It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they do not show up how can you still blame the POTUS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Many many times I hear in these forums that nothing is getting done. Excuses made and blame laid at the feet of Mr. Trump. This picture is worth a thousand words to show how politicians care about you as the voter.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi were absent for a meeting to discuss an end of the year spending deal. I guess they were too busy covering up for Conyers and others today to show up.

Trump spoke reporters after the meeting with House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, but made sure he left the seats reserved for Pelosi and Schumer empty, with their name tags still in place.

All they had to do was show up. Make strides forward in some way. Instead, acting childlike, they decided to blame a 'tweet' on why they did not show up. This is another bone to show bi-partisanship from Trump that is going to bite them later.

Democrats complained they were disappointed by the president’s statement on Twitter suggesting that it would be difficult to reach a deal with Democrats, prompting them to cancel the meeting. “If the President reverses course and decides he wants to be a constructive force…we’re happy to meet with him anytime, anywhere, anyplace,” Schumer told reporters on Tuesday.

His words...oh my. Remember, this is Chuck (Instant Tears) Schumer but really? From Pelosi I would expect it but it is almost as if they did not want to change him calling them out?...hmmm.....

This is exactly why nothing can move forward in the Trump Administration. There are so many threads and articles about him getting nothing done but there is no support. I do not want to hear either about the past. Who cares! I want this to be proof to people who oppose Trump that it is these dolts in Congress that we need to remove and replace so we can start to pass policies for us and not them.

The tax deal I am sure is going to have the same fate as OCare repeal and it will not be because of the left alone. It is because of those on the right who have used it's backbone for too long and it cannot continue. They are so exposed now it is time to remove then all from both sides who are not for what we the voter...and citizen need.

Vote for anyone not of party in your next local and state election.

edit on Novpm30pmf0000002017-11-28T16:21:59-06:000459 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I want this to be proof to people who oppose Trump that it is these dolts in Congress that we need to remove and replace so we can start to pass policies for us and not them.

Nah. It's proof that the dolt in the Oval Office (you know, the deal maker) can't work with anyone and has no notion of what the word policy means.

edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It's amazing that Nancy and Chuck gave up and quit so easily, considering how high the stakes are.

At least they are showing their constituency what they're made of.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The tax deal I am sure is going to have the same fate as OCare repeal and it will not be because of the left alone. It is because of those on the right who have used it's backbone for too long and it cannot continue. Vote for anyone not of party in your next local and state election.

you nailed it. why is that?
no one, Republican or Democrat, can see it Trumps way, or were his interest never for you and I in the first place.?
the election season was fun though, people were riled up..

maybe not every republican is as gullible as others, or maybe are smart enough to know a wolf in sheep's clothing or know when someone has no fuhcking idea about what it takes to run a country.

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So it is his fault they are scared to be in the same room as him because he will call them out and there will be nothing for them to say? Be serious here. He has a good notion of what policy is and has presented quite a few. They just keep getting knocked down for no good reason other than who he is.Not a policy decision a personal decision.

What we do not hear about is that things are dismantling. The establishment is running scared. Truly. Because Trump is not playing ball. He is extending olive branches but not backing down. He shouldn't. Even if there were 4 years of Obstructing the establishment it would STILL be better than if someone else was in office.

Like I stated. This is not even about the left or the right. It is about getting rid of ALL of those who do nothing for their country while in office. Vote local and get involved.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes and a +2 sarcasm on your next post...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

Yes and a +2 sarcasm on your next post...

Cool.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So it is his fault they are scared to be in the same room as him because he will call them out and there will be nothing for them to say?

Scared? Please. You really believe that? Isn't it more likely that it's just a waste of time trying to deal with someone who is clueless and a lying sack of 10-day old crap? Middle class tax breaks. As if. Oh, and Trump (who already pays no taxes) is set to benefit to the tune of $1B? Yea, it's all about the little guy for Trump. I wouldn't show up for a meeting with that buffoon either.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is not even a PRO Trump post mind you. It is just trying to point out the hypocrisy in Politics. Lead story all day was Pocahontas...not the leader of the house and Senate not showing up for a meeting with the President. If this happened 3 years ago the GOP leadership would be 'racist' for not wanting to work with Obama. Now it is called 'Resistance".

You see, I not remember seeing anyone run under the banner of 'Resist my government". I do remember repeal Obamacare(McCain who killed that early dream). Hypocrites and shown to be by the person many of you hate the most. Call him dumb but he did in months what many of us have wanted for decades. To expose the MSM and the false two party system. He even used the system to get there. I could link to 1000's of pre-election threads who laughed at him.

Time for laughter is over. He is not presenting anything that is over the top. Read it and not the media take. Those responsible are the House and Senate. Hold them accountable.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

No it's not. He can't work with people that don't show up.

How do you make a deal when sitting across from you is a wall?

Democrats do not care one iota about making this country prosperous for everyone. It's obvious. They are all about The Party and keeping the wool pulled over the eyes of the so-called "the little man".

They wave a carrot in front of them, make big promises to keep taxing the middle class and the rich so "the little man" can subsist. People are sick of their tactics, especially hard-working middle American workers and business owners.

If DJT could get repeal and replace, tax reform, infrastructure projects going, and build the wall and manage our immigration policies, this country would prosper Big League. But nooooooo......can't have a Republican getting all that credit and making all that progress.

If those that pay no taxes stay poor as a church mouse, the Dems maintain their power base, and Chuck "Fake Tears" Schumer can stand up and tell "the little man" that Trump's policies are going to make the fat cats richer. Of course, this gets "the little man" all riled up and angry. Dems are stupid....really really stupid.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

So if you had a meeting with someone, at your job, you would choose to 'blow it off' because you think it would go nowhere? NFW. You would show up even if it sucked. Then, when over, you would talk to whoever you wanted but you would go. Here, in politics, there is no accountability. That is what I am showing. He is their 'boss' as they work under him for us, the US citizen, to create policy that benefits us.

I could give two figs if someone richer than man got more in tax breaks as long as I get mine. Anything is better than what it is now and the politicians are worried about their pockets..not ours or from small businesses.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nah. It's proof that the dolt in the Oval Office (you know, the deal maker) can't work with anyone and has no notion of what the word policy means.

I don't think so, he's just afraid of the word policy, it's too close to the word police.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I want this to be proof to people who oppose Trump that it is these dolts in Congress that we need to remove and replace so we can start to pass policies for us and not them.

Normally I would agree with what you say, but not in this instance. Elon Musk stated that "if you don't show up to voice your concern for an issue, then how can you say that nothing is being constructively done".

This is the same issue here. If the Democrats really wanted to have a hand in voicing their concerns directly with the administration, then they should have shown up. By not doing so it only shows that they would rather do nothing to help change policy, and would rather obstruct any work being done.

To me (and I'm only speaking for myself) this looks like Political elitism vs the rights of the People. One side really doesn't even want to look like it's trying to help, and the other is trying to change things for the People. I said it before in another thread, but this is what happened in Athens after Democracy was created. A few decades it worked well, then the Political Elites started to only look after their own well being, and ignored the will of the people. Then Socrates died. It's seems that we're following the same metaphoric path. We allow the Political Elites to blindly control us, then allow reason to pass away in the dark.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

So it is his fault they are scared to be in the same room as him because he will call them out and there will be nothing for them to say?

Scared? Please. You really believe that? Isn't it more likely that it's just a waste of time trying to deal with someone who is clueless and a lying sack of 10-day old crap? Middle class tax breaks. As if. Oh, and Trump (who already pays no taxes) is set to benefit to the tune of $1B? Yea, it's all about the little guy for Trump. I wouldn't show up for a meeting with that buffoon either.

So according to your post Trump pays no taxes AND he will benefit by $1billion from the tax reform. How does that even work? Got an explanation or are you just spitballing?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So tell me Phage, how can he work with them if they don’t show up for their meeting?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Some of the respondents in this thread are making to much out of a simple explanation.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was probably having one of her famous moments and forget where the meeting was to be held.

OR

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer was trying to find her so they could walk into the meeting hand in hand but it took several hours to find her in the women's restroom where she was screaming "Someone help me; let me outta here "!

They excused it by saying she had gotten her panty hose in a knot and could not walk.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Using the same logic that it was all of obamas fault for the last 8 years ,then Junior, Clinton, and Bush senior.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If republicans did it for years regarding Obama, then I say it is only fair that people get to do it with Trump.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think it's great what they did. More people need to stand up and show Trump that his childish tirades meant to demean others and bring them down to his level won't work.

It's just more evidence Trump cares more about making a spectacle than actually working in the interest of America.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join