It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
BAHAHAHAHA!

So... how long until the sexual abuse scandal breaks, Keith? You ain't fooling anyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hey now, transracial is considered a real thing in (current year). Makes me wonder what level of insanity progressives are actually progressing to.

edit on 28-11-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
something goofed. ignore
edit on 28/11/2017 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So what's next is trump going to start calling Rachel Dolezol "Aunt Jemima" ?? Cultural appropriation? Is trump getting upset over cultural appropriation? Is he turning into a virtue signaling sjw?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Is Aunt Jemima the most famous black woman of all time all of the sudden?

No wonder Michelle Obama ordered her off the school menu's, shes player hater!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
So what's next is trump going to start calling Rachel Dolezol "Aunt Jemima" ??

Honestly... that would be hilarious. Good one

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: FlyingFox

By raising the issue he forces it into the public's mind what a liar Warren is.

... by removing the entire point of what the Navajo war veterans' honouring ceremony was supposed to be about: them.

Not donny's cheap political shots.
Not Warren's political crap.

It was supposed to be about them. The Navajos.

But Donny couldn't handle not jumping at the opportunity to play the infant through one whole ceremony and redirect the spotlight back onto himself just one eeny weeny teeny quick minute.

Yessiree.

Just like these Navajos, Trump is very very special too... but in a very very special and different kind of way.

They were at the White House weren't they?

They've had movies made about them and no one under 50 hasn't heard about them and what they did for the USA in WW1 and 2. I'm talking about all the Code Talkers.

Kelly nixed the TeePee and peace pipe, tho. Lol, that's our Donald!

They all have been recognized already. Any that haven't is not really Trumps fault.

The Navajo code talkers received no recognition until the declassification of the operation in 1968.[37] In 1982, the code talkers were given a Certificate of Recognition by U.S. President Ronald Reagan, who also named August 14, 1982 as "Navajo Code Talkers Day".[38]

[39] On December 21, 2000 the U.S. Congress passed, and President Bill Clinton signed, Public Law 106-554, 114 Statute 2763, which awarded the Congressional Gold Medal to the original twenty-nine World War II Navajo code talkers, and Silver Medals to each person who qualified as a Navajo code talker (approximately 300).

In July 2001, U.S. President George W. Bush personally presented the Medal to four surviving original code talkers (the fifth living original code talker was not able to attend) at a ceremony held in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C. Gold medals were presented to the families of the deceased 24 original code talkers.[40][41] On September 17, 2007, 18 Choctaw code talkers were posthumously awarded the Texas Medal of Valor from the Adjutant General of the State of Texas for their World War II service.

[42] On November 15, 2008, The Code Talkers Recognition Act of 2008 (Public Law 110-420), was signed into law by President George W. Bush, which recognizes every Native American code talker who served in the United States military during WWI or WWII (with the exception of the already-awarded Navajo) with a Congressional Gold Medal, designed as distinct for each tribe, with silver duplicates awarded to the individual code talkers or their next-of-kin.[43]

As of 2013, 33 tribes have been identified and were honored at a ceremony at Emancipation Hall at the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center. One surviving code talker was present, Edmond Harjo.[44]

en.wikipedia.org...-war_recognition

I told my wife we should do that ancestry DNA test, to see how much Native American or 1st Nation I have and how strong a chinese pedigree she has.

I bet I have more than Lizz.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Please explain how he margionalized native americans they were instrumental in WW2,brought many skills with them,but liberals are all about erasing the past,I am too part native american,only time liberals are interested in Native Americans,when they can use them to exploit their new cause

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

hahaha, a different achievement of blackness .........I have to hand it to them. They could be lawyers. What is the definition of being black? So, simply call it a different achievement of blackness.

I have to wonder if they would call Ratko Mladic's behavior in Srebrenica: a different achievement of humanism .... with such idea .... what is morally sound? it is just simply a different achievement.

Puke.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

winner winner

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm a 22+ years combat veteran and Native American...thought it was funny, but then again... we're not hyperoffended Snowflakes. #chiefsitswithafullhouse
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Please explain how he margionalized native americans they were instrumental in WW2,brought many skills with them,but liberals are all about erasing the past,I am too part native american,only time liberals are interested in Native Americans,when they can use them to exploit their new cause

Your hypocrisy never ceases to amaze, I'll give you that much. There's nothing like using a strawman analogy to prop up the goal posts after you move them half way down the field. The only person who was in the position of exploiting in this instance is your lord and savior, Donny.

See, lord trump is such an ignorant buffoon that he chose to honor these gentlemen while standing beneath a portrait of Andrew Jackson whose big pre-presidency claim to fame was the wanton slaughter and torture of the men, women, children, infants and the elderly if several tribes on the "Trail of Tears". Have you heard of it? It's a huge blight in American history.

Or do you think that it's perfectly fine for the nearly illiterate ignoramous in chief being too stupid to understand why such a move is beyond insensitive? He's not a liberal so he gets a free pass on everything apparently because instead if articulating a cohesive argument, all you do in every thread and every reply you post is rant about liberals and then shuffle off to see if they're having Jello or key lime pie for desert at the senior center tonight.

Then to add insult to injury, instead of properly honoring these gentlemen for their critical, vital contributions to defeating the Japanese war machine, he pauses to mock Sen. Warren. Why couldn't he just honor them properly and act like a president for 5 whole minutes in a row? It's disrespectful to them. He's an infant in a poorly tailored suit with an over inflated sense of self importance. Go ahead, talk S# about her all he wants on his time. That was their time, not trumps. He could have sent an unintelligible teeet afterward. He didn't need to politicize this event like an infant. Supporting that type of behavior speaks volumes about your character as much as perpetrating the act does on Trump's lack there's.

But hey... F the liberals right? Screw everything else!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

so he still wont do what you want him to do?

shocking....

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Do you think actual Native Americans appreciate a shill like Elizabeth Warren pretending to be of Native American heritage? Don't kid yourself.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Arnie123
Damn I love this President, good on calling out the fakes.

But not at an event for others. Now everyone is talking about Trump and Pelosi. Not the Navajo.

Wait...is that what this is all about? That Trump said something that people cannot help themselves but to talk about, and its his fault that they cannot stop, and instead focus on the topic of the event?

Do you not see how far off that is?

Trump says crazy, offensive stuff. Im not sure why, at this point, people are all that shocked by it. But you cannot blame Trump for millions of other people like yourself choosing to focus on his comments rather than the Navajo.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So what you are saying is that we should normalize his behavior and accept it since it won't change?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So what you are saying is that we should normalize his behavior and accept it since it won't change?

Are you saying you are going to spend the next 7 years in this constant state of political anxiety just because the stuff we know he will say is actually said?

Your question is kind of dangerous, to be honest. We have normalized far, far worse behavior in our politicians. Why is Trumps abrasiveness really worthy of distinction in a world where our entire legislative branch has been accused of various sexual crimes? Dudes got some words you don't like...and your hair bursts into flames.

Honestly, I don't like Trump. But watching the response of "The Resistance" types makes having him in office worth its comedic value.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

BTW, nowhere did I say that. You are putting words in my mouth, and doing a terrible job of it. Don't pretend like you didn't understand me. Your question was an intellectually dishonest jab to try to frame my response in a way that you can work on.

Bottom line: if anyone is upset that the topic of discussion is Trumps comments and not the Navajos, they can blame themselves for choosing to make that the topic. In the old days, we ignored the mutterings of maniacal assholes. I guess you kids nowadays just can't help yourselves....but don't blame the maniacal asshole for your choice in conversation.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

First off. I asked a question. You chose to get offended by it's suggestion. All you had to do was say no and move on.

Second off. Donald Trump is the President of the United States. Pretty much everything he does or says makes the news. This is a function of the President that has existed LONG before he took office. Expecting that to change just because he acts like a child is ridiculous. Furthermore, ignoring the President of the United States is also a bad idea, lest he ACTUALLY say something important. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. In other words, more people need to be standing up and holding Trump accountable for his words. Those people are fence sitters and his supporters.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join