It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony PlayStation 4 VR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looking to possibly buy a vr bundle for the playstation 4 for my son. He is not a big gamer but he might enjoy it.

Is it worth it, are their enough games for it, is it more of a novelty than anything?

any recommended bundles to get or avoid?

I heard the earlier vr release for the sony was a pain to use and you had to physically swap cables each time you wanted to use it. Is that true, if it is has that been fixed and if so what version should I look out for?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Honestly, I was an Xbox guy till last week.
A member here posted about it.
So I went out and bought a PS4 and a VR Skyrim bundle.... on my wife's bday.
Cost around $1000 all in. But ohhh so worth it.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

They updated the chip so you don't have to unplug it everytime, but that was in October for japan. Not sure if it's in other regions yet.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The only downfall was that it was on my wife's bday, so I had to buy her something big.
It was a very expensive day.
But as far as the system goes, I'll probably never buy a game for the PS4 unless it's for the VR, I still love my Xbox.
Next game I'm grabbing is the resident evil VR game.
I'll just run through it then get back into Skyrim.
If Skyrim was the only game available for it, it would still be worth every penny
edit on 27-11-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Looking to possibly buy a vr bundle for the playstation 4 for my son. He is not a big gamer but he might enjoy it.

Sound like "Dad" needs a scapegoat lol

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I will have to check out the skyrim package. do you have to physically swap hdmi cables for it to work?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

haha, i was going to ask you about how did you pull that off on the wife bday

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You know how I pulled it off ? I started a fight with my wife ,she stressed out and bought shoes so I could buy my head gear as redemption

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Thanks, I will have to look into that.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

You know how I pulled it off ? I started a fight with my wife ,she stressed out and bought shoes so I could buy my head gear as redemption

Brilliant!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

SHhh, actually mom is pushing more for it. I think he will use it for about a month and then forget about it.

We aren't much of gamers and neither is he, but the vr does look fun. I'm actually pushing more for the HTC vive or Oculus due to the better graphics and when he is done with it I could use it to prototype some app development on it., mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha

however, the PS4 vr looks like it might be a good alternative since I wouldn't have to spend money on buying a new hefty laptop or let him use my work laptop.

Is the oculus or htc have a better selection of games and experience?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I put one of those Very Real headsets on once. (It was a friend's and he said "Wanna take a look?")

I damn near ran through a wall I couldn't see and jumped off the balcony.
edit on 27/11/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

LMAO, I will make a note to leave the toilet seat up everyday in December.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Only that it took me three fights before she bought the d@mn shoes..

Wow mom wants Vr more than dad ,that's awesome
I have to say it's a great experience and it may hold the future for all kinds of things , like movies games and stuff like that. If I could patiently wait longer I would have waited to see if the new xbox 4k would come with a head gear also on 4 k because I now can see that the sharpness isn't always that good seeing pixels and things like that. But it's still amazing technology

But seriously for a sec I've read in the discription that minors under twelve are at risk with these things , just saying. Forget that last deleted part of
Men's talk.. lol
edit on 0b20America/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2017 18:58:20 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2017 18:58:20 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

SHhh, actually mom is pushing more for it. I think he will use it for about a month and then forget about it.

We aren't much of gamers and neither is he, but the vr does look fun. I'm actually pushing more for the HTC vive or Oculus due to the better graphics and when he is done with it I could use it to prototype some app development on it., mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha

however, the PS4 vr looks like it might be a good alternative since I wouldn't have to spend money on buying a new hefty laptop or let him use my work laptop.

I was looking into buying a vr set a few months back and the Oculus was the one that really stood out for me as I recall. I was looking into possibly buying a refurbished one or a lot or new one off Amazon

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I was an Xbox guy until I found out about Skyrim coming out for the PSVR. Xbox hasn't even begun designing their VR headset. They seem to think VR isn't going anywhere. Looking at the Xbox exclusive games, there aren't really any. So jokes on them, I I am saving up to buy a PS4, PSVR, camera, 2 move controllers, and Skyrim VR. I am buying piece by piece, it should be here by January.

Some good VR games are Doom VFR, Skyrim VR, Resident Evil 7 VR...

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Xbox will be pushing the oculous (sp) soon.

I've always though Playstation was better for graphics and exclusives... But Xbox live beats the breaks off of Playstation's multi-player platform.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I got the PS4 pro and the VR last year. It is amazing for the price compared the the others. Not sure what you have to change with the cords? I just power off the headset and the screen goes back to TV mode. The novelty lasts a few months but great when friends drop by. Its always fun watching people scream playing horror games.
Problems I found with it is the headset cords. cordless would be nice and the headphone jack is in a weak spot and if damaged could be difficult to repair.
Pros I find are its comfortable to wear and clear screen. Motion has no lagging. Even if you don't game much there is experiences that are fun. You can watch youtube VR with a few free downloads.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

They seem to think VR isn't going anywhere

Than they will lose this battle tremendously if they don't review their statements.

I think they say that because they hadn't any room left for inbuilt VR capabilities and because there's isn't a VR system that support real 4k on the market yet they starting to justify their new console imo
edit on 0b58America/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2017 19:04:58 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2017 19:04:58 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I've got the Oculus rift and from my point of view a great pice of technology for gaming and virtual movie theaters.

The only thing I wasn't aware of, before I bought the oculus was that it needs a powerful gaming pc with graphics card.

My configuration is :
The latest I5
Nvidia 1070 graphics card
Lots of memory
Six USB 3.0 ports but it uses three of them

But it runs more easily on a latest I7
With a nvidia 1080 gtx or radion with
SSD 250 gb or higher or normal 1000 GB hd

I don't have the oculus touch but those will be in my possession soon because I've. Heard great things about those things.

I think the vive needs similar computer power to operate clearly

What I like about the oculus ,is the user interface and all the games that you can download for free also some games that steam uses are for free .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join