It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
He wasnt attempting to mock them, but it was stupid. Im really not sure how you go into an event to honor the Navajo Code Talkers thinking "hahaha Elizabeth Warren is pochahantas" which seems to be basically his line of thinking here. I dont think so many Native Americans would be so much offended by it, as they would just be thinking "what is wrong with that guy"

That, and most Native Americans are stuck dealing with the never ending poverty cycle the Democrats have locked them into...like they have most of the poor in the US....

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: muzzleflash

It doesn't matter. As the prez one would think he could come up with something simple like, "A noble people. Deserving of America's respect." That was just off the top of my head. But instead he delivers a BS partisan shot. Nothing to do with the Navajo.

Aren't all peoples noble though? Shouldn't we respect everyone?

I'm not comfortable treating Navajos like they are some special group or interest, though I think it's great to learn and appreciate people's heritages I don't see any valid reasons for treating them differently or speaking to them differently.

I believe in treating and speaking to everyone pretty much the same and to be inclusive.

To me they are just Americans and they are Vets.
Speaking of, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is coming up in a little over a week.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Arnie123
Damn I love this President, good on calling out the fakes.

But not at an event for others. Now everyone is talking about Trump and Pelosi. Not the Navajo.

Seems more like his antics just got them national coverage.

For being mocked. Contrary to the saying not all news is good news.
Excuse me, what was mocked other then what needed to be called out in regards to Warren?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Man I sear if a thread came up entitled "Trump Strangles Infant" some would defend it. And/or deflect by saying Obama droned people. Logic has left the building.

I'm not sure logic was ever in the building where politics is concerned. It's easy to see how both sides have gotten away with so much crap over the years. Rah, rah sis boom bah, hand out the pom pom's.

Partisanship causes the adherents to do "The Wave" at everyone on the other team.

And its generally The Bird thats getting waved.
edit on 27-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Man I sear if a thread came up entitled "Trump Strangles Infant" some would defend it. And/or deflect by saying Obama droned people. Logic has left the building.
No, now you're just unhinged. Nobody would defend any baby strangler.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Except for Planned Parenthood!
We all know who defends them!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Trump the draft dodger doesn't even belong in the same room with real heroes that served.
edit on 27-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Forget the clip.
It seemed to me like they had a great time and enjoyed a proud moment to remember.
They weren't offended.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How utterly cringeworthy. What an idiot!

So glad I'm not an American.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would have thought Liz should have been at the ceremony !!

She could have set the record straight with her DNA test results.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Except for Planned Parenthood!
We all know who defends them!
ARGH!!! You got me...

Totally forgot about THAT.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This is true. I remember when Obama was out winning the day in???? Wait, He wasn't in the service either, nor was Bill, In fact the last time the Democrats had someone that was in the service was Jimmy Carter. That's weird.

During the 60's there were a lot of people who dodged the draft, it's a fact that you/I/everyone just needs to get over. Now if you seem to have some other reason why the PotUS shouldn't have been at the "White House" event, please do tell. You may not like Trump, but here's another fact for you to chew on: He has so far during his first year in office, done more to help us vets then any other PotUS since Reagan. So he may not have served, but at least he treats those of us that did with a level of respect that the prior PotUS didn't.

edit on 27-11-2017 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Yes I agree Liz is cringeworthy.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I think they recently petitioned in Texas to overturn a law prohibiting a certain type of abortion that reaches in and dismembers the fetus even when fairly far along in its term.

If there's a moral and spiritual dimension to these things, it boggles the mind to think about what these types of practices say about modern American society and civilization.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I Hear Tin Lizzy can't Windtalk , that is what she was Actually Upset about .

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Yes I agree Liz is cringeworthy.

This has nothing to do with her and everything to do with Trump's sensitivity or lack thereof. It wasn't funny.

That said, I begrudgingly support him because he's not a satanist and is generally TRYING for the most part to do the right thing.

He's still an idiot lacking in any sort of social grace, tact and diplomacy and is often saying and doing things that are definitely cringeworthy.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'd just like to take a second to refocus everybody back to what the attention should be on.

These three Marines list of battles participated in reads like an all-star list of battles in Marine Corps history: Tinian, Iwo Jima, Guam. Tarawa. Saipan. North China. One survived his landing craft being blown up under him, and then multiple gunshot wounds. One went to Korea and survived Chosin Reservoir. One enlisted at the age of 15.

Despite what some could argue was a gaffe on Trump's part, after watching the entire ceremony I think it is plainly obvious that he was excited to have those men at the White House. And I think those men were excited to be there as well.

Personal politics aside, it was a very cool ceremony.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Despite what some could argue was a gaffe on Trump's part, after watching the entire ceremony I think it is plainly obvious that he was excited to have those men at the White House. And I think those men were excited to be there as well.

Yup.

He doesn't have the capacity for decency, as proved time and again, to honor those men without making an ass of himself by his stupid comments and sophomoric jabs, as usual.

That's the problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

These three Marines list of battles participated in reads like an all-star list of battles in Marine Corps history: Tinian, Iwo Jima, Guam. Tarawa. Saipan. North China. One survived his landing craft being blown up under him, and then multiple gunshot wounds. One went to Korea and survived Chosin Reservoir. One enlisted at the age of 15.

That pales in comparison to political fighting as orchestrated by the media/pundits. The Marines' loyalty and sacrifice is less important than Trump calling Warren Pocahontas and this latest installment is a good snapshot of the way things are...

Create the reality you want to see, call it 'news'

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you actually enjoying Trump marginalize all Native Americans into one group at an event meant to honor them? Are you aware that neither Pocahontas nor Elizabeth Warren are Navajos and that the Navajos are WORLDS different than the Tsenacommacah (Pocahontas' tribe) or Cherokee (Warren's alleged tribe ancestry)?

Why don't you get up and go slap those veterans in the face why you are at it? But hey, he's making fun of Democrats, so what he said MUST be good. Right?

What's ironic is that the native elders at the event were laughing and smiling about the joke, and the ones who are completely outraged and offended (on behalf of someone else, of course) are rich white entitled Democrats.

/shrug

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join