It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Here's the problem for me, everyone is talking about the Pocahontas thing instead of what it should be talked about: honoring the Navajo veterans. Trump can't go one event without throwing mud at someone, putting someone down, or bragging about himself.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And you think that was the right place and time? what a dishonourable douche, all the money he has but he still can't buy class.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am now thoroughly convinced that Trump is high as a kite.

He must be making runs to Colorado to get some high grade Kryptonite.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I would have thought Liz should have been at the ceremony !!

Oh..why? what in the f did any of this have to do with her?
You guys are pretty pathetic.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I am now thoroughly convinced that Trump is high as a kite.

That's his highly inflated ego.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Come to think of it Warren could just be the type to run the country properly out of many of the many ex-incumbents...and those who never made it.

Well, as you have proven with that entire post, there are people in this country who will listen to her lies and swear they're obviously the truth... so I understand where you are coming from here. A POTUS Elizabeth Warren would only have to say "I'm doing a great job as POTUS" and she'd have a large group lined up behind her nodding and saying "Yup! Yup! She said it, she's good."

I don't care what Trump, or anyone else calls the woman. "Pocahontas" is a creative slag against her, hell, may as well call her Saccagawea for all I care. White, Indian, or other the woman is a bonafide idiot who has zero business in government. That said, I did enjoy watching her fume when the Senate censured her earlier this year for making an ass off herself multiple times in session. You could see the smoke spewing out of her ears, signaling all around her that she was royally pissed off that her childish behavior had led to her being openly treated like a child.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
He made a remark at a code talkers event honoring Native Americans.

'Pocahontas' is code for liar-faker-cheater.

He simply said, "You're very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here. Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas...."

Big deal. He made a little dig at the liar-faker-cheater.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: smurfy

I think you are misreading my intent, don't you? Trump was wrong, Warren was also wrong in doing what he pointed out.

Do you think it's OK for anyone, not just Warren, to do that? Why?

It was dishonest, do you prefer dishonest people in the government? Why?

It would seem your support of Warren has you misjudging what people say, due to your own political bias.

Should not any special considerations a school gives at least be reserved for people who really are Native American? If not, why? "Great, great, great" is "part". Come on, Warren is not a Native American. She just got caught.

You are not getting it, Trump was wrong in any which way since he is so ignorant, while as far as Warren is concerned, it was you who actually took the political way from out of some politician who 'suggested' that Warren was falsely taking advantage, while there is no proof of that at all, when you said she pretended.
I don't have a political bias, I just observe the way people go about things, and this subject just happens to be in the realm of politics because of Trump and nobody else.
As for the truth of what Warren says...has anyone here gone into depth about it, I don't see it?

Even scientists disagree on what a native American is even with all the tech they have, and even with new discoveries that have been found....the goalposts just keep changing.
Even as myself being a baby boomer, much of what I was taught in school was a load of tosh, it wasn't then though, but it wasn't so long either until I learned that much of it topical tosh...yesterday's tosh, nothing stands still, and there's a long way to go.
So, in my mind, as I tried to explain earlier, it's better to just take out the politics altogether, and realise that Trump was really just using his guests as an attempt to call someone out...in his mind that is.

Dammit, it could be a huge faux pas if today's native Americans turned out to be cousins of Putin X-times removed from Siberia. oops!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He made a remark at a code talkers event honoring Native Americans.

'Pocahontas' is code for liar-faker-cheater.

He simply said, "You're very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here. Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas...."

Big deal. He made a little dig at the liar-faker-cheater.

I do believe you belong in room 101, the people of Standing Rock might just agree with me.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

OK, Trump bad Warren good. Me I think it's Trump bad Warren bad.

LINK

By Stephanie Ebbert Globe Staff May 02, 2012

US Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren said on Wednesday that she listed herself as a minority in directories of law professors in the hopes of networking with other “people like me” — meaning those with Native American roots.

Asked whether she considers herself to be a minority, the Democrat said, “Native American is part of my family. It’s an important part of my heritage.”

She admitted to listing herself as a minority in the law directory. It could have been innocent, but only if she were not smart enough to realize it gave her an advantage. I don't think she's that dumb to be honest. It happened, but then nobody can get in her head.

Personally, I would not vote for either of them, Trump or Warren.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you actually enjoying Trump marginalize all Native Americans into one group at an event meant to honor them? Are you aware that neither Pocahontas nor Elizabeth Warren are Navajos and that the Navajos are WORLDS different than the Tsenacommacah (Pocahontas' tribe) or Cherokee (Warren's alleged tribe ancestry)?

Why don't you get up and go slap those veterans in the face why you are at it? But hey, he's making fun of Democrats, so what he said MUST be good. Right?

Let’s just go with the tried and true ‘racist!’ shall we? What Trump said was racist!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Must be a UK reference to something I'm not familiar with. Meh...it doesn't matter whether we agree or not. There is always some group waiting in the wings to get offended about any and everything. They live for it.

His reference was benign, imo. It was a code word. A little light-hearted reference to a liar-faker-cheater claiming to be "one of them", yet her honor is questionable at best.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Regnor

Listen to the whole thing.

1. Trump promised to help them built their museum.
2. He rescinded the use of his scripted talk and spoke from the heart.
3. he honored them in words
4. the pocahontas references was meant to show contrast. These people are in Trump estimation special people for their bravery that elicits Trumps affection. And in typical Trump fashion, not bad.

Really, for all you foul criers: you should cut your current president a little bit more slack and credit. And before jumping on any wagon: first consider the whole event before you crucify someone else. How revolting you comport yourself, yet again: misinformed through ignorance (not nescience), and trigger happy! A real enlightened mob!

edit on 27-11-2017 by Yvhmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Don't want to be mocked for lying and calling yourself a minority?
Don't lie and call yourself a minority when you are not one.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Rachal Maddow just called Trump a racist...lol. Reverse racism..sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Whoa..I haven't seen you in years. How you been??

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sylent6

peachy
better than ole Pocahontas

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Obama had that mastered!a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Yvhmer

And before jumping on any wagon: first consider the whole event before you crucify someone else.

Yea that's not likely to ever happen with the Never-Trump crowd.

Case in point, remember how he murdered all the koi fish and disgraced us in front of the Japanese PM?

Facts and reality do not exist when it comes to an opportunity to Trump-bash.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm offended because Trump yet again insulted veterans to score cheap political points. I'm not Native either, so I can't sympathize with that angle fully, but damn I'm at least be perturbed that Trump thinks that all Natives are the same people.

I don't think they need you to be offended or perturbed for them.

Sheesh.

I'm sure if they felt the way you and others do about Trump, they'd have knelt or not shown up at all?

edit on 27-11-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join