It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they do not show up how can you still blame the POTUS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Meanwhile the representatives of the American people are not representing the American people.

For some reason some of you don't care about that little detail, so carry on I guess keep squabbling among yourselves, and ignore the elephant in the room.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

What is it that you think this president actually can offer? It's nothing more than one of his "love fests" where people say how thankful they are that he is president. Easy to skip, especially after being publicly denigrated. Trump said he wouldn't deal with them. Is that what you call negotiating? What's the point?
edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So much for reaching across the isle.
They are as usual, all talk.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Is that what Trump's tweet was about? Reaching across the aisle?

“Meeting with ‘Chuck and Nancy’ today about keeping government open and working,” the president wrote on Twitter. “Problem is they want illegal immigrants flooding into our Country unchecked, are weak on Crime and want to substantially RAISE Taxes. I don’t see a deal!”

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well since they didn't bother to show up and talk about what they want I guess trump was right.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

A self-fulfilling prophesy. Right.

But then he's never wrong. Just ask him.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A self-fulfilling prophesy. Right.

But then he's never wrong. Just ask him.

The dems would have to show up to ask him so I guess we will never know

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sounds like a weak leader to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefTruth

See...you are missing the point. They have been screwing us for decades and your idea is what keeps it alive. Why continue to appluad when it is your side doing it? There were some things the GOP was opposed to I did like when O was in office and they were children then like they are now.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What is it that you think this president actually can offer? It's nothing more than one of his "love fests" where people say how thankful they are that he is president. Easy to skip, especially after being publicly denigrated. Trump said he wouldn't deal with them. Is that what you call negotiating? What's the point?

Well let's look at the content:Tweet in question

Meeting with “Chuck and Nancy” today about keeping government open and working. Problem is they want illegal immigrants flooding into our Country unchecked, are weak on Crime and want to substantially RAISE Taxes. I don’t see a deal!

He didn't say that he wouldn't work with them, what he said was that he doesn't a deal being made due to their desires to keep pushing policies that are counter productive.

My opinion (and only take it for what it is) Saying that he doesn't see a deal, doesn't mean that he won't work with them. If that was the case then why even invite they to the meeting at all. It looks to me that he (Trump) didn't see them wanting to discuss any policy other then their own. He (Trump) probably didn't think a compromise would be made, but wanted to try anyways. That's just my opinion though. How would you have handled this meeting? Would you have gone and tried to find compromise, or would you have just been a no-show?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So he got stood up and it is a spectacle? It is embarrassing to the US as a country and shows a level of division that is incredible.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, I call it the truth and those 2 pussies could not handle it....

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think it is good that they didn't show up. The less those two have anything to do with policy the better the policy will be.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

He didn't say that he wouldn't work with them, what he said was that he doesn't a deal being made due to their desires to keep pushing policies that are counter productive.
Yes. He said there was no point. Never mind his distortions.

Would you have gone and tried to find compromise, or would you have just been a no-show?
A no show means you just don't show up. I means that you don't say anything. That's not what they did. They declined the invitation quite publicly. Had I been in their position I could well have felt compelled to do the same.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Who cares?

It's just more political posturing from both sides.

Not sure why people such as yourself get so wrapped-up in the theatrics of it all.

Anything to push an agenda, huh?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Chuck and Nancy are waiting for their DNA heritage tests.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, supposedly, we elected adults to those positions. That's the assumption, isn't it?

Adults can, again supposedly, work with people they disagree with. I do, all the time. Why, because the job, not to mention the Boss, requires it.

So, a meeting, which was fairly important, end of the year spending bill, and they decide not to show up? ...and the constituency applauds...

Huh...

...and we wonder why things are as they are. Well wonder no more. Bunch of petulant children, instead of adults. Yay!!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So, a meeting, which was fairly important, end of the year spending bill, and they decide not to show up?
Yeah. After the host told them there was no point in showing up.

Why the hell would he post that tweet? Part of his deal making skills?

Bunch of petulant children, instead of adults.
Yeah. He is pretty petulant isn't he. Stamps his feet and calls people names...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I listen to question time in parliament sometimes on ABC radio and wow those elected leaders sound just like it does in my son's primary school, lots of whinging, lots of yelling lots of scoffing and absolutely nothing getting solved, the whole thing is a pissing contest.
edit on 28-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Crybaby Schumer and Blind-eyed Pelosi said they would not meet with the President to discuss our nation's business, but would instead meet with McConnell and Paul Ryan.

Just heard that Ryan said the meeting was at the White House. They missed it. There will be no side meetings with Chuck and Nan.

Democrat politicians care NOTHING about the country. They care only for their Party and Power.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join