It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Bezos interview 1999 and Overstock 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here is a 60 Minutes interview with Jeff Bezos talking about their new company, perhaps you've heard of it, Amazon. Given, it's not that new at the time, however when discussing implications the new titan would have on the businesses in which were competition (Sears), it paints a picture from which to judge the future.

In comparison, 18 years later, we have Overstock. While, they are not a new model of business, at all really, what they are doing involving Bitcoin, and possibly other cryptocurrencies, one can easily see the parallels.

As an added bonus, the CEO of Square. The leading small business service.

It's been a solid week and I can't go a day without hearing about Bitcoin and its supposed impact. I can't help but shake my head because it is my opinion that Bitcoin is more akin those webpages you could create yourself long before Myspace, let alone a current titan like Facebook.

ETA: Oh yea, I created this only a month and a half ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-11-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Anything involving crony insider scumbags like Bezos is trash.

Last year when Trump said that Amazon has serious tax and anti-trust issues that need to be looked into, the next week Bezos used Washington Post (which he happens to own) to assign an army of shills to dig into 'every phase' of Trump's life.

Elon Musk comes to mind too, a con man that relies on lobbying and government subsidies to provide overpriced products to the rich. And for some reason lefty hipsters love him.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Did you notice the similarities in the language used in the vids?

new topics

join