It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian/Syrian SU-57?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i.imgur.com...

Hi chaps. Forgive the link but j am unsure how to post photos after many attempts.

Anyhow. As you all can see the su57 above is in a rather beautiful colour scheme but with Iranian and Syrian flags. Now i for one think this is a publicity stunt. However are Iran and Syria actively involved somehow in the development of this aircraft?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

If its recent its to send the saudis a message

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Especially with all that's going on in Saudi, u.e. the purges and total declaration of destruction of terrorism

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The only country involved in the Su-57 is India, and their involvement might be ending. Neither Iran or Syria can afford that kind of money, nor do they have the technical expertise to handle having them in their inventory.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The only country involved in the Su-57 is India, and their involvement might be ending. Neither Iran or Syria can afford that kind of money, nor do they have the technical expertise to handle having them in their inventory.

Ya LOL look as real as this one
Dream on

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

South Front postulated today that a war in the ME would drive oil up to 150 a barrel and that Iran stands to be the benefactor .Iran being close to Qatar may also play into the money's available to invest .

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

And the most modern aircraft in the Iranian inventory is the F-14. They'd have to spend billions just setting up the infrastructure, then train their maintenance personnel, etc. It's not just going to be a matter of buying them and starting to fly them.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So the money is one aspect that can be over come but over coming the technical ability is something Iran is not capable of ?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No PAK-FA T-50 (Su-57) has been painted in that desert scheme. A series of images were photo shopped back on April Fools day 2014 by a guy called "Crow 11". He produced a few other schemes. The images have since been removed from the old thread.

Link 1

See his thoughts on the decision to put Iranian and Syrian flags on the photo shop.

yea well i was thinking that who else would need a desert camo that is sorta "pro russia" lol cuz india dose not have "deserts" like iran and syria. Russia i dont think will sell these to pro NATO bloc countries like Quatar or the Saudis so this is like an easter egg to make it more believable, - in all honesty i saw the f35 with a bunch of flags on the side so i thought it would look cool but these are the only ones i thought of...

Link 2

edit on 28/11/2017 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Not even close to what I said, but you don't go from F-14s to a near 5th Gen platform in one leap. And if you read my comment correctly, the money would be huge amounts, and difficult for any nation to overcome in one leap. If they're going to go to a near 5th gen they'd be smarter to do it in stages. Buy something like the Su-35 first and upgrade some of the infrastructure first. Get used to operating cheaper advanced aircraft, and build the experience up, then go to something like the Su-57.

If you jump straight to something that advanced the odds are really good that you're going to lose several of them building up your experience levels.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Oh ok . Makes sense . thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Not a real photo nor distributed by Sukhoi. Shadows on mountains don't match, for example.

I'd guess from here: files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

That Canadian plane will never sell unless US let Canada go. Keep buying the F-16s please. I mean F-35.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

It might sell better if it was a real plane.

new topics

top topics

join