It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonAirport

And how does sending a phone up on a balloon answer that the sky is x amount of miles away?

why don't you look up what the sky is so you know what you are talking about.

Oh yeah, real mature. Attack the people asking difficult questions. Tell us to go away. I thought this kind of thought is encouraged on this website?

They suggested doing an experiment.

If that is insulting then it says a lot more about you than it does anything else.

See there you go again with the insults! Did I ever insult you? I did not.

No one insulted you.

NO one.

I'm just here to discuss some really blatant lies that's being promoted by i don't know who, for I don't know reasons.

So you have come to talk about you don't know what, you don't know who and you don't know why.

Where's the critical thinking there?? HUH??

for someone who doesn't know what the sky consists of, its no wonder you ask where the critical thinking is.

It must be so alien to you when you encounter it.

And in fact, evidence show that it DOES, how do I know this? Because the sun is on top of the blue sky, so therefore the atmosphere must be AT LEAST as far as the sun is from earth. And I don't need a book to tell me that, I can see it every day.

The top of the sky?

You need a dictionary to learn what some words mean before you use them more often.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonAirport

There definitely IS a conspiracy here.

Yes,

there must be people conspiring to troll ATS.

The evidence is all so clear in this very thread.

Trust nothing is what I say.

Its obviously evident by how you post and the questions you ask.

However, one would have be a fool to answer any of your questions after what you just posted.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cellardo0r
In all my years of research, i've never seen a theory so vehemently opposed, as flat earth is. We have people on this forum seriously discussing the existence of little grey aliens that took over Dulce base like it's a fact, without real opposition, but talk about flat earth, and people will lose their minds and attack you in droves for even entertaining the idea.

Perhaps that is because flat earth isn’t a theory as is defined in a scientific context. It’s a pipe dream for the scientifically illiterate and willfully ignorant.

A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested, in accordance with the scientific method, using a predefined protocol of observation and experiment

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I would be interested if believers of the flat earth model could answer some of these questions.

1. How do solar and lunar eclipses work in the flat earth model? I personally witnessed the summer solar eclipse and had the glasses that let me look at the sun and see the moon pass right in front of it.

Can the flat earth model predict both lunar and solar eclipses with the same level of accuracy that the current heliocentric model can?

Can the flat earth model explain how solar and lunar eclipses work?

2. I own several compasses and I know that compasses always point north because of the earth's magnetic field. I know that compasses respond to magnetic fields because I have taken magnets to them and I am able to reverse the needle of the compass by reversing the polarity of the magnet. So I am able to prove with a compass that the earth has a magnetic field.

What creates the magnetic field in the flat earth model?

If the flat earth model holds that the southern portion is an Ice wall that is circular and there is no true south then how can my compass point to true north and south instead of spinning around like I would expect it to on a disk shaped world with no true south?

3.I have gone hiking in pretty remote areas that have no cell phone service and no signal is visible on my phone. Yet I have been able to pick up a GPS signal.

If space is not real and satellites are not real then where is the gps signal coming from if I am miles and miles away from any cell phone tower or transmitter?

How do ships use GPS to navigate far out in the oceans where there are no cell phone towers or transmitters?

How are ships able to pick up a GPS signal if it’s not coming from a satellite in orbit?

How is the US military able to use GPS to coordinate maneuvers in foreign countries and hostile regions if GPS signals are not coming from a satellite in orbit?

4.I have been stargazing for a long time I have seen the ISS pass over on regular intervals. I have seen many satellites passing overhead. I have been witnessing satellites with my naked eyes long before drones became a thing in case that is an answer.

How can I see orbiting satellites in the night if space travel is impossible?

5.I have watched many sunsets the sun always sets in the west and has the appearance of disappearing below the western horizon line. The sun’s size never changes as it seems to disappear below the western horizon line this would only seem to be explainable by the earth being curved and turning away from the west towards the east as the earth turns eastward it gives the illusion of disappearing under the curvature of the earth. Now I have seen flat earth models show the sun as moving around in a circle above the disk shaped earth. If this was so I would expect to see the sun get smaller and smaller at sunset and curve slightly to the north. I would not expect to see the sun dip below the horizon line on a flat earth. I would only expect it to get smaller and smaller as it moves away. Yet I have never witnessed this I have only witnessed the sun appearing to move down and disappear below the western horizon.

If the earth is flat why do I see the sun remain the same size and disappear below the horizon line instead of get smaller and smaller and turn north as I would expect it to with the flat earth model?

How do sunsets and sunrises work on a flat earth?

I have several more questions I could ask about the flat earth Model but I think these are sufficient for now.

edit on 12-3-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Perhaps that is because flat earth isn’t a theory as is defined in a scientific context. It’s a pipe dream for the scientifically illiterate and willfully ignorant.

It would be more accurate to call it the Flat Earth Hypothesis and so far it has not produced any good peer reviewed experimental data to support it's self.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Nor are any of us surprised at that lack of peer reviewed data supporting...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Flat earth delusion seems more appropriate

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I've seen the GPS one before. The claim is that they're using Loran-C still.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I've seen the GPS one before. The claim is that they're using Loran-C still.

I had to look up what Loran-C is interesting.

I'm sure they claim it is still active to support their delusion.

In 2010 the US and Canadian systems were shut down, along with shared Loran-C/CHAYKA stations with Russia.[2][3] Several other chains remained active, and some had been upgraded for continued use.

I am just surprised at the lengths flat earthers will go to explain their worldview.

It's like the total opposite of occam's razor.

edit on 12-3-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Alright, so flat earth is a conspiracy, per the title, but not a theory, I think I understand now, but I must say, my head is spinning faster than the earth, but oddly I don't feel anything. Strange.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cellardo0r

Its not a conspiracy...

T'would require at least something in the idea that is believable

Flat earth has absolutely no merit... Nothing

Except maybe.... "Well You've never seen the curvature of the earth with your own eyes"... which is ridonkulous!!

I haven't seen China either.... Hell i haven't seen Chicago!! Pretty sure it exists though!!

Its complete and utter stupidity

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Hell i haven't seen Chicago!! Pretty sure it exists though!!

Lucky.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I see, so this is neither a conspiracy, nor a theory, are we sure this thread is in the proper forum, where's the skunk works?

To answer the OP, it's called a fish-eye lens.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

With so much strangeness happening when 'they went to the moon' - no wonder not all that is presented as fact is believed.
edit on 13-3-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So we didn't go to the moon, either?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So we didn't go to the moon, either?

We didn't? They all lied!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

With so much strangeness happening when 'they went to the moon' - no wonder not all that is presented as fact is believed.

I thought it was a joke
but it ended up being an MTV Video.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Walter Cronkite would never lie!!!

He was in my living room in black and white on that particular day in 1969. The most trusted man in America, at one time...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was waiting to be born, but I would have loved to have been born on that day in history, so close!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I was five. Just about to start school that fall. The thing I remember most were my parents, and especially my grandma...

My grandma's folks had travelled to the US via sail driven ships, steam was still very rare. She herself traveled west in a covered wagon, as the railroads hadn't got where her family wanted to go yet.

Yet in her lifetime, we'd set foot on another world. An airless, rather hostile world to be sure, but another world none the less.

I get the same, or something like it, feelings when I first saw pictures from Voyager, and Pioneer, and, especially, Viking. Other worlds. Stuff of science-fiction, had become science reality.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join