It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Altimeters measure altitude by measuring the atmospheric pressure outside the aeroplane. That pressure would be the same at the same altitude relative to sea level anywhere.
That means it will adjust to the curve because the atmosphere curves around the globe.

So if you are 30.000feet above the Pacific it is also 30.000feet above the Mediterranean.

An aeroplane would rather have a slight upwards angle, because it relies on aerodynamics to fly. It not just levitating.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: Akragon

Their actual instruments will adjust to the slightest curve accordingly...

No, they don't.

The attitude indicator bases level flight on the horizon. The vertical speed indicator bases level flight on the air pressure around the plane. They have nothing to do with the ground below.

And the altimeter bases altitude on sea level. Not the ground below.

Which instruments adjust to curvature during flights, then?

I've never heard of one.

Level flight on a sphere, that's the whole point.
Or do you think that level flight is only possible on a flat plane?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

The Sun circles around above us during the day, and continues along the circle, to the other side, while we are now in the dark of night.

A video which shows the path of the Sun..

www.youtube.com...

Cool video,

I guess you know how it works,

can you explain why the sun/moon disappear and just before they disappear instead of getting smaller as they get closer to the so called horizon they are perceived to get bigger, why?

What magic is this? are demons involved?

Is there a video of this, so I can see exactly what you are talking about?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carabao

No, they don't.

The attitude indicator bases level flight on the horizon. The vertical speed indicator bases level flight on the air pressure around the plane. They have nothing to do with the ground below.

I've never heard of one.

Level flight on a sphere, that's the whole point.
Or do you think that level flight is only possible on a flat plane?

Level flight is measured by horizon, and air pressure around the airplane. So if it was a "level flight on a sphere", the plane would continue it's level flight, and the Earth would curve downward. Level flight has nothing to do with the ground below. It stays level in air, level to the horizon. It does not fly in a descent, in an arc, because it would not be flying level at that point.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

No, they don't.

I've never heard of one.

Yes you have: they are called the Pilot and the Autopilot.

Not sure if you are just not understanding.....or you are and are trolling, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, and explain once again, what has been explained to you several times now.

The curve of the Earth, as measured at 5 miles altitude is 0.0144 degrees of curve per mile. A very insignificant number. One that neither your eye can see, or your body can feel. But that curve is there.

Once a plane has reached it's cruise altitude and is headed in the right direction for it's destination, the pilot keeps the plane "level" using the Attitude Indicator. This instrument will show the pilot if their nose of the plane is up or down with the artificial horizon, and will also show if the plane is rolling left or right. The pilot will keep the two lines on the indicator together, producing "level" flight.

If the plane has an autopilot, it will also maintain keeping the lines on the indicator together, unless directed otherwise by the pilot.

There are many things that can cause the loss of level flight that will be felt: thermal updrafts, wind shear, etc. These are dramatic and large changes.

The Earth's curve of 0.0144 degrees per mile is not a dramatic change. It's a very small change that is not felt due to being so small. Just as if I put you in a box and raised you up 10 feet....but only at a rate of 1 inch per 10 seconds. You won't feel yourself going up.

Again: this is all moot if you'd just go do the experiment I told you about with the flashlight in my one post.

Find a flatbed lake that is at least a mile wide. At night have your friend with the flashlight 1 mile away from you and holding it up, lay down on the ground, and see the flashlight. Have them lay the flash light on the ground and it will seem to disappear....because it's dropped 0.0144 degrees below your horizon due to the curve of the Earth.

Go do it. Take pictures and video to prove you've done it correctly......and if the light itself fails to disappear, all of us that are arguing against Flat Earth will have to eat crow.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carabao

Altimeters measure altitude by measuring the atmospheric pressure outside the aeroplane. That pressure would be the same at the same altitude relative to sea level anywhere.
That means it will adjust to the curve because the atmosphere curves around the globe.

So if you are 30.000feet above the Pacific it is also 30.000feet above the Mediterranean.

An aeroplane would rather have a slight upwards angle, because it relies on aerodynamics to fly. It not just levitating.

No. If the altimeter were 'adjusting to the curve', it would put the airplane in a descent throughout the flight. And we know the plane stays level throughout the flight.

You cannot have a level flight over a sphere. Because a sphere is never level itself. You would have to fly in a continual descent, an arc, and never be in level flight.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

GTFOOH! Is there a video of this? seriously?

Do you have eyes to see the sky?

Do you have legs that can get you to a position to see the sky where the sun is setting and prior to that when the sun is high up in the sky?

If you answer yes,

then go outside at noon, the sun should be high in the sky.

Take note or hold up a coin with your arm extended and find a coin that will roughly eclipse the sun high in the sky at noon.

then

Go out just before sun set and use the same coin to try and cover the sun.

How does the sun get so big?

If we are on a flat earth and the sun just disappears due to perspective as some like to claim, why does the sun look likes getting bigger when its setting?

Shouldn't it get smaller the further it gets on the flat disc?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Why do you want a video? Have you never seen a sunset yourself?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

No, they don't.

I've never heard of one.

Yes you have: they are called the Pilot and the Autopilot.

Not sure if you are just not understanding.....or you are and are trolling, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, and explain once again, what has been explained to you several times now.

The curve of the Earth, as measured at 5 miles altitude is 0.0144 degrees of curve per mile. A very insignificant number. One that neither your eye can see, or your body can feel. But that curve is there.

Once a plane has reached it's cruise altitude and is headed in the right direction for it's destination, the pilot keeps the plane "level" using the Attitude Indicator. This instrument will show the pilot if their nose of the plane is up or down with the artificial horizon, and will also show if the plane is rolling left or right. The pilot will keep the two lines on the indicator together, producing "level" flight.

If the plane has an autopilot, it will also maintain keeping the lines on the indicator together, unless directed otherwise by the pilot.

There are many things that can cause the loss of level flight that will be felt: thermal updrafts, wind shear, etc. These are dramatic and large changes.

The Earth's curve of 0.0144 degrees per mile is not a dramatic change. It's a very small change that is not felt due to being so small. Just as if I put you in a box and raised you up 10 feet....but only at a rate of 1 inch per 10 seconds. You won't feel yourself going up.

A plane would have to fly in a continual decent to fly over a sphere, no matter how 'insignificant' you think the rate of descent. It would NEVER fly level.

And planes fly level, throughout the flight.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

It doesn't need to the aircraft will naturally follow the curvature of the earth because the atmosphere also follows the curvature of the earth.

Did you watch these videos?.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Again, you're being willfully ignorant, because again, you can't understand a simple concept, or you're trolling.

Never said it flies level.

It follows the curve of 0.0144 degrees per mile. A cure so gradual, it feels level.

Come on. Go do the experiment. It will either convince you, or you'll at least come back here with some new material, instead of blathering on about the same thing over and over that I never said.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

I'm going the latter tbh.
We are wasting our time.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

GTFOOH! Is there a video of this? seriously?

Do you have eyes to see the sky?

Do you have legs that can get you to a position to see the sky where the sun is setting and prior to that when the sun is high up in the sky?

If you answer yes,

then go outside at noon, the sun should be high in the sky.

Take note or hold up a coin with your arm extended and find a coin that will roughly eclipse the sun high in the sky at noon.

then

Go out just before sun set and use the same coin to try and cover the sun.

How does the sun get so big?

If we are on a flat earth and the sun just disappears due to perspective as some like to claim, why does the sun look likes getting bigger when its setting?

Shouldn't it get smaller the further it gets on the flat disc?

Here's a video with sunsets. Where is it shown in the clip?...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Scientists say the universe only appears endless because it rounds up.
Earth appears round because it is so big.
The question if either or both are flat is philosophical and like the question for god can never be answered.
Case closed.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Yes we are. He is like a dog with a bone.

Can anyone explain how night is meant to happen on the FE model? I really don't get it. Well, that is not the only thing I don't get with FE but there you go.

I think 90% of Flat Earthers don't actually believe in it and are just up for an argument. Then there is the other 9% who are just beyond hope. Then there is the 1% who believe in FE and Moon Landings Faked etc. You get the picture as to what we are dealing with here?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Here's a video with sunsets.

No, its a flat earth video.

Where is it shown in the clip?...

I don't know, you posted it so you should know what is in it. I didnt watch it.

I asked if you have eyes and legs to see and walk.

Is the answer is no, is this is why you need a video and you have never seen a sun set?

please stop trolling.
edit on 12-2-2018 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Have you read the comments on that video?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

lets crowd fund for the leader of the flat earth to do a low earth orbit

and get them to witness first hand the earths curvature from low earth orbit !

shut them up for good

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Xcathdra

lets crowd fund for the leader of the flat earth to do a low earth orbit

and get them to witness first hand the earths curvature from low earth orbit !

shut them up for good

hey if this happens I am the leader.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

how do you know there is no life on other planets? Have you been there? I suppose of you had, you could see how round the Earth is.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join