It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
just a reminder for our resident flat-earth proponents :

explainations for the observable lunar eclipse ??????????????

we are still waiting for a logical one

Are you sure you are open minded enough to unlearn and re-learn ?

Truth is actually before your eyes ; the shadow on the moon is uniform .
Have a little experiment to yourself and cast a shadow on a ball with another ball .

You shall observe how objects cast distorted shadow on a ball .

I'll look for a video explanations and demonstration but I am afraid your ego won't allow you to take in the new information that you are currenty unaware.

Obviously this doesn't prove " FE " but it disproves the accepted narrative ; rest is up to you .

edit on 31-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Have a little experiment to yourself and cast a shadow on a ball with another ball .

I'll look for a video explanations and demonstration but I am afraid your ego won't allow you to take in the new information that you are currenty unaware.

Obviously this doesn't prove " FE " but it disproves the accepted narrative ; rest is up to you .

Can you explain how telescopes/binoculars don't allow me to continue seeing ships on the sea at a distance?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: markojo

Can you explain how telescopes/binoculars don't allow me to continue seeing ships on the sea at a distance?

Limitation of vision is due to Athmospheric conditions .

Water vapor gets in the way and diffuse/scatter the light ; there is a nice video on youtube , if I find it , I'll put a link . It explains perspective + vision much better .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

"IF" the earth were flat, would that not mean we could build a telescope powerful enough to see both the Statue of Liberty and Pike's Peak from the same location in Kansas ??

Would it also not mean there is no way the U S could ever be at risk of a rocket attack from North Korea ? The height of the ballistic arc involved in firing any projectile from that distance would be in excess of the height of the "firmament dome" which covers the flat earth. This height is determined by the length of the chord between the two ends of a ballistic arc. In the flat earth model, the length of this chord is by far greater than it would be if the earth were a spheroid. Thus the zenith of the arc would be much too high for a rocket to not hit the "dome". So we are all much safer than we had previously thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Here is an iintersting presentation about the curvature .

Hopefully it should put an end to claims that ships disappear behind the horizon due to curvature.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Is there anyone who knows anything about Trump allegedly claiming that Earth is Flat ?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Is there anyone who knows anything about Trump allegedly claiming that Earth is Flat ?

Wow. You have just taken your trolling to a whole new level. до свидания!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Wow. You have just taken your trolling to a whole new level. до свидания!

Arrivederci .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Limitation of vision is due to Athmospheric conditions . Water vapor gets in the way and diffuse/scatter the light ; there is a nice video on youtube , if I find it , I'll put a link . It explains perspective + vision much better .

But with these limitations we can see the stars?

Or are starts just light bulbs on the domes ceiling?

Please do not post videos explaining anything,

ATS is for discussion not flooding it with Youtube video to speak for you and your beliefs.

Are the sun and moon just a group of light bulbs to make them look like the size they are?

If, due to the laws of perspective, the further away an object gets the smaller they should seem when observed,

then how is it

If we are on a flat earth and its the law of perspective that dictates why ships and stuff seem to go over the horizon when in fact they don't they just get too small to see according to flat earthists, How do the Sun and Moon increase in observational size when they get closer to the horizon instead of decrease like everything else?

edit on 31-1-2018 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Limitation of vision is due to Athmospheric conditions . Water vapor gets in the way and diffuse/scatter the light ; there is a nice video on youtube , if I find it , I'll put a link . It explains perspective + vision much better .

But with these limitations we can see the stars?

Or are starts just light bulbs on the domes ceiling?

Please do not post videos explaining anything,

ATS is for discussion not flooding it with Youtube video to speak for you and your beliefs.

Are the sun and moon just a group of light bulbs to make them look like the size they are?

If, due to the laws of perspective, the further away an object gets the smaller they should seem when observed,

then how is it

If we are on a flat earth and its the law of perspective that dictates why ships and stuff seem to go over the horizon when in fact they don't they just get too small to see according to flat earthists, How do the Sun and Moon increase in observational size when they get closer to the horizon instead of decrease like everything else?

First of all let me clear one thing ; I am not a Flat Earther simply put because I can't prove it .

I use FE videos because some of the stuff they say overlaps with some of the stuff I wonder about .

Curvature is one such issue .

For example I would recommend listening to Eric P Dollards explanations about what Sun is .

My point is that the accepted narrative doesn't hold water whichever way you look at it .

I speak about the issue of Curvature because I can scientifically say that the Curve is not there .

Stars distances and other anamolies about their appearences can also be debated but I don't believe what NASA tells me about Stars & Universe because I can now see that NASA has been CGI'ing me all along .

Sad part of all this is that I had the know-how to debunk NASA for at least 15 years but untill last year I have never ever given anyt hought to doing so .

One night I got angry with a flat earther and I set out to prove him wrong by using Science ; that is how this journey of re-learning begun for me .

Hardest thing to do was to admit to myself that I have never seen the curve .

I have a flight coming up in next March where I am gonna go up to 38000 ft in Boeing cockpit ; tell me what would you do to see the curve at that height .
I was chatting to my nephew recently ; he is a commercial pilot who flies Boeing's for living and he also admits that the only time a slight curve is visible is when the sun is setting and rising for a brief period while crusing at 38000 ft.

But there is a catch ; the slight curve that is visible to our eyes at that time is in no way compatible with what Science says we should see .

I am not willing to look the other way ; I understand that some people might be more comfortable to look the otherway but I am not one of those people .

Remember ; all I am saying is use observation , measurement and testing .

Nothing more , nothing less .

Should you decide to do a bit of Science , jolly good .

Do ignore those who may accuse you of not knowing or understanding what Science is .

Science IS observation , measurement and testing .

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Thank you for replying but not replying.

You addressed absolutely nothing, so why reply?

To say

and..... water is wet

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Thank you for replying but not replying.

You addressed absolutely nothing, so why reply?

To say

and..... water is wet

Water is not wet , the surface that is touches becomes wet ; there is a difference .

Those discern well , learn well .

In my experience those who want to debunk the curvature are not really about Science but reinforcing a Dogma .

My pleasure , as always .

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

In my experience those who want to debunk the curvature are not really about Science but reinforcing a Dogma .

In my experience

replying to questions with nonsense that has nothing to do with the questions asked is delusional or simply an egotistical side step of the question.

You shouldn't have replied but you had to reply telling me what science is yet not addressing anything, not one thing.

Hence your ego dictating need to have the last word, delusional because that last word has no relevance to what was asked.

You shouldn't have given the impression you want discussion by answering other questions which one of these answers you gave was what lead me to ask mine.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

In my experience

replying to questions with nonsense that has nothing to do with the questions asked is delusional or simply an egotistical side step of the question.

You shouldn't have replied but you had to reply telling me what science is yet not addressing anything, not one thing.

Hence your ego dictating need to have the last word, delusional because that last word has no relevance to what was asked.

You shouldn't have given the impression you want discussion by answering other questions which one of these answers you gave was what lead me to ask mine.

None of this changes the fact that you have never saw the curve either .

You believe that you are living on a spinning [mostly] waterball .

I know that i don't live on a spinning waterball .

Anyhow , go in peace with your beliefs .

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Your dodging questions based on what you posted doesn't change the fact that I have never seen the curve?

I guess you must know me and then know that lying is frowned upon here.

Or

a big OR

You have no clue what you talking about concerning what I have and haven't seen which further strengthens the delusional stance I think you possess.

You either speak for others on what they have and haven't seen and reply to question by blabbering on about something else.

Class act

You believe that you are living on a spinning [mostly] waterball . I know that i don't live on a spinning waterball .

WOW,

now you are telling what I believe in.

Thanks for the discussion or back forth with no meaning other than to expose yourself, however I was trying to discuss your answers to questions posed in this thread,

you seem to want define what science is and tell others their beliefs and experiences.

Please read and don't prove another point of mine correct.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

What an utter and total tosh !!!

You think I need to know you in order to be able to tell whether you saw the curve or not ?

It's ok , you can admit or not ; either case it's no bother to me .

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

In my experience

"Spinning waterball"?
Yeah. Right. Either physics is a completely closed book to you or you are trolling us all again. I know what my guess is.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

In my experience

"Spinning waterball"?
Yeah. Right. Either physics is a completely closed book to you or you are trolling us all again. I know what my guess is.

you think this is about me ?

ok .

edit on 1-2-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
** ATTENTION ALL **

Please remember to play the ball, not the player.

Don't be baited. Stay on topic.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here is an offer for the reader of this thread ;

I will get you a footage from 40000ft showing all the view and all the horizon you can see .

I'll ask my nephew who flies regularly to take video of the horizon .

Footages will all show no curve .

When that happens , will you wonder why ships disappear over the horizon but at 40000 tf horizon is flat ?

Let's get you all to focus on the contradiction in knowledge and observation .

Maybe this simulated mind trauma i.e thinking that ships disappear over the horizon behind the curve of the Earth and witnessing flat horizon at 40000 ft might trigger some vectorail thinking.

This is my attempt to lively up the debate a bit .

What would you do if you were in the cockpit ?

You looked out and saw no curve ; what is your next move , your next thought .

What experiment would you conduct to prove yourself you can see the curve ?

Is it possible that you may be having Split Mind experience ? You know your subconcious mind is protecting you from accepting the existence of Contradiction between Knowledge and Observation .

Is it possible Pied Piper is still playing the tune ?

edit on 1-2-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join