It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Draft law legalizing marriage of 9-year-olds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why does this practice even feel right to people? Fathers, mothers, it must be religion doctrine.
Pedophiles hide behind religious righteousness and seek positions within proximity of their prey.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MaxMech

It's not Muslims who are at fault. It is religion in general. Particularly fundamentalists. There are Christians marrying 12 year olds in our own back yard. Where is the outrage for that?
Why does the United States still let 12-year-old girls get married?
America’s Child-Marriage Problem

Oh bull#. It's nothing but legalizing a child sex slave. Now you are the one creating a diversion. This sucks and you know it.

Are you seriously assuming I don't think there is anything wrong with this just because I brought up the US? I thought you were better than #ty arguing like this...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Chinese eat dog too.
Different cultures, different worlds.

That's Pedo.

You just supported pedophilia in order to defend Islam, makes it easy for people when your side puts it out in the open to relate Islam to the ultimate evil on the planet.

I don't support pedophilia or Islam.
I can't think of many things worse than both.
My point was that it's not a crime in their culture.
Their culture is a turd that needs flushed in my opinion but how can we push ideals on their culture without allowing other countries to push ideals on our culture?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: Edumakated

Great. Things are improving, but that doesn't mean we are where we should be to stand on the moral high ground on this issue yet.

Yes, it does. We are against murder, however, murder still occurs. Just because we have murders occur here too doesn't mean we can't say the murder rate is too high somewhere else.

The issue is the they are attempting to codify into law marrying 9 year olds in 2017. This is disgusting by modern standards. Just because we have a small number of incidents here does not change that fact. Again, marrying children is not a mainstream practice in the US even though it does occur. That is the difference.

But it's still legal here! There is no federal law that mandates a marriage age and extremely young marriages still happen legally.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Great. Things are improving, but that doesn't mean we are where we should be to stand on the moral high ground on this issue yet.

Yes, it does. We are against murder, however, murder still occurs. Just because we have murders occur here too doesn't mean we can't say the murder rate is too high somewhere else.

The issue is the they are attempting to codify into law marrying 9 year olds in 2017. This is disgusting by modern standards. Just because we have a small number of incidents here does not change that fact. Again, marrying children is not a mainstream practice in the US even though it does occur. That is the difference.

But it's still legal here! There is no federal law that mandates a marriage age and extremely young marriages still happen legally.

That's because marriage and the laws dealing with them have always been a state level issue not the federal gov.

Maybe just like Iraq each state is a different culture and should be treated as such. Just going by some of the reasoning I have seen others use to condone and defend the pedo's in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I’m not defending this , assuming it is true, if I’m right the guardian is fairly legit, unless I’m confusing it..

I will however say that usually with child arranged marriages. They are not consummated until the girl is “of age” , which can be from when they first get their periods to whenever the societal norm might be..

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

9 year olds are legally married in the USA? wow that is bad, why is there not more of an uproar about this?
edit on 28-11-2017 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Is it now for bitten to mention any wrong doing just because it exists in some form in other places as well?

Who's forbidding it? Even if you aren't tired of hearing about WMD, Islam and woman's rights associated with one more ME country, other people are.

How many times must the cannon ball fly in response to main scream cries of violations of Humanitarian Rights?

By that criteria, we should begin bombing our own country, lol.

We are the country unjustly violating sovereign rights of other whole nations, women and children included.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dizak
Why do we seem to have the right to go to other countries and tell them what is right? I DO NOT agree with it, I can voice this, I can tell the world i'm not.. but I cannot go enforce my will on a different country, with a different language/culture and expect that they will just drop everything, say "WOW your RIGHT" and conform to our way of life and doing things. Its a huge issue that our society does not seem to understand.

So to recap.

I DO NOT support underage marriage..ect

I feel we need to leave others alone and let them sort out their own #.

Because if other country are condoning and promoting the rape of 9 year olds then it is our duty to destroy them.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I’m not defending this , assuming it is true, if I’m right the guardian is fairly legit, unless I’m confusing it..

I will however say that usually with child arranged marriages. They are not consummated until the girl is “of age” , which can be from when they first get their periods to whenever the societal norm might be..

So you belive these sick Fu### who would marry a 9 year old take them home and dont have sex with them for a few years?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Even if you aren't tired of hearing about WMD, Islam and woman's rights associated with one more ME country, other people are.

I think that you are the one who is tired. Why lurk on a middle east form then? Why read and comment on this post?
I assure you that people who are not interested in this, don't read these posts. You are on the other hand, very interested, interested in justifying, and deflecting attention from any news about Muslim wrong doing.

How many times must the cannon ball fly in response to main scream cries of violations of Humanitarian Rights?
By that criteria, we should begin bombing our own country, lol.

Nobody said anything about bombing, your own paranoia brought this up. These issues should be discussed (which is what is done here, not bombing) as long as human rights are violated. Otherwise, these violation will never stop.

We are the country unjustly violating sovereign rights of other whole nations, women and children included.

Is there a point? You have a problem with your country's foreign policy? It your problem and your responsibility to fix it, not mine.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

That's because marriage and the laws dealing with them have always been a state level issue not the federal gov.

Maybe just like Iraq each state is a different culture and should be treated as such. Just going by some of the reasoning I have seen others use to condone and defend the pedo's in Iraq.

Well if it is ok here then how can we say it is not ok elsewhere?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It's not Muslims who are at fault. It is religion in general. Particularly fundamentalists. There are Christians marrying 12 year olds in our own back yard. Where is the outrage for that?

Oh bull#. It's nothing but legalizing a child sex slave. Now you are the one creating a diversion. This sucks and you know it.

Are you seriously assuming I don't think there is anything wrong with this just because I brought up the US? I thought you were better than #ty arguing like this...

I know you think something is wrong with it. Of course you do you are a smart man with good judgment. I'm just saying don't say "we do it too". Maybe we do, I don't know. But if "we" do, WE GO TO JAIL FOR IT. We don't make it legal.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Did you know that circumcision can be traumatic to a baby? How would you feel if someone cut off a piece of your private parts against your will right now? Now imagine if that's one of the first things you experience after being born.

There are many things condoned by people that are wrong but religions are ok with it and even promote it.

It was perfectly fine for me...just saying...cleaner too... Can you find a single man that had been circumcised as a baby and remembers it in the least?

Babies get all kinds of shots too!!! Makes them cry, very traumatic...etc

Not sure what this has to do with a 9 year old pulled from her family to marry someone though... This is not really for religious reasons as much as it is for sick desires packaged as religous.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

As you just said in another thread source? this is the internet. Show me where a 9 year old girl was legally married in the US.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
God forbid, what a load of hypocrites. Argue the law, here there anywhere. But what about fighting for the girls themselves. The trauma they must go through. They are not even adults to have a say in the system(that's if adult women have the right to vote in their countries). Even if it's just one child IT'S WRONG.
How about double standards when you all decry sexual harassment between two adults in the US. Oh, the irony. An adult woman with her own choice to walk away and you cry from the roof tops yet very vulnerable young girls going through what they are going through and you argue semantics. You all ought to hang your heads in shame.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So those apparent numbers reflect A Culture? Is that your assertion?

How about this, I'll give you the entire maximum projected number of marriges, now apply that to everyone that identifies as "Christian" demographic, and now give us a statistic. How many per 100,000?

Of course those number wouldn't be a honest reflection, as I see this more of an "white trash" issue, or bad parenting in general, where since the Old Ways (which you're defending as long as it old World Islam) and "conservatives" as a generalization tends to mean to 'defend the olds ways' sure I can see liberals going and writing an op ed blog page about how its them damn Christian Conservatives. No Christian I've ever known would condone this behavior, but keep patting yourself on the back for alleging me having a conservative bias when in reality (as you already know of course) I have an anti-liberal insanity bias AND an anti-conservative insanity bias.

Now the real kicker is, lets pull up some teen pregnancy stats for se the black community. And their bastard children stats across all parenting ages. Call it a hunch, but I'm guessing there'd be a lot more black liberal teen marriages on that list... while many on that list are surely black liberals as well.

Another thing critical in your little project here is, how many of those "260,000" even the male being old enough to drink and married kids younger than se 14 or 15? Just saying "200,000 teens married" doesnt actually tell the story, but only a tale.

Now lets go look at Old World Islam, which across the globe is tolerated by Mainstream Global Islam in general, en masse, and the FACT its a CULTURAL THING. And it aint just arab trash teenagers being dumb, its old hairy greasy demented adults marrying and consummating 9 10 11 12 year olds. Cutting off their clits so in case their brainwash training of them is shoddy they'll never be sexually compelled to run off. They have a 'insertion' device they assault them with just to be able to consummate post mutilation. And so on.

• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
www.billionbibles.org...

Perhaps even weirder is how all of mainstream Christianity is against those practices, yet SJW's have complete and utter contempt for Christian's:

Do note that I'm not a Christian, I'm a hardcore agnostic. But this idea they want to ban public displays of Christianity, yet they march around everyday wearing rainbows and unicorns on their sleeves, and that's okay?

Beatings are not the worst of female suffering. Each year hundreds of Muslim women die in "honor killings"-- murders by husbands or male relatives of women suspected of disobedience, usually a sexual indiscretion or marriage against the family's wishes. Typically, the killers are punished lightly, if at all. In Jordan a man who slays his wife or a close relative after catching her in the act of adultery is exempt from punishment. content.time.com...

The penetration of the bride's infibulation takes anywhere from 3 or 4 days to several months. Some men are unable to penetrate their wives at all (in my study over 15%), and the task is often accomplished by a midwife under conditions of great secrecy, since this reflects negatively on the man's potency. Some who are unable to penetrate their wives manage to get them pregnant in spite of the infibulation, and the woman's vaginal passage is then cut open to allow birth to take place. ... Those men who do manage to penetrate their wives do so often, or perhaps always, with the help of the "little knife." This creates a tear which they gradually rip more and more until the opening is sufficient to admit the penis. en.wikipedia.org...

Despite "being an oppressor of women for being a straight white man" (alone), I can't even read anymore material on this topic, despite having 'The Iron Gut of Iron Guts'.

edit on 28-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
God forbid, what a load of hypocrites. Argue the law, here there anywhere. But what about fighting for the girls themselves. The trauma they must go through. They are not even adults to have a say in the system(that's if adult women have the right to vote in their countries). Even if it's just one child IT'S WRONG.
How about double standards when you all decry sexual harassment between two adults in the US. Oh, the irony. An adult woman with her own choice to walk away and you cry from the roof tops yet very vulnerable young girls going through what they are going through and you argue semantics. You all ought to hang your heads in shame.

Exactly!

Its a gawdamn mofo effing cultural norm, where the dad trades the little girl for a goat sort of thing, and these "White Knight Anti-Rape Defendors of Females" are going to deflect the issue pointing as white trash / ghetto trash / hillbilly / generate America as ifs its part of Our Culture here.

And then if you call them out on this brazen hypocrisy that drips with a complete and utter lack of pragmatism in any way shape or form, then they'll try to stigmatize label you a conservative nutter.

edit on 28-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Somehow I doubt you realize that Middle East isn't the entirety of Muslim.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I know you think something is wrong with it. Of course you do you are a smart man with good judgment. I'm just saying don't say "we do it too". Maybe we do, I don't know. But if "we" do, WE GO TO JAIL FOR IT. We don't make it legal.

I wish that were true, but it isn't. I've posted links in this very thread that shows it happens in the States. I don't want to believe it either, but it is a reality that cannot be denied. Just like slavery still exists in this country too (at least that is 100% illegal though).
edit on 28-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join