It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago - 40 percent Fewer Shootings Thanksgiving 2017 vs. Thanksgiving 2016.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
November 27, 2017

Because we now have a Republican President who is tough on crime, the news reports describing this Thanksgiving's shootings in Chicago were not framed to show that there was a significant reduction over 2016's Thanksgiving weekend total.

But even though the weather was sunny and warm for Chicago this Thanksgiving holiday, the city saw almost 40% fewer shootings, than Thanksgiving 2016.

Excerpted from: chicago.cbslocal.com...

CHICAGO (CBS) — Seven men were killed and at least 36 other people were wounded in shootings across Chicago during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, which began Wednesday night.

Appended to the very end of the news article, we find this little blurb...

Last year’s Thanksgiving weekend saw 68 people shot across the city, eight of them fatally.

Chicago, which is the third-largest city in the U.S., has seen 2,445 shooting incidents so far this year compared to 3,000 by this time last year, department statistics show, as of the end of October.

If the number of people shot were greater this year, President Trump would be lambasted for failing to help Chicago reduce violent crime. That's how our liberal, sanctuary-city media and politicians operate.

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/28/2017 by carewemust because: minor wording adjustment

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Bravo guys, well done!

1 less body and 32 less wounded than last year.
/sarc

Pretty sure the media will still find a way to spin this against Trump somehow.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So Trump stopped the shootings from happening? He must have super powers.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Good to see! When the leadership actually notices a problem, and cares, it's amazing what can happen. I wonder how uch they will drop next year.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

Bravo guys, well done!

/sarc

Well.. Chicago police only solve 1 in 5 murders. The lowest "solve rate" in 50 years. Maybe that can be pinned on Trump in some way.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He sent an extra team of Federal agents and trainers to Chicago in July. The number of shootings started decreasing soon afterwards. (There's an ATS thread on it.)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Good to see! When the leadership actually notices a problem, and cares, it's amazing what can happen. I wonder how uch they will drop next year.

I'm concerned that next year might be much worse. Chicago mayor Rahm Emmanuel went to Mexico, and told some of those big-city mayors that illegal immigrants (including criminals) from Mexico, are welcome in Chicago.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Was that sarcasm, or did you mean it?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
84 years of Democrat control and it takes a Republican in Washington to finally start making a difference. Maybe Chicago should consider new management.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
84 years of Democrat control and it takes a Republican in Washington to finally start making a difference. Maybe Chicago should consider new management.

lol You guys still think trump is a republican.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He sent an extra team of Federal agents and trainers to Chicago in July. The number of shootings started decreasing soon afterwards. (There's an ATS thread on it.)

Can you link it please?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Thanksgiving shootings in Chicago by year.

2014--5 killed 14 wounded--chicago.cbslocal.com...
2015--8 killed 20 wounded--chicago.cbslocal.com...
2016--6 killed 51 wounded--chicago.cbslocal.com...
2017--7 killed 36 wounded--www.nbcchicago.com...

Oh check this out! Chicago Shootings 2017: 12 Shot In 13 Hours, Three Fatally--www.ibtimes.com...

Does this mean that in 2014 obama was better on crime than trump is?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I don't think the president much less the fed can help Chicago, I think only Chicago and it's citizens can help Chicago.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
But Hilary would of just sold them uranium in Chicago, for a donation to the Clinton foundation.

Well done mr trump , you are a true American president who wants to save Americans not everyone who isn't American.

Credit were credits due .

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It's a screwed up state,been run to the ground by democrats,who enable these gangsters,most are probably on payroll,truth be told,can't fix something overnight but you can inprove

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I don't think the president much less the fed can help Chicago, I think only Chicago and it's citizens can help Chicago.

I beg to differ, but I think the caveat is it would require tramping on the rights of citizens. That cannot happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think this has less to do with who's in charge and more to do with who's doing the shooting.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
And we wonder why the most famous Illinoian (not counting lincoln) decided not to return to his "adopted home" state?

Could he make a difference? Wasn't his name to fame, besides being Hussein and half black, a "community organizer?'

What a lazy phony. Yet no one calls him out.

Hey, you, Obama Hussein, how about helping out your "people" in the state that hired you to help them? Yeah, thats' what I thought. New fancy homes away from the filth of your Chicago. Movin' on up.

Maybe Vanity Fair could write an article on that. Maybe that's too gritty for them. Melania, a nice, quiet first lady was a much easier target. And she is, dare we say, white?
edit on 28-11-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

Bravo guys, well done!

/sarc

I'm wondering what this even has to do with Trump to begin with. Positive or negative.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Are you familiar with the expression "correlation does not equal causation"? No wonder why you don't understand how polls work. You don't know how statistics works to begin with if you think that one data point is statistically significant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join