posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
a reply to: toysforadults
I never knew the BLM had self launching rocket permits. How many questions come to mind on this?
- The guy was going to shoot himself up in the air a whopping 1800 feet. What are you going to see so low to the ground?
- Why not fly in an airplane to look at the horizon? Why not hike up a tall mountain? Both will get you way past 1800 feet.
- A steam powered rocket? This is straight Wild E. Coyote stuff.
- If the guy wants to shoot himself up in a rocket, so what? It's in the middle of the desert and he hurts no one but himself possibly.
- This is his second trip in a rocket. He has done it before. If he can do it semi-safely, there is a business opportunity here. How many knuckleheads
would pay to fly in a rocket? Sounds like a new X-Sport.
- If the government steps in to stop the fact finding mission, what will that do to boost the Flat-Earthers beliefs? I don't care one way or the other
but that's how you fuel this stuff.
- 1800 feet is not high up. How the heck will he have time to look around, ascertain flat or round, take pictures presumably, climb out of the rocket,
activate his parachute, and ready himself for landing? All that in less than 10 seconds? No way.