It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

this thread is rapidly going down the " train wreck " path .

and this gem :

Footages will all show no curve

demonstrates why . our " turkish " contributer - has already concluded what the results of his " experiment " will be - BEFORE it has been done

so much for science

this - desipite the fact that he has already admitted that his alledged " pilot nephew " - has actually seen the earths curvature - MK-I eyeball

rather than supply individual examples - i urge everyone to read this members " contribution " to this thread :

link

yup - theres 9 pages - pay particular attention to how manyy questions it evades

then draw your own conclusions

i now recuse myself from this thread - but i am sure our beligerant turk will have " the last word "

ETA - just for context - read my contribution to this thread too :

link

i ask every flat earth proponent here - direct questions - and never recieve a straight answer

edit on 1-2-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

ooops - cannot resist one last dig

You shall observe how objects cast distorted shadow on a ball .

demonstrate your claim

your entire reply - is yet another graphic demonstration of my problem with this thread

you were asked to explain how the lunar eclipse occurs - according to flat earth " cosmology "

once again - you evaded - and launched into an attempt to falsifie the spheroid theory explaination

go figure

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

So, let me get your argument straight:

Scientific method is about a hypothetical framework that explains an observed phenomenon and renders predictions that come true, I.e. Are not falsified.

So, if some person has already done some experiments in a certain way, when he states what the outcome will be of that same experiment done again: your response is: so much for science?

If so, do I understand you correctly that it was a derogatory utterance? If so, what makes you think predicting an outcome of a scientific experiment is not science?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: turbonium1
I've never heard a pilot, or anyone, say how planes are always in descent, which is very odd. It seems very important, to fly properly,

Clearly, you are not a pilot. Pilots maintain a constant altitude relative to the curving surface of then earth.

Which means all planes must fly in a constant descent, to maintain a constant altitude....right??

So why do instruments show if planes are at level flight, if pilots want to AVOID any sort of level flight?

What instruments show the CURVATURE of Earth... ?

The VSI shows whether or not a plane is in level flight...why??

What instrument(s) show pilots their actual descent path, around the sphere?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

That would be their elevation...

Simple questions.. Simple answers

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Saying the Earth is not flat at all when everyone knows it's flat, seeing it's flat, everywhere, no doubts.

It is proven, and is provable, at any time, as flat.

Religion had nothing to do with it.

After it became linked to a religious fervor, blind ignorance....nobody dared say the Earth was flat, or doubt any of it as 100% true. Any who have were soon a laughing stock. So years went by, and almost nobody said a word...not in public, anyway.

Many now say it is, indeed, flat.

Because it's proven to be flat.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Saying the Earth is not flat at all when everyone knows it's flat, seeing it's flat, everywhere, no doubts.

It is proven, and is provable, at any time, as flat.

Oh really?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Oh reeeeeaaaally? Known to be flat is it?
Last night I walked my dog in the evening here in London. I watched the Sun go down at the top of a hill. The sun sank below the horizon. But as I walked down the hill I looked up and there was a plane far above - almost exactly above me - that was in full sunlight.
I wonder how that could be...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

That would be their elevation...

Simple questions.. Simple answers

At takeoff, the plane's Vertical Speed Indicator shows it's ascent.

The plane ascends until reaching a certain altitude. Which is often termed 'cruising altitude'.

What does the VSI show, at that point?

It shows 'level' flight, yes?

What is 'level' flight?

When the plane is 'level' flight, it is neither in ascent, nor in descent.

Do you think planes that reach level flight, stay level, too?

They do remain in level flight, of course.

Planes fly best, most stable, when level.

We know how planes react, in ascent, or descent...even just a very slight change, we're likely to be very aware of it....

When we fly somewhere in a plane, it remains level, mostly.

And the altitude remains about the same throughout this period, right?

The VSI shows the plane is at level flight, and is at the same altitude, throughout the period....

It's the same for small planes, too...

Here's a challenge for you...

All flight holds to the same principles, same laws, obviously.

Which must be able to account for the (supposed) curvature of Earth, then.

Where is it mentioned in any textbook, or any classroom, or any flight schools, or any pilot training sessions, at any level....TO ALWAYS FLY AIRCRAFT IN A CONSTANT DESCENT, WHICH IS REQUIRED TO ACCOUNT FOR EARTH'S CURVATURE???????

This would be taught to ANYONE who would like to be a pilot, no??

Sure.

So, is it actually taught?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

ever consider the size of the plane compared to the earth curvature?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Last night I walked my dog in the evening here in London. I watched the Sun go down at the top of a hill. The sun sank below the horizon. But as I walked down the hill I looked up and there was a plane far above - almost exactly above me - that was in full sunlight.

And I wonder what your point is actually supposed to be, here...

We are discussing an actual surface, either flat, or spherical.

An actual surface that is entirely, easily, provable, or it fails.

And the sphere has no proof, and so it fails.

Done.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Here is an offer for the reader of this thread ;

I will get you a footage from 40000ft showing all the view and all the horizon you can see .

I'll ask my nephew who flies regularly to take video of the horizon .

Footages will all show no curve .

Why would the horizon curve on a spherical earth? How would it curve?

There's not much sense in talking about the horizon curving or not curving, so I'd like to know how exactly flat-earthers would imagine it.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I just love the complete mess flat-earthers make of such concepts as perspective and convergence:

www.youtube.com...

That video is in equal parts funny and face-palmingly frustrating.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

TO ALWAYS FLY AIRCRAFT IN A CONSTANT DESCENT, WHICH IS REQUIRED TO ACCOUNT FOR EARTH'S CURVATURE???????

Luckily, pilots are not total morons like flat-earther seem to be, and they're probably aware that their plane is kept at a level altitude by the Earth's gravity. Gravity is what curves the plane's path over the curvature of earth.
edit on 3-2-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

TO ALWAYS FLY AIRCRAFT IN A CONSTANT DESCENT, WHICH IS REQUIRED TO ACCOUNT FOR EARTH'S CURVATURE???????

Luckily, pilots are not total morons like flat-earther seem to be, and they're probably aware that their plane is kept at a level altitude by the Earth's gravity. Gravity is what curves the plane's path over the curvature of earth.

Gravity is amazing, smart, and so much more!!

An airplane can fly up, so 'gravity' is picky, too!

Gravity is not proven to even exist, it is a theory.

Theories don't wash.

You can't solve real problems with a theoretical phenomenon. Not a chance.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Planes fly level within air itself. Not level to the surface below it.

A level flight goes over mountains, or valleys, or water, or anything.

If a plane arced downward, it would not be level.

The instruments prove it is level within the air, not an invented phenomenon that doesn't even exist!

Non-existing phenomenon like 'gravity' are always used to excuse any sort of actual, real-world problems.

Water can 'curve' around a ball, with 'gravity' holding it in place! Of course, no other water can curve around a ball, because gravity is a very picky sort of phenomenon, as we all know! It chooses when it will work, or not work. Water, for example, will curve, or not curve, at the same time.

Gravity holds the moon in place, curves oceans around planets, makes anything in air rotate with planets below. Holds everything to Earth, too.

It has problems trying to curve an ounce of water around a little ball!!

Water cannot curve, obviously. It cannot curve around lakes, or oceans, or little balls.

An ounce of water defies gravity, but not massive oceans of water!

Good one.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

And I wonder what your point is actually supposed to be, here...

We are discussing an actual surface, either flat, or spherical.

An actual surface that is entirely, easily, provable, or it fails.

And the sphere has no proof, and so it fails.

Done.

(Facepalm) Did you read my actual post?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Perhaps you could enlighten the class as to why we don't all fly off into space if gravity isn't a sound theory

Oh wait... Do flat earthers believe in space?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

You think I need to know you in order to be able to tell whether you saw the curve or not ?

NO I don't think that, its something I know, its a fact.

I know I cant speak for you, what you have and haven't seen, what you have and haven't done.

If you think you can speak for strangers and dictate what they have and haven't done and seen then you are beyond any reasoning or logical discussion.

Thanks again for proving my point.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Perhaps you could enlighten the class as to why we don't all fly off into space if gravity isn't a sound theory

Because of density.

How does gravity hold the moon in place, while astronauts float/drift in space, much closer to Earth??

A great power which holds massive celestial objects in place, somehow cannot hold s#%#% in space, much closer to Earth, much smaller.....

Gravity curves water around a ball.

A very unique ball, where water forms around it.

The problem is - you cannot show any water which curves around a ball.

It would be noted in all scientific papers, that water can curve around a spherical object, and remain in place.

This phenomenon of water curving around a sphere, bound by a 'gravitational force', is utterly absurd.

Your argument is that water curves around Earth, since gravity makes water curve around Earth.
Nobody can prove water curves around a sphere, first of all..

Gravity doesn't exist. Water doesn't curve around a ball, stuck around it!!

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join