It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fricken stupid parent!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I stopped at Wal-Mart on my way to work today to pick up some coffee and saw something that makes me weep for the future.

I'm waiting in the checkout line and a young lady pushes a cart up to one of the drink coolers sitting there and asks her toddler which drink he wants.
This kid is maybe a year and a half old.
Sounds harmless right?
Oh no, there's more.

She holds up 2 different brands of chocolate milk.
One brand name, one generic.
She asks him 3 times to decide which one he prefers and you can tell he doesn't give a crap because he is too focused on the glazed donut in his hands.

He finally picks one and of course it's the bright colored one with the cartoon rabbit printed on the bottle. She then proceeds to complain that he picked the more expensive brand..........wtf?
She gets in the line next to me and again says something to the kid about picking the higher priced bottle. Good God lady, you're supposed to be the adult!

Ugh, pissed me right off.

Sorry, rant over.
Had to vent.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The world needs ditch diggers too, this pig of a mom is just laying the foundation. I’m for smaller government but it seems license requirements for being a parent would be good.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The kid doesn't understand price, all he understands is making choices is wrong.

Conditioning.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The world is full of them.

F88knuggets the lot of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If they didn't want to spring the he extra couple of dollars for the name brand they should have just held up the store brand and asked if the kid wanted chocolate milk. As you say, they are the parent so it's well past time she start acting the part and attempt to set a proper example for the child.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Never offer a kid a choice unless you are prepared to handle the consequences.

If you offer him the choice between the named brand and the generic, then if he picks the name brand, you eat it without comment. If you aren't prepared to buy the name brand, don't let it be part of the choices. It's really very simple.

Offering kids choices is good because it lets them feel they have some control, and that's no bad thing. They need to exercise some control and get used to it. But you only let them exercise control within the parameters you set and make sure they are parameters you can live with.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Exactly, or we'd see if they had generic brand white and chocolate and give ours that choice. "Kiddo, you want white or chocolate?" Usually, that's a no brainer, but sometimes, he does take the white milk. It's iffier if we give him the choice between apple juice and chocolate milk.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That's the problem with two year olds.

Trump used one as a joke writer yesterday, apparently.

Hillary had one as a campaign manager.

The good thing about two year olds?

I can usually win in a fist fight with them.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dunno ... these kids look pretty tough.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I realize it's controversial and that I've gotten a lot of flak for it, but that thread I wrote a year ago has a lot of merit.
I made the right arguments. I address all the major issues that people have with the proposed solutions.

I had to face the reality of being around people far far worse than those detailed in your OP for years before I finally started accepting we have a serious problem here.

Why I Agree with the Georgia Guidestones

It's more and more relevant as each day passes. Sadly...
edit on 11/28/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yes I agree that if we had super advanced technology, we didn't waste 90% of everything we use and pollute all over the place, and if everyone was really well educated and had great manners and was respectful of others - that Earth could safely hold 80 billion people without making much of a impact upon the ecosystem. It's plausible.

But you know if I had a hundred million $$$ I'd be out on a yacht today or exploring some tourist trap in Europe or Asia.

And I bet if yall had wings, you'd probably fly around places too.

Sometimes we just gotta deal with the facts and look at this thing realistically.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Stop giving this woman grief, she is only doing what us Masons told her to do, raise our future food source.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I work at a bank inside of a WM in a small town, the things I see parents do make me very sad for this world's future. One example that comes to mind, this mother was standing near our branch with her son, maybe around 10-12 years old. He was happy, seemed a little feisty, and he got a big smirk and said "I'm gonna go get a sucker."

She immediately looked at him and told him no. What did he do?? He kept walking right over to the sucker bowl. So she said "Boy, I said no!", and he replied "I'm gonna get four." She laughed, then told him "Only one." He then proceeded to take two. Then she looked at me with a smile on her face like she was trying to say "Heh, boys, right??".

I didn't smile back, I didn't reply, I just waited for her to be out of sight so I could shake my head. His lack of respect for his own mother is just plain sad, but it's all on her why he's that way. Thankfully I do see good parents with well raised and respectful children. They'll walk by and ask their parents if they can have a sucker. If the parent says no, they look at me all sad, but keep walking. If the parents say yes, they will walk over and actually ask us if they can have a sucker. Very polite.

Unfortunately the rude outweigh the polite. I've even had young kids walk right up to us and just start taking suckers. I've said hello to them, only for them to look me straight in the eyes, give me a dirty look, and walk away. It's not shyness, either, it's the fact that their parents raised them to be rude little #s. You can tell a shy kid, they smile and hide. Nope, some of these I see in a daily basis are just plain #s. The worst part is, their parents keep having babies. >_

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You get it! Thats the best advice for parents ever.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
The world needs ditch diggers too, this pig of a mom is just laying the foundation. I’m for smaller government but it seems license requirements for being a parent would be good.

A eugenics revival is inevitable and probably right at our doorstep.

That's very concerning because the way it's implemented and it's ideology are critical to determining if we are to live in a future of liberty or tyranny.

I very much want liberty, because tyranny simply will not work out positively for anyone.

So instead of living in denial and resisting the inevitable future eugenics movements, which would be futile because I don't think anyone will support the position that "idiots should breed as much as possible because we need to increase squalor" or whatever - we need to take this bull by the horns.

As intelligent human beings who can utilize critical thinking skills, the onus is upon us to develop a theory of eugenics that is practical, productive, effective, and focused on protecting the rights of everyone. I want to avoid that dystopian future where everyone including me is violated by an oppressive government.

So the question you need to ask yourself is "how can we implement eugenics over a 100 year period incrementally so as to protect the rights of all peoples while also solving these very real problems?".

Instead of forcing licenses for parenting or child bearing, which will be a nightmarish situation that the government could abuse to no end - perhaps we should focus more on fixing our education system and facilitating a world where people are willing to choose not to have those children until they become responsible enough to rear them properly?

One of the most complicated problems is how are we going to deal with issues like genetic deformities? This presents incredibly challenging moral questions and it is NOT easy to solve.

For example most cases of Down syndrome are not hereditary, but some are. If we have a situation where we know the chances of a child being born with it are 99%+, what is the correct solution? Is it even a problem? Is it fair to call this a genetic deformity and to suggest that the human race collectively needs to "solve it"? How will we solve it?

Do you really want to live in a world where the government says "you're deformed, you cannot have babies"? How do you educate someone with a learning disability that it's in everyone's best interests that they choose not to have a child? Human emotions and feelings are incredibly powerful, and it will be easy for people to feel ostracized and singled out as a freak - and we gotta avoid that.

Add into it that most cases of Down syndrome occur in the reproductive systems of seemingly normal healthy people, has to be caught very early on, and could theoretically be prevented if action is taken early enough.

So we need to figure this out. It's incredibly complex as there are so many different situations. It goes beyond morals and ethics, because it involves politics, economics, society and culture, religion, law, science, etc. The whole gamut of the human experience.

Here is an example of that complexity - let's assume that we continue to quickly develop genetic science and gene therapy. Do we collectively want designer babies? Is this a valid work-around to issues like the Down syndrome issue expressed above?

What happens when people genetically engineer "superior humans" ? Ones that are physically far better equipped than us "normal humans" today? This begs the questions of Transhumanism.

It's difficult because what you want and what I want may be very different visions of the future, and we have human rights issues to deal with in determining a course of action on how to implement some form of collective agreement as a civilization.

I won't even get into future cybernetics or any of that stuff. It would be a digression.

Anyways, though my post is very limited in scope and I really didn't do it justice, I hope that it at least gives everyone an idea of how incredibly challenging a thought process this difficult issue presents, why it's one of the biggest problems we as a species face.

No one has all the answers, so my message to others is that you must use all of your brainpower here and be very skeptical and think deeply. If no meteor comes and obliterates Earth making us extinct - this issue will need to be dealt with eventually. So can we please have the smart people figure it out first so we can all maintain liberty while addressing these types of issues?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you offer him the choice between the named brand and the generic, then if he picks the name brand, you eat it without comment.

Yeah they gonna go for the flashy label every time. They cant even help it. Not even if not raised on TV to be brand loyalists, when brand loyalty and be observed by age 2:
www.adweek.com...#/

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You could have designer babies, and the whole nine yards. You would still end up with people acting the way they are these days.

It is a deeper-seeded problem then you realize, and no amount of genetic / licencing will fix that.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Stop giving this woman grief, she is only doing what us Masons told her to do, raise our future food source.

Mmmmmmm... so yummy. Especially in a red wine reduction. They are SO succulent and tender, it's like biting into veal that's been slow roasted over low temperature and a side of roasted baby red potatoes and glazed baby carrots. What can I say? I like to maintain the theme throughout the entire meal.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is a little weird, I mean the lady could have just chosen the cheaper chocolate milk if that's what she wanted to do, she had all the right to as the mother of a child that young.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The parent isn't very smart, she offered the kid chocolate milk which contains sugar and the kid was focused on a donut. How can that one and a half year old think correctly when she is giving her that kind of crap. Evidently she was turning to the kid for advice because she isn't that smart to pick one. See, by having the kid choose, she believes that she is not guilty of giving the kid unhealthy food, she is giving the kid what he/she asked for.

There are people like this, they will say their kids only want certain foods and that they will not eat anything else. If a kid has not tasted something and the parent keeps telling the kid that he does not like it, the kid will continue eating what the parent is saying he wants. I know people who do that, and their kids will only eat these things when around the parent. But if you get the kid away, they will try a food, it is a sort of reinforcement that steers the kid into a belief.

Not surprisingly, this is the same type of thing that drives kids into being gay or desiring to be of a different sex, the continued reminding by the parent actually keeps the kid from finding their own path, one that would fit better into society. Everything is related, even food and sexuality to some extent.

The woman is preparing the kid for real life, you got your choice only from these two bad candidates. Get where I am going with this.

<<   2 >>

join