It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Hes currently in Bali causing a volcano, Mount Agung. to erupt just to annoy all those foreigners.

edit on 27-11-2017 by Tulpa because: Ooops

edit on 27-11-2017 by Tulpa because: Its late

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
trump is the drunk senile uncle at the holidays who blurts out the rudest non pc things one can think of yet everyone sticks up for his behavior "oh he really is a nice guy he has just had too much to drink, he's not racist or anything" lol

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Have conservatives/Trump supporters decided what Native Americans are allowed to be offended by? I mean that is their usual play, they decide for a group what is offensive and what isn't.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefTruth

Some Cherokee thoughts on Warren..

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Trump treated those men like they weren't there in that comment, his disposition towards them was like they were of another order of the species. It was racist.

He wasn't even aware of it at the time that that's what he was doing.

Pretty sad for a President, but, at least it was authentically bad and pathetic.

I like this one, says Trump, patting the guy the on the shoulder. That's the way it presented.

He just looks for stuff to say and it this one didn't land.

But it's not the end of the world the way Don Lemon makes it out to be.

It has Trump's fundamental ignorance written all over it.

The conclusion. Trump isn't too bright.

That said, he's not a satanist and he's TRYING and you can't ask for much more than that around Christmas.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefTruth
Have conservatives/Trump supporters decided what Native Americans are allowed to be offended by? I mean that is their usual play, they decide for a group what is offensive and what isn't.

Sooooo..what did they say about it?

Were they offended or was it just the empaths on the left being offended for them, again?

Pokahauntress needs to

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Sooooo..what did they say about it?

Were they offended or was it just the empaths on the left being offended for them, again?

Pokahauntress needs to

I bet they laugh their butts off, it was funny calling out some stupid white ass that went to Harvard on her Indian scholarship. How can any of you talk about Trump and not blink an eye to this stupid sh@t...

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Native American groups denounce Trump's 'Pocahontas' comment

"The name becomes a derogatory racial reference when used as an insult," Dr. J.R. Norwood, the general secretary of the Alliance of Colonial Era Tribes, said in a statement. "American Indian names, whether they be historic or contemporary, are not meant to be used as insults. To do so is to reduce them to racial slurs." Russell Begaye, president of the Navajo Nation, said that "in this day and age, all tribal nations still battle insensitive references to our people. The prejudice that Native American people face is an unfortunate historical legacy."

Native American group: Trump ‘Pocahontas’ line ‘smacks of racism'

Norwood said Trump should “stop using our historical people of significance as a racial slur against one of his opponents.”

Native Americans respond to Trump's Pocahontas comment

"We regret that the President's use of the name Pocahontas as a slur to insult a political adversary is overshadowing the true purpose of today's White House ceremony," stated NCAI President Jefferson Keel, a decorated U.S. Army officer and Vietnam War combat veteran. "Today was about recognizing the remarkable courage and invaluable contributions of our Native code talkers. That's who we honor today and everyday -- the three code talkers present at the White House representing the 10 other elderly living code talkers who were unable to join them, and the hundreds of other code talkers from the Cherokee, Choctaw, Comanche, Lakota, Meskwaki, Mohawk, Navajo, Tlingit, and other tribes who served during World Wars I and II."

So are you going to be like Sarah Huckabee and decide what is a racial slur to Native Americans and what isn't?

Also where are all these people who were offended by players taking a knee, Trump disrespected these Vets, yet those people are quiet.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

... donald taking a political cheap shot during a war veterans' honouring ceremony

... while two 90+ year old war heroes stand there looking blank-faced

And just to make sure donny's juvenile poops and giggles continue well into next week's tabloid headlines too:

A portrait of the guy responsible for the Trail of Tears watches the entire debacle in the background.

How very very... speshul.

Keeping it classy as always donnyboy.
Keeping it classy.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: xuenchen

This latest vid nails what we see in how the MSM covers Trump and his Tweets

Oh, they got the guy to explain the difference between the editorial side of the paper and the news side? SCANDAL!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
By raising the issue he forces it into the public's mind what a liar Warren is.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

By raising the issue he forces it into the public's mind what a liar Warren is.

... by removing the entire point of what the Navajo war veterans' honouring ceremony was supposed to be about: them.

Not donny's cheap political shots.
Not Warren's political crap.

It was supposed to be about them. The Navajos.

But Donny couldn't handle not jumping at the opportunity to play the infant through one whole ceremony and redirect the spotlight back onto himself just one eeny weeny teeny quick minute.

Yessiree.

Just like these Navajos, Trump is very very special too... but in a very very special and different kind of way.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Was that the goddamn place to do it?..FFS
edit on 27-11-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Yvhmer

And is anyone talking about what Trump said? No. Because he decided to throw an insult at Warren. That was my point. Did you not read my comment? I don't think you did.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Regnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

He didn't remove the point. You did and others like the hyperbolic ranting msm that made a Big Deal out of a little blurb. Oh my goodness!

Everything that he said was erased by you humorless nut jobs because of 20 words said in jest.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
some facts about elizabeth warren, since i'm seeing a lot of hyperbole and baseless assertions.

www.cnn.com...

and just for the record, if the best you can come up with to call someone in her situation is 'pocohantas' then you are just demonstrating how ignorant you are of anything to do with native culture. kinda like if a black man calls you out and you say he's like don king without the hair. shows a real lack of breadth of knowledge.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Native American group: Trump ‘Pocahontas’ line ‘smacks of racism'

Does that mean that Native American's hate Pocahontas?

I mean if I was a fake asshat like Warren, and an [insert racial minority person type here] called me "Benedict Arnold" for my behavior, the last thing that would ever ever ever come to mind is it was a "racial slur".

It was in bad taste no less, so perhaps they just lacked a better buzzword for it there. Then again I've been gathering that many of the individuals you actually hear these days sound an awful lot like properly instructed SJW's (I mean their words SJW Language verbatim).

But cmon its not like Pewdiepie's bad Jew joke that got him into trouble, and even that case could be argued as extremely bad joke with abysmal execution.

Note that here it WAS certanly a racial joke in that case, but if something is genuinely meant to be a joke then special rules apply to these situations. Unless that is you're an Proper SJW, whom are out actively trying to ban comedians to such a degree the likes of Bill Maher (liberal jew), Jerry Seinfeld (jew) & Chris Rock (black) are all leading outspoken critics of their social disaster that is the PC Religion.
edit on 28-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Without using the Google, How many famous native american heroines are there that, well, anybody and everybody could hear the name and immediately get its a native american character reference? Pocahontas hell half the world probably seen the Disney movie, and since our political circus is all the worlds to see, what other name would there be?

And now that I'm checking her out in this context, finally, I could see where to natives she'd easily come off as a Benedict Arnold type character, meaning its usage applied to fake ass Warren some could argue was brilliant.

But then there's people whom have no sense of humor, are hyper-sensitive to humor that in any workplace I've been in jokes likes these would be bonding rituals, and in this equation 100% of the outrage is up to the native americans NOT virtue singaling upper class "white privileged" millennial minded dooshbags.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
and in this equation 100% of the outrage is up to the native americans NOT virtue singaling upper class "white privileged" millennial minded dooshbags.

white people have the responsibility to call out our own. but if it makes you feel better, my native friend is just as pissed

ETA: she says it was disrespectful to the code talkers, disrespectful to lump all the tribes together, and disrespectful to an ancestor to use her name as an insult. so there ya go.
edit on 28-11-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I'm sure all your friends all said the same thing.

Now about you not cherry pick outt the easiest sliver of my post there to respond to.
edit on 28-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join