It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LondonAirport

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

a reply to: oldcarpy

Why can't you just open your mind? Just entertain the idea for one moment. Then you will start seeing the evidence we're being lied to about the shape of the earth. Everything. Weather systems only make sense for example in a lat earth type scenario. Earthquakes. Only in a flat earth model can they exist. So much evidence, the moon and sun being within the earths atmosphere is only the tip of the iceberg.

I'm going to stop laughing at this point and try to ask a question.
Your logic is, of course, completely nonsensical and you have no facts at all (other than the fact that you are obviously trolling us) but I have to ask this - why do earthquakes only make sense in a FE scenario? Please give us all a detailed answer as how you think that plate tectonics can't exist on a globe.

I will answer your question with a question, because I'm glad you asked.

What *is* an earthquake? OK. This is totally on topic and it'll come clear in a second. I want you to tell me what YOU know about earthquakes. Have you experienced one? Or have you only read about what they are, never seen one, and rely on "research" by other people?

I sense that we are entering a zone of hysterical silliness, but I'll bite. Having visited San Francisco and experienced a small tremor (and having actually seen the San Andreas fault) an earthquake occurs when following years or accumulated stress at the junction of two fault lines, the faults move relative to each other. I've even felt a quake here on the outskirts of London.
So I've read about them, seen the cause and felt the shaking.
Oh and I've also seen the correlation between the great Cascadia fault line and the cascade volcanoes.
Please explain your theory.

Ah, so you've experienced something that you've been *told* is an earthquake. But actually, could have been absolutely anything, eg. Underground Nuclear Bomb testing. But it's ok, you have read about Earthquakes, so it's 100% an earthquake. Cool. Seems logical.

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, we are indeed in the ZONE OF HYSTERICAL SILLINESS.
What fun.
Sooo.... you are claiming that something that I felt in San Francisco might have been from an underground nuclear test. Right. Sure. Have you ever seen the San Andreas fault? You can see the offset in places where roads used to connect. I know this, I have seen it. I don't think you have.
Let's have a quick summary of the thread: The Sun and Moon are inside our atmosphere, the stars seen from the International Space Station aren't there, gravity doesn't exist, there's no such thing as earthquakes, the sky is painted (or something) and everything is a lie.
This has been very entertaining. I've never seen such a collection of more obvious trolls in my life. No-one can really be that delusional or that stupid. Bravo, I am impressed as to the entertainment value. Do you do standup by any chance?

edit on 15-3-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: typo

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonAirport

Do what? No one told me or had to tell me that they were earthquakes because it was bleeding obvious that they were earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Dude all I'm saying is that not me or you is really qualified to say for 100% certainty what you experienced is an earthquake.

Come on, you can surely give me that??

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I saw the the flat coat of paint of my generation destroyed,
How I mourned the ground.
Never forget the bland and unqualified ground.

How happy is the bowl universe!
Now basin is just the thing,
To get me wondering if the universe is bowlful.

Planet is table top.
table top is planet.
A planet is life-size. a planet is larger,
a planet is great, however.

The fat clown sings like a gravity
A clown is dumpy. a down is profitable,
a clown is buttery, however.
The earth is not flat.

Computers can do poetry

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Do what? No one told me or had to tell me that they were earthquakes because it was bleeding obvious that they were earthquakes.

No one told you? So you found out about earthquakes through osmosis in the womb?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You think that video is convincing?!!!!

OK, I have a bridge in London for sale at a very reasonable price, just for you.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Why, yes I did, actually. How did you know?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

You think that video is convincing?!!!!

OK, I have a bridge in London for sale at a very reasonable price, just for you.

Have you watched it? If so..what was unconvincing about the video?
Did you read the comments?
Maybe you can help me be less gullible.
edit on 15-3-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Why, yes I did, actually. How did you know?

Look ok, let's be serious for a minute. You know about earthquakes because you're an educated man/woman ok? I will not deny you that. Thing is, you only know about earthquakes because you've been educated, i.e. told how it is by another person, that you have granted them blind faith that it's correct.

Was it you that was wanting to sell a bridge to someone? Because actually, there's more chance of selling a bridge to someone like you who follows blindly what someone says, than selling to someone like me, who questions nearly everything.
edit on 15-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Given the fact that I'm an amateur geologist, plus my wife is from Oregon, then yes, I do know what causes earthquakes.
Let's get back to plate tectonics - fact or fiction?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Dude go and look at cows in a field and then read up on perspective that should help you
it really is a simple concept to grasp if you pay attention to the concept of depth perception and perspective
and also please do read up on optics !

You are putting words in my mouth I never once mentioned anything about the distance of clouds, but if you understand basic geography you will learn about the various classifications given to different areas of the earths atmosphere and you would learn that clouds arent any where near that distance away.

In fact have you ever climbed a mountain ? clouds can start at aropund 1000 feet above sea level and then range up to the upper stratosphere are cirrocumulus , cirrus or cirrostratus 16,000 feet to 39,000 feet , or 12 Kilometers which isnt even 10 miles !

I am not trying to be rude , but I get the general impression you are just being willfully ignorant to these already established scientific facts! I also get the impression you spent more time in school reciting grime gun bars and par'n wastemen
than paying attention to the basic concepts of scientific enquiry

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Given the fact that I'm an amateur geologist, plus my wife is from Oregon, then yes, I do know what causes earthquakes.
Let's get back to plate tectonics - fact or fiction?

Okay then, please link me to some of your peer reviewed papers of your work.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

If the moon is in the earths atmosphere explain a solar eclipse

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I starred your post.

Listen - all I'm trying to do is help you understand my viewpoint. I don't accept the official story. I trust my eyesight first, official story second. And everyone would do well to do that too.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

If the moon is in the earths atmosphere explain a solar eclipse

Because the sun is within the earths atmosphere too, which I have provided proof of earlier in the thread.
edit on 15-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Yes I watched it.

What was unconvincing was the fact that everyone knows that among other things astronauts train for weightlessness in water.

I read the comments - hilarious!

No, I don't think I can help you there.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

How do you know that your wife is really from Oregon? Because she told you? And you just blindly believe what you are told? etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

OK, no point in engaging with an obvious troll so I will say Good Day to you, sir or madam.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

How do you know that your wife is really from Oregon? Because she told you? And you just blindly believe what you are told? etc.

This is EXACTLY the right attitude! For him to really know. To REALLY know, he'd have had to been present at the birth of his wife in Oregon. That is of course, if it's true that he was told he was in Oregon at the time.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Ok , now tell me do you trust your own eyes when you look at an optical illusion or do you process the images your seeing with your eyes then using your brain use logic and reason to determine what you are seeing is a phenomenon based on the biology of the human eye ?

As for your answer about the sun being in the earths atmosphere , that doesnt explain an eclipse
explain the physical process that happens if the two objects are in the earths atmosphere !

Mate I understand your view point, but with reason you can resolve this issue
no human ever went through life believing their eyes only, they use all of our faculties to find the truth of the matter
a combination of our senses and our ability to reason (which is what separates us from the animals apparently)

Also evidence is not proof , all that video does is give evidence that the refracted light from the surface of the moon is strong enough to shine through less dense clouds from the background here on earth making them appear transparent , bringing the moon to the foreground. Where as the more dense clouds which are in the foreground actually block out the refracted light from the sun of the moons surface because they also refract the light from the moon due to their high water content , they are rain clouds dark and heavy filled with water, which refracts light ,
Now why might the light refracted be so strong? , well because it comes from a giant fire ball in space , that is not within our atmosphere as we'd all be dead from extreme levels of radiation .

but dont take my word for it , you can of course as suggested repeatedly , figure this all our yourself with maths and some physical observation, and low and behold you will find the same results as every other human who has tried this before you through their own curiosity !

If you are trying to make me see your point of view ( funny choice of words ) then I am trying to make you see "ours"

edit on 15-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71 >>

join