It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Draft law legalizing marriage of 9-year-olds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Pretty strange how I can joke and carry on with pretty much any one else on these forums though, but yeah it must be because I'm a stick in the mud and has NOTHING to do with your behaviors.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

...white trash / ghetto trash / hillbilly / generate America as ifs its part of Our Culture here.

First point to make, these things are part of American culture, whether you like it or not.
These are not small demographics, they range into the millions.
& a culture is not solely defined by the actions of the majority.

Secondly, basically you are inferring that Muslims in the Middle East who are involved in these heinous practices are somehow more civilised than “white trash, ghetto trash, hillbillies” and are therefore a target for higher standards.
Which is just too ridiculous a notion to get into a conversation about.

I’m sure if this is shot down in Iraqi Parliament, like it was last time the minority tried this, you will return to this thread and admit to being wrong, right?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Did you know that circumcision can be traumatic to a baby? How would you feel if someone cut off a piece of your private parts against your will right now? Now imagine if that's one of the first things you experience after being born.

There are many things condoned by people that are wrong but religions are ok with it and even promote it.

At least circumcision is a only a small part of the genitalia, takes only seconds and only happens once. Being raped time after time after time after time after time......with your genitalia and insides being ripped open....

Comparing rape to circumcision is ridiculous. Some of these girl children die from the sexual abuse they receive from their loving husbands. Just no comparison dude, no comparison.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ok. That's a good point. The only exception I have is the two year gap, but any more than that and I start getting uneasy. One of my brother's friends used to go to high schools and pick up girls well into his college years and I could never get over how weird and creepy that was.

Creepy to say the least. I would say high school is high school, no age differences is needed. Any new relationships with high schoolers after high school is wrong... Now you might have a 12th grader dating a 10th grader and that relationship might continue once the 12th grader graduates, but it gets creepy after that as you say. Just like the whole Moore thing is creepy.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Youre confusing universal perverse Homo sapien behavior with openly accepted Cultural Customs.

edit on 28-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
F****ing animals. Savages. Brutes. Lowest (un)common denominator.

Throw some culture down, Iraq.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Youre confusing perverse human behavior with openly accepted cultural Customs.

Nice try. It really was.

Nope.

You’re labelling one “perverse human behaviour” and the other “cultural customs” to disguise the bias you have.

Fact of the matter is that you demand a higher civilised standard to be expected of Muslim tribes in backwater deserts than you do of “white trash etc”...
When in reality both groups are behind the times.

Also, considering the fact that right now, legally the minimum age for marriage in Iraq is 18, that would be the “openly accepted cultural Customs”.
Not the nonsense you’ve been saying.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Also, considering the fact that right now, legally the minimum age for marriage in Iraq is 18, that would be the “openly accepted cultural Customs”.
Not the nonsense you’ve been saying.

It's pretty insane that this tidbit keeps getting ignored. This policy isn't law. The last time it was tried to be made into law, it was shot down. The same fate is probably expected of it this time. Yet the whole thread is acting like it is a done deal and the norm of the country.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
AND:
wikiislam.net...

Yawn.

No comparison between the cultural practices of Islam, and the United States.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's the history with that rue? I'd wager it was a Hussein thing. And now the radicals want to go true old world syle, openly with it. And herein you came derailing down such criticisms of the notion, with supposed Christians / supposed conservatives (white / ghetto trash, sick perverted individuals) statistics. Which in the grand scheme makes your behavior that of an enabler. And you wonder why I call you out like this... I'm actually trying to help you.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Seeing as how talking to you is a waste of my time, I'll leave you to research your own questions. Here. I'll give you a starting point. www.google.com...
edit on 28-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

So tell me, if someone came up to you and forced you to cut a piece of your body off how would you feel? Would you agree to it? If not then why condone it happening to newborn babies by the millions?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Cant help those whom dont want to be helped.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Did you know that circumcision can be traumatic to a baby? How would you feel if someone cut off a piece of your private parts against your will right now? Now imagine if that's one of the first things you experience after being born.

There are many things condoned by people that are wrong but religions are ok with it and even promote it.

Are you actually comparing circumcision, which has many health benefits, to child rape? Really?? How about a comment on the actual topic, which is that Islam wants to promote child marriage, which is pedophilia?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Eventually Pedophilia will be legal in the USA too

We are going the opposite direction where saying anything any woman of any age doesn't like is called sexual harrassment.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You really want to talk about age of marriage laws in the United States? You are claiming it's a "Christian" thing, but it isn't. Try this one on for size:

California

The age of consent is eighteen. With parental consent, there are no age limits regarding the minimum age for a couple to marry. (Other statutory laws apply.) California offers some spousal rights for registered same-sex domestic partners.

Massachusetts

The age of consent is sixteen. With parental consent and/or the consent of a judge, males can marry at fourteen years of age and females can marry at the age of twelve. On May 17, 2004, Massachusetts became the first state to recognize same-sex marriage. Common law marriage is not recognized.

New Hampshire

The age of consent is sixteen. With parental consent and the consent of the judge, males can marry at age fourteen and females can marry at age thirteen. Common law marriage is not recognized.

source

Those are hardly "Bible belt" states. Put the blame where it actually lies.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The British embassy in Iraq tweeted:

Draft amendments to the Personal Status Law have been withdrawn from the agenda of Iraq's Parliament.
twitter.com...

If true, these are great news for the Iraqi girls.
But before you breathe a sigh of relief, remember that regardless of the law, underage marriages are wildly practiced in Iraq and the whole region.
According to unicef, in 1997, 15% of marriages in Iraq, involved women under 18. This number jumped to 24% in 2016, with 5% married by the age of 15.
As the number of child marriages steadily increases there is no doubt that similar attempts to legalize this practice will occur in the future as they have been in the past. We can only hope that the world community will continue to protest these attempts and will not stand by, excusing lack of action by "respecting their culture".

edit on 29-11-2017 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I hope you know that Christianity exists in more than just the bible belt. This may blow your mind, but there are even LIBERALS who are Christian too.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Maybe Roy Moore should run for Senator of Baghdad.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: JDmOKI

How Bout you for once call a spade a spade and admit Islam needs a reformation and is Completely backwards. The majority of these countries are basically a theocracy.

Now its "these countries".

Meh, I dump on all organized religion all the time. But nobody is waging aggressive war on the west for their misguided beliefs are they.

Just on Islamic nations.

Huge difference between minority and majority Islamic countries and everyone know what I mean when I say "these countries"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join