It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown electrical transformer discovered in Kosovo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Now this one is interesting, a kind of transformer like object, partly embedded in stone.

We had several discoveries of objects embedded in stone, but it has been quiet a while. I realy like this one.

What do you make of it ATS ?

edit on 28-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I think I fixed your vid.
edit on 28-11-2017 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

Nope Sorry
edit on 28-11-2017 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

Wow that is very odd, I wish there were explanatory comments as to the nature of the stone, where it was found etc.
edit on 28-11-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

@ 4:28 it describes a lot about the finding place.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That is interesting! S&F.
I am sure someone will be along shortly to say it was used for Electroplating

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium
Something fishy about the formation of the "rock" though. It looks more like a type of mortar.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Looks like a bunch of stones and an old copper winding got tossed into a car crusher, then someone claimed it was really old for publicity.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The copper is not very corroded, that is not that old. Maybe from around the forties or fifties or so. That looks like a calcium based rock, it could have been some sort of cement that was dumped and it flowed around the transformer. Or the stone was melted by a nuclear test and ran over the motor or transformer. A super hot fire can melt rock and it will flow.

A geologist would possibly be able to age the rock to find if it is newer or older. Remember, they do make some weird cements and used to dump excess anywhere they desired that was close to the job.

I would expect to see much more corrosion on the copper if it was ancient. Although, we do not know how sealed in the rock it was. it could have stopped oxydation if it was tightly sealed. But this has rounded edges, so it has been weathered. So Oxidation should have destroyed the copper in a couple hundred years. It isn't even green throughout it appears there is evidence of a coating still on it.

But I can't say it isn't from an ancient civilization, only that it appears to be newer. If that is gold wire instead of copper, it would make what I say irrelevant, Gold oxidizes very slow, it could then be very old.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wound insulation is maybe 1950's tech, although such appearing texttile in principle could have been created a millenia ago. But the MFG copper wires, not so much. Screw holes in the back side of that "stone'. Interesting looking crusty old piece of electro tech no less.
edit on 28-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

While not claiming anything, the copper could be varnished with a known or unknown substance (Like we do with transformer windings) , or have been in an oxygen poor surrounding. Maybe even an kind of copper alloy that is more resistant to external influence.

But i know.. until someone tests it , it are all assumptions and speculations.

Still interesting though.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Maybe some electronics experts around that could tell how we would use this kind of winding setup today. That might provide a clue.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think the give away on this being a HOAX is that the "transformer" is using paper to insulate the wiring. I'm not saying that the ancients didn't have paper, but I don't think that would have wasted it on something like this. Add that to the fact that the paper is still visible and not wasted away over the centuries, and well... HOAX.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Sure, it could be a hoax.

Now let me see you wrap anything in stone ( not concrete) and please tell how to do that.

Then we talk about paper.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Electronics engineer here.

It IS a transformer. Although at very first glance the first photo of just the paper looked like it could be an old capacitor. But the other shots its a xformer.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Stone first, paper second (where's scissors?) I'm not fully believing that this is stone, it looks like stone, but there are a number of ways epoxy resin can be cast to resemble stone.

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm not doubting that part, I'm doubting the "in Stone" part.

edit on 28-11-2017 by Guyfriday because: Blah Blah Blah

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Being form that area of the world, old stone homes usually have a stone shaped in such a way holding up the eaves trough. That looks like somebody wedged an old motorcycle engine cooling fin in the stone. Actually looks like a copper inductor on second look.
edit on 28-11-2017 by LordOfDestruction because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I agree the "stone" should be examined ( actually the whole object should be ).

One other possibility, i have read a few articles lately claiming that "stonification" can happen under some circumstances a lot quicker as wat has been thought.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It's casted aluminium.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I sent the vid to my dad, he was an electrical engineer for Yugoslavia's power agency, we will see what he says, he worked int that area often.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

The cracked stones on either side indicate pressure was applied. Given the smashed outside of the "transformer," my guess is that during the war it was blasted by an explosion into the hollow in the rock. Either way, the true identity will be possible by an analysis of the metals.

The first time I clicked on this thread it started a loud, raucous, electronic music. The second time I brought it up, the sound was missing and I don't see that anyone else commented upon it?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My take on this, plane crash wreckage. That could be the internals of a jet turbine, with it's coif housing missing.

Transformer... Maybe? Lots of stuff that appears like wire coil... But as far as I know, electrical transformers require two separate coils of wire. With only 1 coil, that would either make this an inductor, or half of a transformer.

My vote is jet turbine sans hood cover.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join