It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA-Huntsville safety official blows whistle on lapses, shortcuts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceXIsReal
a reply to: JimOberg

Just to echo the sentiments expressed in that letter, a close friend of the family worked on the SLS program as part of quality control at Kennedy. He was also one of the engineers NASA called up to help with the ammonia pump failure on ISS a few years ago. He's now left NASA as well and says he would not want to be an astronaut due to severe safety problems throughout the program.

Please pass him the links to my articles and ask if he'd like to talk.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Just to echo the sentiments expressed in that letter, a close friend of the family worked on the SLS program as part of quality control at Kennedy. He was also one of the engineers NASA called up to help with the ammonia pump failure on ISS a few years ago. He's now left NASA as well and says he would not want to be an astronaut due to severe safety problems throughout the program.

Will do. He's a very private person so I doubt he'll be willing to go on the record publicly to be honest, but I will definitely ask.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Will do. He's a very private person so I doubt he'll be willing to go on the record publicly to be honest, but I will definitely ask.

At least it will encourage him, he wasn't/isn't alone.

<< 1   >>

join