trump is right on with what he says.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Says the supporter of the clown who's entire presidency is all about blaming Obama.

trump is TRASH!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I'll give you this - trump is again as right as he ever is.

trump is TRASH

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

They do work for him. I understand separation of power but if you do not think that the POTUS is the 'boss' of the country you are deluded yourself. His job is the Legislative Leader of the country.

I read your entire post and did not miss your point. However, showing your lack of basic knowledge forces me to believe your other points are made with the same lack of intelligence.

You are showing you have completely no understanding of how government works. He is not the "boss" of anyone. He is the head of the executive branch. Period. (with exception to the Marine Corps band which works "at the president's leisure")

Hell, even checks and balances proves this point.

You accuse me of a blind hatred for Trump.
A) it's not hatred. Those are your words and they don't substitute how I feel.
B) my opinions are based on the things I see. Therefore the "blind" part is false as well.
Therefore that first sentence shows you would rather interject your own truths and put words in people's mouths.

And in my opinion, an elected official shouldn't be using Twitter at all. They should be using normal channels of communication. Inflection cannot be determined by reading. It's more important that he faces the people he claims to represent and answer questions that are posed to him.

But, again to my point, it's your blatant lack of knowledge which makes not only that post irrelevant but the entire thread based on ignorance.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Yeah here we go again. You mean you want the Democrats to save the republicans again. Their horrible tax cuts will increase the debt and deficit by trillions. Then republicans will cry cut cut cut entitlements and blame democrats. Only when democrats are spending the money, then the debt matters again.
Those investors on CNBC disgust me with their hypocrisy.

What I mean is ... I want my elected leaders to act like adults and not insufferable children and that it disaponts me more when the Democrats act like insufferable children because I have higher hopes for them.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
POTUS is the "leader" of the free world? Interpretation please? How's he gonna sign his name on a bill if the bill never makes it to his desk? DUH!

I've skipped out on meetings with employers too, but I didn't expect to go back to work the next day. Nor did I. I found new employment. It's usually me firing my employer for their idiocy. I have no problem offering my skill-set, but it ain't cheap. And you better treat me with the same respect I extend to you- initially.

You either stand for me when it's time to stand, or you step down immediately. Don't take a 3 day weekend to decide.

Bye Bye.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This thread is painful and a perfect example of manipulating and ignoring facts to make a point.

Fact: They were originally going to the meeting.
Fact: so were Republican leadership.
Fact: the evening before, Trump went on another infantile twitter tirade against chuck and nancy, so they threw out the middle finger and said "never mind, we will just meet with ryan and mcconnel without involving the moron in chief.

Opinion: Now Trumpy cries like the effing emo re-teen he is. Poor baby.

Fact: they all met and continued working on the CT without Trump.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The democrats responded to an insufferable child’s behavior, the president of the US. Or he is an abuser and likes to humiliate and make people grovel.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's convenient to ignore...

"Given that the President doesn't see a deal between Democrats and the White House, we believe the best path forward is to continue negotiating with our Republican counterparts in Congress instead," Pelosi and Schumer said in their joint statement. "Rather than going to the White House for a show meeting that won't result in an agreement, we've asked (Senate Majority Leader Mitch) McConnell and (House Speaker Paul) Ryan to meet this afternoon."

So they are still meeting over the same subject matter, but instead are trying to meet with people where headway can actually be made. It was pretty obvious for Trump it was "My way or the highway." Why even bother wasting time with such a meeting? Because that is Trump's agenda.

Do you really believe that Trump's signing of so many executive orders is because he is trying to cut out red tape? No. He does so because he seriously doesn't know how to politically negotiate.. at all. He is a corporate billionaire for crying out loud.. it's his way.. and only his way. And he brought that mentality to the White House.

It's alarming so many people seriously believe that all of Trump's ideas are SO good, no negotiation is required.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

"Rather than going to the White House for a show meeting that won't result in an agreement, we believe the best path forward is to continue negotiating with our Republican counterparts in Congress instead

Why would your Republican counterparts come to agreeing with you if your Republican President will not?

Negotiating?

Compromise should be in vocabulary and practiced daily like the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

H.R. McMaster reportedly thinks Trump is an “idiot” with the brain of a “kindergartner”
www.vox.com...

Tillerson calls Trump a Effen Moron
www.cnn.com...

Question is, why would anyone attend a meeting with Trump?

You can't discuss policy with someone with the intellect and emotional maturity of a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join