It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the world has gone and changed around me

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
All the kids in class sniffing the fumes of fresh mimeographs.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

do you think we have changed/progressed more in the last 25 years than in any other 25 year block before that?

Probably. I can't think of a period in my life when things changed so rapidly in such a short spell...and I'm 57 'll have you know.

I didn't expect to get to this age and work my arse off, work harder and faster than I ever have before.

You expect to freewheel into retirement, not work harder.

Life sucks now.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley
I'm with you! About to turn 59 here, and yeah, life sucks job-wise. I never thought I'd be doing something like this and hating this 40 hour a week thing. Can't wait to get to a point that I can stop, but don't want to be any older either! What a quandary...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
a reply to: TinySickTears

do you think we have changed/progressed more in the last 25 years than in any other 25 year block before that?

Probably. I can't think of a period in my life when things changed so rapidly in such a short spell...and I'm 57 'll have you know.

I didn't expect to get to this age and work my arse off, work harder and faster than I ever have before.

You expect to freewheel into retirement, not work harder.

Life sucks now.

Yeah life sucks...as opposed to 100 years ago when there was no retirement, middle class and the life expectancy was 48, and you most likely worked hard labor 12-15 hour days 6 to 7 days a week with no vacation possible a holiday.
Just think you'd be broke, working in a coal mine instead of pushing buttons and probably dead by now! Sure does suck...

My Grandmother went from horse and buggy to men walking on the moon to having a cell phone in 95 years talk about rapid changes...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: CJCrawley
I'm with you! About to turn 59 here, and yeah, life sucks job-wise. I never thought I'd be doing something like this and hating this 40 hour a week thing. Can't wait to get to a point that I can stop, but don't want to be any older either! What a quandary...

See above, cause seriously it is so much harder now that 100 years ago...heck even so much harder than when you were born around 1958 as the life expectancy was 66 just think you'll be dead in just 7 short years.

Now I suppose I should get off your lawn...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

There is only one answer to this question. Internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join