It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Faces ‘Political Destruction Rumors CFPB Engaged n Multi-Billion $$ ‘Scheme’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: IAMTAT

See, I like "CHUNKY HUCKABEE SANDERS". Sanders' is a big fat pie eating pig. See, us Dems can name call too.

Your logic is why liberals are losing.

Warren makes false claims about being a Native American, which she is not.

Conservatives respond by calling out her lies.

Liberals responding by fat shaming an uninvolved person...
edit on 11/28/17 by Ameilia because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: Xcathdra

I cannot wait for Acting Director Mulvaney to start looking into past and present departmental spending. Since Congress couldn’t review them it may be eye popping.

More than one Dem should be concerned.

He's already said how blown away about how much power he has. (the position)

Said, you wouldn't believe it.

“I’m just learning about the powers that I have as acting director,” Mulvaney said. “They would frighten most of you” due to “how little oversight Congress has over me now."

www.aol.com...

edit on 11 28 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I cannot wait for Acting Director Mulvaney to start looking into past and present departmental spending. Since Congress couldn’t review them it may be eye popping.

Can you point me to a link of Mulvaney describing this? He must be a quick study.

Edit to add: THANKYOU for that link BB.
edit on 11/28/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Before this week, I never heard anything about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in the news.

When you look at their "About Us" page, it seems like they are busy protecting consumers.
Ref: www.therepublic.com...

But when you look into the "Consumer Tools" section of the CFPB website ( www.consumerfinance.gov... ), all you see are helpful guides.. like Bank Accounts for Dummies type of materials.

How can the Director of a Bureau that doesn't seem to do anything, have so much "power"? Power to do what?

Is the CFPB just a "front" for something deep and sinister?

edit on 11/29/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Can you point me to a link of Mulvaney describing this? He must be a quick study.

Edit to add: THANKYOU for that link BB.

Yeah, sorry bout that late link.

Quick study or did the crown and throne give him the clue?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Before this week, I never heard anything about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in the news.

When you look at their "About Us" page, it seems like they are busy protecting consumers.

But when you look into the "Consumer Tools" section of the CFPB website ( www.consumerfinance.gov... ), all you see are helpful guides.. like Bank Accounts for Dummies type of materials.

How can the Director of a Bureau that doesn't seem to do anything, have so much "power"? Power to do what?

Me neither.

Maybe I can find some dirt on what they do.

Here is a start, lol, he has some descriptive words.

edit on 11 29 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

ETA; go to the 5 min mark for the CFPB

Probably won't find much in the lefty MSM.

Here is another, a good one.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

See, I like "CHUNKY HUCKABEE SANDERS". Sanders' is a big fat pie eating pig. See, us Dems can name call too.

I have family who are sooo Cherokee they live ON the reservation... No joke. and LieAwatha Fauxahontas is an insult to them.

They do not hate the 'white man' but they do hate the past white men who ran them off their lands. Andrew Jackson gets a big thumbs down of course. They are like Tea Party but lean left. Their version of left is that you take care of your own community and hold people up to their responsibilities. They like their Guns and some hate Trump initially. I can't wait till the holidays with all this Russia hoax and the Sexist stuff. The Indians I know don't like amoral people as a rule, no matter the tribe.

edit on 29-11-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So, the CFPB is another secret slush fund? That explains everything.

And yes, Elizabeth Warren stepped in some deep doo doo by getting involved in what was very plainly an attempt to hide something.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
So, the CFPB is another secret slush fund? That explains everything.

And yes, Elizabeth Warren stepped in some deep doo doo by getting involved in what was very plainly an attempt to hide something.

It sounds like a good idea but when you start seeing stuff like no oversight, funded by the Fed ect, you get worried. The fines they have gotten haven't been extraordinary, not even close to what they should have been.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The judge’s ruling came after hearing from both sides Tuesday.

Here is a good read on the history of the CFPB and good reasons why the czar stepped down. As to his selection I think it reads he can select in his absence as in he is still with the agency. Stepping down means he is no longer in that positional role to select anyone for anything.

Bad Business

Great link ! Anyone wanting to know more on the ( CFPB )......I think you ought Too, Read this IF You...Think this is Trump just playing his Game!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The CFPB has way too much unchecked power.

I work in the mortgage business and they have basically been extorting banks. People really have no idea how much extra they pay on their mortgages because of this unchecked agency. The big issue is that their funding is actually from the fines they impose. This creates a perverse incentive kind of like if we paid cops from the proceeds of drug dealers... oh wait, we do that through civil asset forfeiture and it leads to all kinds of abuses of power.

In addition, the CFPB is very much anti-business. They make/made no real effort to understand the businesses they regulate and the culture of the agency is anti-business.

It is unfortunate because to really understand the issues you have to almost be involved at a very granular level. The CFPB issues will simply will not play to a disinterested mainstream media and ignorant masses. It is way too easy for Democrats to scream "Republicans are gutting an agency protecting consumers..." when the issues are far more involved.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The more I look at this the more I see Pres.Trump is cracking eggs to make the omelette . The Pocahontas remark was a very deliberate and calculated crack to open up the can of worms .Well done Don :>)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Me neither.

Remember when Wells Fargo got busted creating accounts for millions of people without their permission?
That was the CFPB.

They also cracked down on Credit Cards jacking up late fees and charging compounded interest for payments that arrived 24 hours late. They forced credit card companies to include interest rates and fees in large print on each statement.

They clawed back over 11 Billion for consumers from fraudulent bank activity during the economic crisis.

They cracked down on predatory lenders that targeted veterans.

It set new rules for Mortgage Lenders, eliminating the "Teaser Rates" or bait and switch that banks were using before the economic crisis.

Also stuff like this:

Folks scammed by credit card companies get refunds: In October 2012, the CFPB ordered three American Express subsidiaries to pay 250,000 customers $85 million for illegal practices including misleading credit card offerings, age discrimination, and excessive late fees. This past September, the CFPB ordered JPMorgan Chase to refund $309 million to more than 2.1 million Americans for charging them for identity theft and fraud monitoring services they didn’t ask for.

Service members get extra protection: In June, the CFPB ordered US Bank and its non-bank partner Dealers’ Financial Services to refund $6.5 million to service members for failing to disclose fees associated with a military auto loan program. In November, the CFPB ordered the payday lender Cash America to pay up to $14 million for illegally overcharging members of the military.

www.motherjones.com...#

Congressional oversight = Finance and Banking Lobbyist oversight = Plutocracy

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Me neither.

Remember when Wells Fargo got busted creating accounts for millions of people without their permission?
That was the CFPB.

They also cracked down on Credit Cards jacking up late fees and charging compounded interest for payments that arrived 24 hours late. They forced credit card companies to include interest rates and fees in large print on each statement.

They clawed back over 11 Billion for consumers from fraudulent bank activity during the economic crisis.

It set new rules for Mortgage Lenders, eliminating the "Teaser Rates" or bait and switch that banks were using before the economic crisis.

Also stuff like this:

Folks scammed by credit card companies get refunds: In October 2012, the CFPB ordered three American Express subsidiaries to pay 250,000 customers $85 million for illegal practices including misleading credit card offerings, age discrimination, and excessive late fees. This past September, the CFPB ordered JPMorgan Chase to refund $309 million to more than 2.1 million Americans for charging them for identity theft and fraud monitoring services they didn’t ask for.

Service members get extra protection: In June, the CFPB ordered US Bank and its non-bank partner Dealers’ Financial Services to refund $6.5 million to service members for failing to disclose fees associated with a military auto loan program. In November, the CFPB ordered the payday lender Cash America to pay up to $14 million for illegally overcharging members of the military.

www.motherjones.com...#

CFPB had nothing to do with the Wells Fargo scandal.

Also, many of their fines are nothing but extortion rackets. Banks find it easier to just pay than fight. This is not to banks are angels, but a lot of the stuff they pay fines for is not necessarily because there was any actual wrong doing.

I like the CFPB in concept, but the way it is currently structured gives them too much power and oversight.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Me neither.

That was the CFPB.

Also stuff like this:

www.motherjones.com...#

Wells Fargo

The CFPB made a name for itself by taking on Wells Fargo last year. The agency, along with the Office of Comptroller of the Currency and the Los Angeles city attorney, fined Wells Fargo $185 million for opening millions of fake bank and credit card accounts.

Earlier this month, Wells Fargo said the CFPB had launched an investigation into its mortgage business. Wells Fargo has admitted that some borrowers were wrongly charged fees for missing a deadline to lock in promised interest rates -- even when the delays were the bank's fault.

Separately, Wells Fargo (WFC) said the CFPB is investigating whether customers were harmed by the bank's freezing and closing deposit accounts after Wells Fargo detected suspected fraudulent activity.

The CFPB could also look into Wells Fargo's auto lending problems. Wells Fargo has said it charged as many as 570,000 customers since 2012 for car insurance they didn't need.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Me neither.

That was the CFPB.

Also stuff like this:

www.motherjones.com...#

Wells Fargo

The CFPB made a name for itself by taking on Wells Fargo last year. The agency, along with the Office of Comptroller of the Currency and the Los Angeles city attorney, fined Wells Fargo $185 million for opening millions of fake bank and credit card accounts.

Earlier this month, Wells Fargo said the CFPB had launched an investigation into its mortgage business. Wells Fargo has admitted that some borrowers were wrongly charged fees for missing a deadline to lock in promised interest rates -- even when the delays were the bank's fault.

Separately, Wells Fargo (WFC) said the CFPB is investigating whether customers were harmed by the bank's freezing and closing deposit accounts after Wells Fargo detected suspected fraudulent activity.

The CFPB could also look into Wells Fargo's auto lending problems. Wells Fargo has said it charged as many as 570,000 customers since 2012 for car insurance they didn't need.

money.cnn.com...

They levied the fine, not actually discovered the violation.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
At 7:30 mark Ben Shapiro explains what the real deal is imo

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Paying fines is the cost of doing business. All financial and Insurance companies do it all the time.

Btw, JP Morgan Chase had record profits that year even with a 6.2 BILLION dollar loss on one investment play.

See this article.

Link

edit on 29-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

A hateful and miserable lot.

For how obsessed the left is with mean words, they do an atrocious job of being respectful themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join