It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: LondonAirport

a reply to: oldcarpy

Why can't you just open your mind? Just entertain the idea for one moment. Then you will start seeing the evidence we're being lied to about the shape of the earth. Everything. Weather systems only make sense for example in a lat earth type scenario. Earthquakes. Only in a flat earth model can they exist. So much evidence, the moon and sun being within the earths atmosphere is only the tip of the iceberg.

I'm going to stop laughing at this point and try to ask a question.
Your logic is, of course, completely nonsensical and you have no facts at all (other than the fact that you are obviously trolling us) but I have to ask this - why do earthquakes only make sense in a FE scenario? Please give us all a detailed answer as how you think that plate tectonics can't exist on a globe.

I will answer your question with a question, because I'm glad you asked.

What *is* an earthquake? OK. This is totally on topic and it'll come clear in a second. I want you to tell me what YOU know about earthquakes. Have you experienced one? Or have you only read about what they are, never seen one, and rely on "research" by other people?

I sense that we are entering a zone of hysterical silliness, but I'll bite. Having visited San Francisco and experienced a small tremor (and having actually seen the San Andreas fault) an earthquake occurs when following years or accumulated stress at the junction of two fault lines, the faults move relative to each other. I've even felt a quake here on the outskirts of London.
So I've read about them, seen the cause and felt the shaking.
Oh and I've also seen the correlation between the great Cascadia fault line and the cascade volcanoes.
Please explain your theory.

You must be talking about the 1906 nuclear test they had in central California. I heard that one really rattled some windows.
Yea ... These "flat earthers" must have never been let out from the mother's basements enough to see a sun rise, a sun set, or a rainbow. I can never get anyone of them to explain how these events can happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It would take me a lifetime of mathematics and physics study, (which I can't even trust if our instruments of measurement aren't somehow distorted because of the limitations of measuring an entity bound by that own entities rules/laws of physics - which is another thread altogether) - So I conclude that the simplest explanation must be correct.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Why can't you just open your mind? Just entertain the idea for one moment. Then you will start seeing the evidence we're being lied to about the shape of the earth. Everything. Weather systems only make sense for example in a lat earth type scenario. Earthquakes. Only in a flat earth model can they exist. So much evidence, the moon and sun being within the earths atmosphere is only the tip of the iceberg.

Your logic is, of course, completely nonsensical and you have no facts at all (other than the fact that you are obviously trolling us) but I have to ask this - why do earthquakes only make sense in a FE scenario? Please give us all a detailed answer as how you think that plate tectonics can't exist on a globe.

What *is* an earthquake? OK. This is totally on topic and it'll come clear in a second. I want you to tell me what YOU know about earthquakes. Have you experienced one? Or have you only read about what they are, never seen one, and rely on "research" by other people?

I sense that we are entering a zone of hysterical silliness, but I'll bite. Having visited San Francisco and experienced a small tremor (and having actually seen the San Andreas fault) an earthquake occurs when following years or accumulated stress at the junction of two fault lines, the faults move relative to each other. I've even felt a quake here on the outskirts of London.
Oh and I've also seen the correlation between the great Cascadia fault line and the cascade volcanoes.

You must be talking about the 1906 nuclear test they had in central California. I heard that one really rattled some windows.
Yea ... These "flat earthers" must have never been let out from the mother's basements enough to see a sun rise, a sun set, or a rainbow. I can never get anyone of them to explain how these events can happen.

Why should we explain them? We never claimed to be the masters of rainbows and sunsets - we just refuse to lap up the official story force-fed to us by some Nark in a suit. NO thank you sir!

Oh but wait, you weren't force fed the information were you? You have done all the research yourself 1st hand. No second-hand knowledge for you... please.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonAirport

the simplest explanation is you dont believe in yourself enough to have the mental fortitude to work all of this out , so instead you will just say that the easiest answer is to deny it all and say its all lies because you cant make head nor tail of it !

that is in itself a logical fallacy

rationalwiki.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

the simplest explanation is you dont believe in yourself enough to have the mental fortitude to work all of this out , so instead you will just say that the easiest answer is to deny it all and say its all lies because you cant make head nor tail of it !

that is in itself a logical fallacy

rationalwiki.org...

Yeah, perhaps. Thanks for the link.

(I'm open to all ideas, and that's a possibility mate)
edit on 15-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I don't accept the official story. I trust my eyesight first,

OK.

-Go buy 2 clinometers (or download the app)
-Give one to a friend
-Stand 1000 miles apart
-Read the degrees when pointed at the moon
-Then you have a triangle
-Use basic mathematics to work out the height (you can find calculators online, if you’re crap at mathematics. Just google “height of triangle calculator”).

There. Your eyes have just shown you how far away the moon is (it won’t cone back as anywhere near 300 miles).

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

the same life time that multitudes of humans have taken upon them selves before you , to the point where these same people , the shoulders of giants which we stand on presently , sacrificed their time and energy to develop all of this so you can sit on your computer talking absolute pish about it !

Aye because you wouldnt be here right now on ATS if it werent for those very same people dedicating themselves to maths or science, to give you a computer in your house , which also by the way was made by science as architecture is both an art and a science .

Dont you see that part ?
it doesnt matter, im sure you have heard the old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
instead of taking any of this in you will instead go onto instagram and look at memes to do with the flat earth.

Dont worry though , that gyroscope in your mobile that flips the screen the right way when your lying there #posting
wasnt invented by a scientist, nor the microchips wich make up the CPU of the phone itself.
or the LED /LCD screens , or the transistors

One more before I go , just sit and meditate on the ideas for a minute , think about how you would work it out yourself, dont even go on the internet , try and figure all this out yourself without any assistance and dont rely on anyone elses ideas or even FACTS ! just figure it out yourself dont accept anyone elses opinions or even objective facts

life is certainly easy if your own reality is all that matters

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
In my world, anything is possible. A globe earth IS possible. But so is a flat earth. I'm not qualified to tell you a flat earth exists or doesnt - but the evidence that I do have, with my own eyes, suggests flat earth.

I know the scientific evidence suggests globe earth, but I'm not a scientist, so in my eyes, the worlds flat.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I don't accept the official story. I trust my eyesight first,

OK.

-Go buy 2 clinometers (or download the app)
-Give one to a friend
-Stand 1000 miles apart
-Read the degrees when pointed at the moon
-Then you have a triangle
-Use basic mathematics to work out the height (you can find calculators online, if you’re crap at mathematics. Just google “height of triangle calculator”).

There. Your eyes have just shown you how far away the moon is (it won’t cone back as anywhere near 300 miles).

I would love to do this to prove with my own eyes the world is a globe, but realisticly, How am I supposed to find a friend 1000 miles away to do this??

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

How am I supposed to find a friend 1000 miles away to do this??

True.

I assumed you had friends.

link   
If someone can give me a simple experiment that I can do on my own, to prove with my own eyes the earth is a globe, i'm all ears. I'm sincere in saying that.

link   

True.

Nah my furthest away friend is about 100 miles away.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

If someone can give me a simple experiment that I can do on my own, to prove with my own eyes the earth is a globe, i'm all ears. I'm sincere in saying that.

-Theodolite
-Set it up next to the ocean
-Constant results of being above the horizon

There you go. You just seen with your own eyes there’s a curve.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Yeh well dont give up , I mean you are open minded so that is where science begins !

The thing with a lot of this is that science can be daunting , specially when it revolves around maths !
and maths can turn a lot of people off like a light switch

Kid - "oooooh I wonder how big the earth is ", Teacher - "well maths is....." , Kid - *** asleeep !zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

just like that !
I wasnt a fan of maths either!

if you genuinely are an inquisitive mind then start from the basics , it really is easier than you think to work out the basic stuff that copernicus and others were using to find out their facts

it really doesnt help though when it comes across is just willful ignorance and # posting, because so many other people who have spent time learning this , exhibit a small part of intellectual superiority , which is normal for humans as we all have ego's so its expected ! (although try not to have expectations as it only leads to disappointment)

they will rally against the ignorance and they will be harsh and try to chastise you for your lack of knowledge and intelligence which is all they see when you support theories which have largely been done away with by humanity because they were outdated and wrong.

So please dont go away thinking I was trying to be rude or talk down to you , I am just trying to open your eyes to other possibilities. What is happening though is that those who havent found out the scientific method works for all of reality
are questioning the mainstream , but the mainstream science beliefs were set in stone 100's of years before social media etc and a lot of kids these days just like to reject mainstream facts to be edgy or cool , or just to rebel !

But good luck in your quest for the truth, once you find science it will reveal a lot more to you than you understood before.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Why should we explain them? We never claimed to be the masters of rainbows and sunsets - we just refuse to lap up the official story force-fed to us by some Nark in a suit. NO thank you sir!

Oh but wait, you weren't force fed the information were you? You have done all the research yourself 1st hand. No second-hand knowledge for you... please.

I will admit to not doing a lot of research into the how and why of such things as a sunrise or sunset. I simply "went out side and looked around" for myself. It is really not that hard.
As to being " force fed"; this makes me wonder how, and from where, you came up with all the info about the earth having an edge and what about this dome with the stars painted on it ? How did you get close enough to touch it, or were you told about it by someone who has been there ? Oh, wait. That would make your accepting "second hand knowledge" at that just won't do will it.
edit on 15-3-2018 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

link   

True.

Nah my furthest away friend is about 100 miles away.

100 miles will do, but you would need to make a stand for the clinometers as their difference will be A LOT LESS.

link   

Dude Im up glasgow , How far away is london ? 400 miles

ok well I can ask my friend in Bahrain or United Arab Emirates our my friend in Oz to help!

I could live stream the experiment for you to watch , because seeing is believing right lol !

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

and I seriously suggest reading a book on the wright brothers not for the whole science of gravity and overcoming it , but because those dudes were #ing epic human beings who went against all odds and proved people wrong !

"they say it couldnt be done "

but controlled flight was achieved by them , plus its one of the greatest human achievements in recorded history
and the story about them is amazing ! You wouldn't be disappointed

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
About 2,300 years ago, a man known as Aristarchus of Samos wanted to know how big the Moon was.

By observing a Lunar Eclipse, he was able to determine that the Moon was passing through a shadow, and that shadow must belong to the Earth, because the sun was obviously not in the sky, with the Earth blocking it.

He also knew that light travels in parallel lines, and explained the Penumbra and the Umbra of the shadow. He was able to observe the Moon passing through each, which allowed him to figure out with math that the Earth to Moon size ratio was:

8:3

While at that time he was not exactly sure how big the Earth itself was, his own eyes looking around at the landscape of the Earth, and the amount of time it took people to travel from city to city, told him the Earth was pretty darn big...there for the Moon also, but be a rather large object in the sky.

Modern day measurements have the Earth at 3.7 times the size of the Moon so his numbers were pretty damn good considering the tools of the time he had to work with.

Using a telescope to look at the Moon, knowing the telescope's focal length and how much focus you must adjust for the eyepiece will also tell you quite a bit on how far the Moon must be.

With a full Moon covering 1/2 a degree in the sky, using trig will tell you both the distance and size. Just as knowing how big a 747 is and then observing it when it's flying at 5 miles altitude, you can calculate both and see that the math does not lie.

Videos of the Moon at night with clouds and the Sun with clouds:

The CCD sensor is being overwhelmed when it comes to the Sun video. The light is so bright that the clouds are washed out. The clouds are actually in front of the sun, but because the CCD sensor is so sensitive (as film can be too), the clouds seem to disappear (IE makes it look like the sun is in front of them).

The effect is the same with the video of the full Moon. The amount of light reflected is quite large, just as a bright flashlight is being pointed at the CCD sensor. You can achieve the same effect with a very bright flashlight and a thin piece of white cloth in a dark room. Place the think white cloth in front of the flash light and aim the camera at it, while in a very dark room and take a look at your results.

I've personally experienced earthquakes in various places around the world. We have records going back thousands of years recording earthquakes. Pretty sure those were not from a nuclear weapons test.

Searching for a reason, people were able to find surface faults in the Earth and noticed that after a quake in the area, the faults had moved. Doesn't take too much to put 2 and 2 together and realize that huge sections of the Earth moving is going to cause things to shake and shimmy.

Based on the logic: if I didn't personally see and experience it, does one not believe in Tornadoes (something I've also seen) or Hurricanes/Typhoons ? So those people really didn't die in them?

If the only way something can be "real" is because of one actually seeing something, I guess bacteria and a virus must be fake too. People really don't get sick from them, right?

I guess electricity must be fake too. After all, you can't see electrons flowing......even though every bit of electrical/electronic technology was designed and built around how electrons flow and work.....so that device you're using to post here must also be fake........

Radio waves...damn, can't see those either. Another fake!

There's having an open mind......then there's letting your brain fall to the floor.

ATS motto: Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Get a friend, a couple of walkie talkies (or use cell phones) and a flashlight.

You need to find someplace that appears very flat for up to 1 mile. I'd suggest going to a dry lake bed, but I'm thinking you're most likely posting from Europe. Still, you might find someplace that is flat enough.

Have your friend take the flash light and go exactly 1 mile from you. Do this at night too of course.

Lay on the ground facing your friend.

Have your friend shine the flash light towards you while holding it about waist level.....you should see it just fine.

Now have him lay it on the ground pointed towards you.......it should disappear due to the curve of the Earth, which works out to 8 inches of arc per mile. Means the flash light laying on the ground won't be visible to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71 >>

join