It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Shuts Down Flat-Earther's Rocket Launch

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Probably a typo.... I would think I just find it more concerning that the government feels like it can just do whatever it wants these days in so sick of these government people

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Oh noes....da guvmint is censuring da troof!!!

Thats what I'm waiting for!!

Flat earth LOL

This really isn't about Government censorship, but about Government overreach. People have the right to freaking live their lives free of Government. He was in the middle of the damn dessert and no one was going to get hurt.

The FEDs think they control everything and they shouldn't.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The "flat earthers" need to come to Australa.

There is a lot of flat earth covering vast distances where you can actually see the curvature of the Earth.

Let rocketman blast off ... in a place where he can harm no one but his own dumb ass ! Maybe the nuclear test site just out of Vegas. 😎
edit on 28-11-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Why doesn't he just climb a hill or mountain?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
" plans to launch himself in a homemade rocket to a height of 1,800 feet "

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Although, you would hate it if an F35 Pilot was doing mach 2 at apparently safe low level flight ... when all of a sudden ... he is heading for the scenery ... with a dead moron blocking his view of the world coming up at a rate of knots ...

Dolts.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The rocket launch had nothing to do with flat earth experiments. That was a myth.

plus it had nothing to do with what the guy was trying to test , it was shut down because of air space laws.
He has since moved it to a private property and is going ahead with his launch there.
Nothing has changed except the rocket launch location....
This is all hype and bs so that the rocket maker can get money from the public.

I wish this guy WAS doing a real flat earth test, I truly do.
But his rocket isn't even going to travel as high as commercial jet flies. He will be able to look up and see jets flying far above him and if you can't use a 747 to prove the flat earth theory than how is he going to do it at the height he will be flying??

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I understand the governments stance on this for safety of others. You can't just make a home made rocket and throw yourself in the air with it. If people knew they could do it, they would all give it a try.
Then again It's this guys passion. he won't be hurting anyone but himself. As long as he doesn't hurt others and the government can see it after a review of his equiptment, I don't see the problem.

As for flat earth. We all have our own views how the universe around us works. Not everyone believes the same thing. I always say follow your passion if you believe in it that much.

edit on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 04:31:29 -06000417112017000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What if he hurts someone or kills an endangered species.

Like Nuking Hiroshima ?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
1800 ft? That pretty much sums this guy up doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
How about NASA take the top flat earth person on the next shuttle launch to ISS.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
How about NASA take the top flat earth person on the next shuttle launch to ISS.

Now that is a genus idea. Or like get a round earth believing billionaire to pay for the top fe guy to take a trip to space.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wat!!!!
This was going to be definitive Proof of the flat earth theory. I mean 1,800 feet up you can prove not curvature vs. 30,000+ feet up.

I am calling it out....."blatant Government conspiracy".

Someone tweet POTUS up..

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth

originally posted by: rickymouse
What if he hurts someone or kills an endangered species.

Like Nuking Hiroshima ?

There might be an endangered species the rocket hits in the desert. The shell of a tortoise will not stop a rocket.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

NASA?
Shuttle?

As both are not making it to the ISS right now, how about he hires a hot-air balloon ride?
He just wants to go 1 mile up (okay, in his first try, but maybe he will be convinced with that).

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
2600 feet possible and no rider to splat on the ground making a crater. www.estesrockets.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I never knew the BLM had self launching rocket permits. How many questions come to mind on this?
- The guy was going to shoot himself up in the air a whopping 1800 feet. What are you going to see so low to the ground?

- Why not fly in an airplane to look at the horizon? Why not hike up a tall mountain? Both will get you way past 1800 feet.

- A steam powered rocket? This is straight Wild E. Coyote stuff.

- If the guy wants to shoot himself up in a rocket, so what? It's in the middle of the desert and he hurts no one but himself possibly.

- This is his second trip in a rocket. He has done it before. If he can do it semi-safely, there is a business opportunity here. How many knuckleheads would pay to fly in a rocket? Sounds like a new X-Sport.

- If the government steps in to stop the fact finding mission, what will that do to boost the Flat-Earthers beliefs? I don't care one way or the other but that's how you fuel this stuff.

- 1800 feet is not high up. How the heck will he have time to look around, ascertain flat or round, take pictures presumably, climb out of the rocket, activate his parachute, and ready himself for landing? All that in less than 10 seconds? No way.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There's a restaurant that is perched on the edge of a cliff in California where one could look out over the ocean and sea the curvature of the Earth. It's really serene, I've been there a time or two.

I'm just bewildered that there is still people that refuse to broaden their own horizon and see the forest for the trees.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

damn, i wanted this guy to die seeing the earth is round.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yeah. Probably had a home made G suit, some POS crap ancient one or none at all like last time. A pressurized cockpit would be nice.

BLM probably just saved his life.

Also, he is riding IN the rocket, not on it. That IS retarded. Its all like a bad 1950s sci fi movie.

LoL

edit on 11 28 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join