It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Draft law legalizing marriage of 9-year-olds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: JDmOKI

How Bout you for once call a spade a spade and admit Islam needs a reformation and is Completely backwards. The majority of these countries are basically a theocracy.

Now its "these countries".

Meh, I dump on all organized religion all the time. But nobody is waging aggressive war on the west for their misguided beliefs are they.

Just on Islamic nations.

Huge difference between minority and majority Islamic countries and everyone know what I mean when I say "these countries"

Thanks, I know the propaganda.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So be honest if you're gay, a minority, or a woman would you wanna live in a majority Islamic country?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So be honest if you're gay, a minority, or a woman would you wanna live in a majority Islamic country?

Its their sandpile, not ours. The problem lies with countries that violate other countries National Sovereignty, because they 'wouldn't want to live there'.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
OUN - Once United Nations set the rules of what is the lowest acceptable low. Then we voted pedos in.
It's their business but it doesn't mean we don't have the right to have an ethical issue with it and that we can't speak and impose sanctions on making any business with these third world armpit nations. You don't want to feed a tumor or a parasite. It's unlawful to buy a stuff from a thief.
Don't wanna be isolated? Stop being sick pedo sand-'n-word's and stop genital mutilation now. Or else...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I agree but you didn't answer the question

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I agree but you didn't answer the question

The answer is no. I'm not a coward, I don't quit and run form something 'because I don't like it'.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Maybe they are just trying to be like the USA where in many states there is no minimum age. In fact older men marrying young girls is not uncommon and with court approval no less.

In many states people can marry 5 year olds, in fact technically they could marry a child the day it's born.

Scary huh.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Probably not in one of our ally country's like saudi Arabia for example.

But in the once secular Iraq, Libya or Syria yes. People got on fairly well.

But the West doesn't like that type of society in the middle East. We like to install jihadi religious sects into power like wahabism.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I hope you know that Christianity exists in more than just the bible belt. This may blow your mind, but there are even LIBERALS who are Christian too.

I know that it's not a normal "Christian thing" to force children into marriage. It is a normal Muslim thing, though; from the founding.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I hope you know that Christianity exists in more than just the bible belt. This may blow your mind, but there are even LIBERALS who are Christian too.

I know that it's not a normal "Christian thing" to force children into marriage. It is a normal Muslim thing, though; from the founding.

With 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, it technically isn't the normal Muslim thing either. You just hear about all the bad ones thanks to propaganda. It's REALLY just a relic of a bygone era that fundamentalist religions (and men) latch onto. Singling out one religion over the other really just misses the point and shows that you may not actually care about the issue and more so just care about shaming the other religion.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

With 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, it technically isn't the normal Muslim thing either. You just hear about all the bad ones thanks to propaganda. It's REALLY just a relic of a bygone era that fundamentalist religions (and men) latch onto. Singling out one religion over the other really just misses the point and shows that you may not actually care about the issue and more so just care about shaming the other religion.

Yet it is more common with them, and we hear of forced marriages on a regular basis. So-called "honor" killings, genital mutilation, etc, all show that there are some real issues there. Not something all do, by any means, but still too widespread.

Believe me, I'd be up in arms against any "Christian" group pushing for such a thing, too, and a lot more vocal about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Yet it is more common with them, and we hear of forced marriages on a regular basis. So-called "honor" killings, genital mutilation, etc, all show that there are some real issues there. Not something all do, by any means, but still too widespread.

Believe me, I'd be up in arms against any "Christian" group pushing for such a thing, too, and a lot more vocal about it.

It's more of a cultural thing than a religious thing.

Traditionally men would.marry young girls as a protector and provider rather than a sexual thing. This was common all over the world in the past.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

It's more of a cultural thing than a religious thing.

Traditionally men would.marry young girls as a protector and provider rather than a sexual thing. This was common all over the world in the past.

It's a Muslim thing, and calling it religious or cultural doesn't make it right. The girls need protection from the predators forcing them into a marriage.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join