It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they do not show up how can you still blame the POTUS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Where did he say that there was no point? If that's your interpretation that's fine, but if you're stating that it's a fact then please show me where he stated this.

Publicly declining a meeting says the same thing as being a no-show. Either way it shows that you don't want to work with the person. I could see how you might feel compelled to not show up, hell I would feel the same way, but that's not why these people got voted into office. They should have shown up and tried to work with the Administration, rather than being head strong and make a political point about bi-partisan.

They (Schumer and Pelosi) were elected to represent the people in their districts and in this case political party. Not showing up, and making a public statement about doesn't look good if they are really concerned about those same people that have elected them to be their representatives.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

What I heard one person say was that when the Reps wanted to attach something to a spending bill the Dems said no we don't do that.. Now the Dems want to attach Daca to the spending bill and Trump pretty much sent them a message. He should of waited for them to show up instead of a tweet and told them too their faces that this is going to be a clean spending bill.
But once again the children are playing selfishly. They don't care about the people .....just the power.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Same thing happening in this thread as is happening in the seats of power. Feet dug in firmly, my way or the highway.

If reason were to come into play, the Right should be pissed at Trump and the Left should be pissed at their own do nothings who have no intention of doing the peoples business. They are in full on campaign mode now all the time, putting on a show for their voters.

..............and the gridlock continues...............

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

"I don't see a deal." Pretty cut and dried.

Publicly declining a meeting says the same thing as being a no-show.
And public denigration of elected officials is a good way to encourage negotiations with them.

They should have shown up and tried to work with the Administration, rather than being head strong and make a political point about bi-partisan.
Yeah. Right. His statements made it seem that would be fruitful.

The deal maker strikes again.

edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You'll notice, I hope, that I mentioned no one specifically?

Yes, it applies to every one of those mouth-breathing morons. Democrat or Republican.

I expect nothing but this sort of nonsense from any of them. For people to try, not you necessarily, to portray this as anything other than idiocy on all parts is, well, idiocy. Not to mention blindly partisan.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So it is his fault they are scared to be in the same room as him because he will call them out and there will be nothing for them to say?

loooooool

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh yeah?
Well...

um...

yeah.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Did they receive their full pay today or were they docked for shirking responsibilities?

If so, charge them for defrauding on taxpayer money which is a felony or dock them.
edit on 28-11-2017 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He didn't publicly denigrate anyone. Do you even read his tweets?

He said:

Meeting with “Chuck and Nancy” today about keeping government open and working. Problem is they want illegal immigrants flooding into our Country unchecked, are weak on Crime and want to substantially RAISE Taxes. I don’t see a deal!

So, what are the bullet points that need to be addressed: illegal immigrants flooding into the country UNCHECKED; a weak position on crime; and SUBSTANTIAL increases in taxes. He doesn't see a deal under those demands.

Does that mean that Cryin' Chuck and Nancy Pelosi shouldn't show up to the meeting and lay out their argument and attempt a compromise?

Are they afraid of something? Afraid President's Trump's policies will begin to make sense to them, and they will go nuts from their cognitive dissonance?

edit on 28-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Not seeing a deal, just means that a person doesn't see a deal as it sits. If the multiple sides are allowed to sit and have a discourse over the issues, then a compromise can be made. By stating that a deal can't be seen by one member of the party, it just means that the other side/s have either refused to enter their opinions, or are choosing to not participate in the discourse.

All side's are guilty of having bad public communication skills when comes to this second point, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for not working together.

This third point of yours is strange, as in it sounds like you would rather no sides work together than having one side ignore poorly stated comments and try to reach a compromise (I maybe wrong interpreting you here, but that's the way it's coming across)

Well either way this was a missed opportunity for both sides to have a sit down and discuss important issues that need to be taken care of. In the end it's we the people the are losing out by this continued dysfunction of government. Just like in ancient Athens. Hopefully we'll fair better then they did.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Because our 'theatrics' bring you to the thread....

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
He made them look like asses. Sorry. He did. When you call someone out and then they say 'sticks and stones' it is pretty sad. I am sure Schumer is drinking a very expense scotch tonight saying " F he did it to us again".....

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

easy, I voted, not for this guy.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

and.....what's your point?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: matafuchs

So it is his fault they are scared to be in the same room as him because he will call them out and there will be nothing for them to say?

Scared? Please. You really believe that? Isn't it more likely that it's just a waste of time trying to deal with someone who is clueless and a lying sack of 10-day old crap? Middle class tax breaks. As if. Oh, and Trump (who already pays no taxes) is set to benefit to the tune of $1B? Yea, it's all about the little guy for Trump. I wouldn't show up for a meeting with that buffoon either.

shows what type of character u have. the job isnt about you feeling good or being happy with who u have to work with. their job is as a servant to the people. they are supposed to be there fighting for us, whether thats with a lunatic or a genius u go and sit down and try to get stuff done. suck it up and be an adult. im really starting to think we need 2 years mandatory service in the military so people can have their egos smashed
edit on 28-11-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I think it's great what they did. More people need to stand up and show Trump that his childish tirades meant to demean others and bring them down to his level won't work.

It's just more evidence Trump cares more about making a spectacle than actually working in the interest of America.

And Chucky runs out and has his own "photo op" bitching about Trump's "photo op"

lol, F them. I hope they shut down the govt.

7 out of the top ten richest people in congress and the senate are Dems.

They want to raise more taxes to pay off their accusers. The fund is running low.

They don't give a # that you won't get any benefit from the bosses tax cuts coz they themselves wouldn't pay it forward.

Scumbag dems and spineless repubs, I hate em all. They need sell by dates.

Instead of term limits, how about money limits? Once you made $5 mil, you have to leave office.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Well said however it falls on deaf ears....

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Guyfriday

"I don't see a deal." Pretty cut and dried.

Publicly declining a meeting says the same thing as being a no-show.
And public denigration of elected officials is a good way to encourage negotiations with them.

They should have shown up and tried to work with the Administration, rather than being head strong and make a political point about bi-partisan.
Yeah. Right. His statements made it seem that would be fruitful.

The deal maker strikes again.

No matter what Trump says they always spin it. Before the meeting he showed bad faith. Yet the Trump supporters are twisting it to say that the DNC members were the ones in the wrong.... Why negotiate with someone that has already shown to not want to reach a deal. Maybe the "strong man idiot CEO" act doesnt work so well with people that actually negotiate daily for a living.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They should be fired immediately. This isn't partisan. We, citizens from both sides, pay them good money and give them good benefits and let them spend 75% of their pathetic working calendar on campaigning and fund raising while on the clock. And they can't be bothered to even try because their feelings are hurt?! Gtfo! And the morons saying it's appropriate are just that, morons. Your party will never be the authority, neither will mine, it will always require compromise. Get over yourselves already and do your fekkin job!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

He said he doesn't see a deal being likely, and they proved him right.

They both had an opportunity to prove him wrong, but instead they acted like children.

Spoiled children at that.

Call me crazy, but when someone calls me out like that, i'm not going to give them an inch of leeway. I'm going to show up, and THEN say "Look, I tried, I was there and he wouldn't listen to us." THAT'S how you win the hearts and minds of those you're trying to entice.

When they don't even show, and give Trump a photo op like that, it only make them look petty to those of us in the middle who WANT to see some cooperation. I see Trump trying, and the Dems dodging.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join