It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires ballistic missile

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And in other news its windy in Chicago, cloudy in the UK, and the US has numerous aircraft carriers forward projected across the planet.

originally posted by: seagull
Oh, is it time to be scared, again??

OK. I'll be the one in the corner hiding under my binky.

I want my woobie!

edit on 28-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yes, it is. My mom made it way back in the day. It's bit tattered and torn (much like myself), but it's warm and snugly (I like to think I am those things, too...).

There is nothing much to worry about... I won't say nothing at all to worry about, because, well, they're nukes. Nukes are worrisome things... It all depends upon whether or not The Fat Midget (TM pending), is, or isn't, mentally stable. If he is, this is a brinkmanship game he's playing...with no intent to ever use them. The game that was played under another name my entire childhood and young adulthood--and seems to be making a most regrettable comeback--the Cold War.

If he's not... Well, things are going to get interesting.

I think/hope he's the former, but can totally understand preparing for the latter...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

reaking911‏Verified account @Breaking911 3m3 minutes ago More

LATEST: Japan government estimates North Korea missile flew for 50 minutes and landed in Japan's exclusive economic zone - NHK

President Trump will be speaking at 3pm Eastern

breaking911.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
BREAKING!!!

New video of Lil Kim's successful launch is in! Sources are saying the missile has more than doubled the range of their last attempt..

You be the judge....

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just want to make a comment.

Yes, he does this a lot. But I don't believe anything he does of this caliber should be so quickly brushed off and "ho-hummed" at.

When the kid across the alley starts throwing rocks, eventually he's gonna see if he can hit your house.

There's no harm in paying attention to what's going on. Otherwise you'll be mowing your yard someday and take a stone to your bean. lol

(god, I hope that metaphor was at least a little chuckle worthy)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

LATEST: Japan government estimates North Korea missile flew for 50 minutes

Now isn't this interesting. It's estimated a missile could reach New York or DC within 40-45 minutes. So they have the flight time. Now, do they have the payload capacity and targeting?

I don't want to come across as sounding alarming or all doom'y. Just like to keep this information available as handy knowledge.

edit on 28-11-2017 by Eshel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I don't see the logic behind the timing of the middle firing's. Is there a reason?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
They should give Kim a littering ticket.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They should give Kim a littering ticket.

Or go salvage it out of the ocean, box it up, launch it back in space and return their garbage to them on Pyonyang's doorstep.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Reported statement from the North's state run media.

The mouthpiece for Kim’s one-party government said: “The army and people of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea will surely accelerate the final victory in the standoff with the US

“The US is driving the situation on the Korean peninsula to the brink of war by mobilising huge aggression forces while tightening the sanctions upon the DPRK.”
www.express.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

That is one of my theories to why we have not invaded North Korea, damn if you do damned if you don’t. It will be trump’s fault for invading or getting nuked by North Korea. Not to mention he is launching these missiles with mobile platform, launch rocket drive back into mountain etc. same with there artillery. As long as China stays out of it we can take out the North Korean regime in a timely manner in my opinion.

But North Korea with nukes they can take out any major city and hit us with a emp, which can cause serious repercussions that can spark ww3 quickly another super power see’s us weak etc.. scary stuff.

edit on 28-11-2017 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

edit on

He has icbm’s now..

28-11-2017 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I could agree with that.

Also, Kim has us at a disadvantage with his propaganda toward his own people.

If we fire first, then he was right for building up their nuke program.
If we don't fire, then he gets to say that the buildup worked and we stood down.

I think we should just carpet bomb them with laughing gas and just walk in telling stupid jokes. Win/Win lol

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

I dunno, what the strategy is.. i am afraid we will eventually in our lifetime find out.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

probably thought you were referring to a pacifier.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I can remember a time when the rumors of weapons of mass destruction warranted an international declaration of war. Looking forward 17 years and America has lost all kinds of respect with its handling of this situation. Lots of bad people are admiring the tyrant whom has taunted the west on a monthly basis.

Shameless plug to my short story ive been writing about NK.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So much for China twisting his ear and ticking him off. Its clearly business as usual and I don't think the psychotic regime of NK give a toss what China has to say. The NK nuts (stupid ones at that) think they can do and say what they like and nobody is going to do jack because they have a big border buddy! But this is likely to be their downfall because I believe that China's patient will run out. Time will reveal all and I don't think its going to end well for kimmy and his pint sized cohorts!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I say it's past time to give them one back if it actually landed in Japanese territory. Pick it up, load it with titanium, and send the fat one a "Rod from God".
Then we can play the "it was just a test" game. No munitions on board, it was just a little heavy.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If sanctions reduced Resources by 90% in North Korea, Kim Jong would take that remaining 10% and use it for weapons and Military. He does not care one bit if most of the people and North Korea starve to death or died from diseases.

I think the world will have to have Kim Jong removed due to so many people suffering in North Korea, rather than to stop his nuclear program.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisssI want my woobie!

where's my froggy?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Apparently some "outside experts" (whatever that means) claim that if this icbm were fired at the proper trajectory it could travel up to 8100 miles. That means it could hit anywhere in the United States.

Now, I doubt they have developed their missiles to the point of having the structural integrity to make it that far without losing bits and pieces on the way, but it does show they have taken a step forward in developing their engines for Icbms.

Honestly, it might be time to do something. I have been the first to laugh at rocket man on every occasion, but it seems every time our experts say " well they did that, but no way will they accomplish xyz".

Seems they keep getting that wrong. Give them enough time, and they will have the capability to strike NYC or D.C. if they so choose. And they are crazy enough to do so it seems.

I know the consequences of invasion would be devastating.. but at this point might it not be the lesser of two evils if they achieve their final goal?

Ugh. This is a tough one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join