It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist Satire Site Shuts Down Because Feminists Believe The Satire Is Reality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Hey, you started it.

So one rad fem paints us all? Uh, so, them one abortion bomber paints all Christians ...! Is that a herp for the derp?

ETA: more clearly explained below
edit on 29-11-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
You realize that you used whataboutism first, right?

LMAO

i actually didn't, but since it seems to have gone over more than one head, i'll explain...

i don't actually think that christians who shoot up abortion clinics are indicative of a larger problem with all christianity. i believe that's as false a comparison as picking out a few fringe people and saying there's something wrong with all of feminism. i was drawing as broad a bad comparison as i could to make that point.

when seeker came in with 'but muslims throw gays off buildings' that was real whataboutism, because he was dimissing what he thought i was saying by jumping the track.

i hope that clears up my intent.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

You don't see it in this post?

since we seem to consider that one performance artist making yeast from her vagina is somehow indicative of the problem with all feminism, can we assume that several dozen people committing violent assault at abortion clinics is somehow indicative of the problem with all christianity?

"But whatabout Christians and abortion clinics?!?!?"

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dear God. I don't think I want to live in this world anymore.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Sad thing is that I might once have called myself a feminist ... then they went this far around the bend and started castigating anyone who disagreed with them on some points of their dogma.

I always thought it meant a woman who can take care of herself if she had to or chose to, but apparently, it means something more to women like these and others.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: fiverx313

You don't see it in this post?

since we seem to consider that one performance artist making yeast from her vagina is somehow indicative of the problem with all feminism, can we assume that several dozen people committing violent assault at abortion clinics is somehow indicative of the problem with all christianity?

"But whatabout Christians and abortion clinics?!?!?"

did you not read what i posted just above you?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here is the thing. First off, feminism is retarded.

With the christians blowing up the abortion clinics...You will see church leaders from around the country condemn those actions. With feminists, you will never see an opinion leader stand up and say "okay that is stupid".
Christians try to distance themselves from crazy
Feminists double down on crazy every chance they get.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
To me this is a microcosm of everything on the left. A sick joke pushed so far that they've come to believe it is reality.

To the point:

The website "Medusa Magazine" has been attempting to satirize radical feminism. They're now shuttering the site because:

We are shutting down our rather hilarious project because we can no longer compete with our competition. We have come to realize that our competition is not other satirical websites, but rather the people we are trying to satirize.

They came to this realization after they posted an article about how people should believe the sexual accusers against right wingers but not those against leftists. Multiple news outlets started using their rationale to actually argue for this.

I find this to be hilarious and sad on so many levels.

Here's a link to the article explaining why it is shutting down.

Here's a link to their blog post

Confirmation Bias and the internet have brought us flatearthers, empowered the ALT right and now screwed up Comedy.

I thought it was sad when people would use talk shows and Satire TV as news source's. For far to long opinion has been replacing facts. The list of things that flat earthers deny would choke most of us here on ATS.

Its sad that the only correct thing for Medusa to do was shut themselves down.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The median IQ is even lower.

What is the median these days? Last I recall, "average" was 90-110. I'd swear it was far higher when I was a kid.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join