It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
troll in chief

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This is just sad. What makes it even sadder is that Warren really did pretend to be a Native American to get special treatment. In this case both sides are an embarrassment. Tweedledee talking about Tweedledum. The soap opera continues.

You have no proof of pretence, on the other hand Warren's history did have a little documentation found by New England Historic Genealogical Society that did mention a great, great, great, grandmother of hers as part Cherokee, but it was a scribe, a letter of some kind. That an official document was not found by the society was no surprise to the society however. That I can understand fully, I'm English while my mother was Irish and father English. My Mother's family go back a long way, and the stories passed on through generations was their origin being Spanish while I look no more Spanish than the Man on the Moon. The chances of proving their stories are Zilch.

So, you just want to be glib and say someone pretended, while the reality is you haven't a notion, except what some politico postulated about for political gain, because they wouldn't have a notion either in matters like that.

You might have even mentioned the whole story, not your take on it....fishwives tittle-tattle.

Come to think of it Warren could just be the type to run the country properly out of many of the many ex-incumbents...and those who never made it.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you actually enjoying Trump marginalize all Native Americans into one group at an event meant to honor them? Are you aware that neither Pocahontas nor Elizabeth Warren are Navajos and that the Navajos are WORLDS different than the Tsenacommacah (Pocahontas' tribe) or Cherokee (Warren's alleged tribe ancestry)?

Why don't you get up and go slap those veterans in the face why you are at it? But hey, he's making fun of Democrats, so what he said MUST be good. Right?

What's ironic is that the native elders at the event were laughing and smiling about the joke, and the ones who are completely outraged and offended (on behalf of someone else, of course) are rich white entitled Democrats.

/shrug

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Errr
Dunno what happened there but I was agreeing.

I watched the whole thing and it was nothing at all to get flustered about.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Tulpa because: Phone having mad half hour!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

All she had to do was get a DNA test.

But she never did (or at least never told anybody she was not Cherokee).

If she had a test and was part Cherokee, she would have made a splash on the Media quickly.

No cigar.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lol a racial slur. She does not look Indian to me.. Hmmm. He man have a point...

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

What a child... wasn’t Pocahontas basiclly kidnapped and raped???

I can’t remember much of the story , but I don’t believe it was a love story..

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Trump easily turns them into cartoon characters with a Tweet or 2.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here is the issue. Trump calls her Pocahontas as an insult. So if there was no ill will towards Native Americans then why continually use this word as an insult?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What's really sad is this is probably Trump actually trying to relate to someone. He's just so removed from any and everything his closest frame of reference to anything Native American is when he made fun of Elizabeth Warren.

Truly the drunk uncle at the BBQ.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But just like the op, he's making fun of Democrats, so it's all good.

I'm pretty sure he was making fun of Elizabeth Warren.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

During the 60's there were a lot of people who dodged the draft,
A lot of those US draft dodgers moved to Canada and are Liberal ...weird bunch .

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefTruth
Here is the issue. Trump calls her Pocahontas as an insult. So if there was no ill will towards Native Americans then why continually use this word as an insult?

Nce strawman

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If I had a son, he'd look like Elizabeth Warren.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Get out of here with your petty race card demagoguery.

Now no doubt mentioning his what is she rival, more or less interjecting his story into the affair, was in bad taste.

But the whole Pocahontas thing was him slapping her with a nickname to crack on her poor taste in her Stolen Valor esque claim that she's a native american herself; never letting her live it down. For that your SJW umbrella should have had you backing him up with that.

www.theatlantic.com...

Pointing out the negligence and LACK of class is "race card demagoguery"?

Quit virtue signaling, please.

edit on 27-11-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think you are misreading my intent, don't you? Trump was wrong, Warren was also wrong in doing what he pointed out.

Do you think it's OK for anyone, not just Warren, to do that? Why?

It was dishonest, do you prefer dishonest people in the government? Why?

It would seem your support of Warren has you misjudging what people say, due to your own political bias.

Should not any special considerations a school gives at least be reserved for people who really are Native American? If not, why? "Great, great, great" is "part". Come on, Warren is not a Native American. She just got caught.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
FWIW Each tribe declares what degree of blood they accept as tribal members.

Chickasaw Choctaw both allow up to 1/256th. Thats .3 percent degree of blood and they still have the same rights to tribal assistance/rights as a full blood.

Apparently this isnt uncommon for the better-off tribes

The tribes here are using 1/8th still I think to be considered a member of their tribe. No benefits below a quarter. They aren't rich though, they do not have much money to go around even with the ones above a quarter NA

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This latest vid nails what we see in how the MSM covers Trump and his Tweets

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This is just sad. What makes it even sadder is that Warren really did pretend to be a Native American to get special treatment. In this case both sides are an embarrassment. Tweedledee talking about Tweedledum. The soap opera continues.

I agree. I feel that Warren should be ashamed of herself and I think Trump should not have brought this up at all at that event. The two older Indians did not have an issue with what was said and I bet that not many native Americans would have thought this was an issue. Till the Media blew it all up and is trying to fire up Native Americans against the Republicans. This kind of behavior by these liberal do gooders that fires up people unjustly should not be allowed to happen in society. Our people should regulate this, not the government, demanding for the whole truth, not someone's spin on things.

Trump really shouldn't open his mouth, he seems to put his foot in it all the time because he has such a big mouth. But this is no excuse for the press to be twisting things to show something opposite of the intended action.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Newsflash: Trump has no tact.

Rebuttal: Democrats, as a party, throw all native nations in together when it suits them and only point out that they arent al the same when they want to roast somebody. So, im not moved by this sudden attention to detail used to push a narrative.
edit on 27-11-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join