It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You do realize that trump is the one that looked like an idiot ,awkward and creepy on that clip, right?

The timing ,delivery and response was cringe worthy.
edit on 191130America/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2017 15:19:44 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you actually enjoying Trump marginalize all Native Americans into one group at an event meant to honor them? Are you aware that neither Pocahontas nor Elizabeth Warren are Navajos and that the Navajos are WORLDS different than the Tsenacommacah (Pocahontas' tribe) or Cherokee (Warren's alleged tribe ancestry)?

Why don't you get up and go slap those veterans in the face why you are at it? But hey, he's making fun of Democrats, so what he said MUST be good. Right?

Are you aware that each of the 4 palms on my face are from totally different arms????

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This is just sad. What makes it even sadder is that Warren really did pretend to be a Native American to get special treatment. In this case both sides are an embarrassment. Tweedledee talking about Tweedledum. The soap opera continues.

As the people continue to suffer. Who was this event about?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Wow! A meme! Man don't burn out any brain cells with that ctrl+V job. Wouldn't want you to strain that grey matter in your skull or anything with any actual thinking.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm offended because Trump yet again insulted veterans to score cheap political points. I'm not Native either, so I can't sympathize with that angle fully, but damn I'm at least be perturbed that Trump thinks that all Natives are the same people.

How did he insult veterans? By calling out a white lady who tried to exploit the fact that she has like 2% native blood for political gain?

did you read the whole thing you quoted?
did you watch the vid?

then you should know

I know quite a few Native Americans. I don't think they even consider someone with that small percentage of Native blood as Native American. The ones I know are good people, they are not judgemental, but do not like hearing lies about their heritage being spread about.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Again i ask, who will have the courage to stop those evil liberals for making trump say dumb #, pls someone think of the children.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Get out of here with your petty race card demagoguery.

Um. No. You aren't the boss of me. Plus if you want me to do something, then I feel compelled to do the opposite.

Now no doubt mentioning his what is she rival, more or less interjecting his story into the affair, was in bad taste.

But the whole Pocahontas thing was him slapping her with a nickname to crack on her poor taste in her Stolen Valor esque claim that she's a native american herself.
www.theatlantic.com...

I know the history of the Pocahontas thing. That event wasn't the time or place to bring it up. But just like the op, he's making fun of Democrats, so it's all good.

Yeah I've gathered. When I actually want you to intellectually debate a topic you overtly run away. And when I get sick of your overt troll tactics you wont go away. Is about the sum of our engagements around here.

Okay so then you admit it was a shot at one of his favorite Democrat's to rip on. Yet in your opening sentence it was pure SJW 'he marginalize all teh natives' rabble.

edit on 27-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I know quite a few Native Americans. I don't think they even consider someone with that small percentage of Native blood as Native American. The ones I know are good people, they are not judgemental, but do not like hearing lies about their heritage being spread about.

yeah thats not what i am talking about

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is what happens when Trump goes off script. He really needs a joke writing team because his attempt at humor is pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
crybabies spend months and months blabbering about how stupid Trump is, then when he says something stupid, they get all giggly. I guess is just doesn't take much to impress a simple mind.

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm offended because Trump yet again insulted veterans to score cheap political points. I'm not Native either, so I can't sympathize with that angle fully, but damn I'm at least be perturbed that Trump thinks that all Natives are the same people.

How did he insult veterans? By calling out a white lady who tried to exploit the fact that she has like 2% native blood for political gain?

did you read the whole thing you quoted?
did you watch the vid?

then you should know

Should know what? Your opinion?

Call me crazy but I think it's more out of line to pretend you're a part of a culture ( Warren ) than to make a socially awkward comment.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah I've gathered. When I actually want you to intellectually debate a topic you overtly run away. And when I get sick of your overt troll tactics you wont go away. Is about the sum of your engagements around here.

Well intellectual debates are a two way street and I've never seen you treat me with anything resembling enough respect to warrant having one with you. Maybe when you don't invent my arguments for me we'll have a real discussion.

Okay so then you admit it was a shot at one of his favorite Democrat's to rip on. Yet in your opening sentence it was pure SJW 'he marginalize all teh natives' rabble.

So case in point from what I was saying earlier. Here you are laughing at me after just asking for an intellectual debate, but I'll bite (though I know I shouldn't). In this case, thanks to the setting he was in, it's both.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
link   

I fail to see what the humor is in this situation. We get it, you hate anyone that's not an extreme far right conservative and get your jollies from anything that you see as a slight against anyone who isn't in the same political spectrum as you. But I simply can't fathom why you think it's OK that the child in the Oval Office is so ignorant of history that he didn't grasp the magnitude of his insensitivity in standing beneath a portrait of a former POTUS who made a career out of perpetuating genocide against the indigenous people of America and then further insults them by breaking from giving them their well deserved honor to make cracks against a sitting US Senator.

The issue isn't whether or not Sen. Warren has Native American ancestry, it's the fact that he has no self discipline and uses any and every opportunity to slur his so a called opponents, which in all honesty, are comprised of anyone who can read and write beyond a 3rd grade level of comprehension.

Do you honestly believe that in the midst of honoring these men, that it's at all appropriate to use it as a platform to mock someone else? It's about as childish and inappropriate as one can get. He had one function, honor these men who helped us defeat the Japanese. It's neither the time nor place for his infantile outburst which he and yourself seem to be extremely amused by.

It's disgusting behavior and not at all becoming of someone who is supposed to represent the entire country. Instead he represents only himself, thinks only of himself and the Trump "brand". It's been nearly a year, when is your lord and savior going to start being president?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The boycott of Trump hotels has already begun. Trump's name is coming off the Soho hotel. Many more to follow.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
crybabies spend months and months blabbering about how stupid Trump is, then when he says something stupid, they get all giggly. I guess is just doesn't take much to impress a simple mind.

Another back handed insulting post. Nothing of quality added. Intelligence disregarded.

See? I can do societal play by play too.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
He does it on purpose, and the message is "screw all of this petty PC crap that makes us all look like a bunch of sterile self-righteous babblers." It is easy to tell when someone is just being sociable , and when one is really trying to dig into someone with an agenda. We have to bury PC once and for all, and just use our individual brains.
edit on 27-11-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Wow! A meme! Man don't burn out any brain cells with that ctrl+V job. Wouldn't want you to strain that grey matter in your skull or anything with any actual thinking.

Pretentious-
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed

Pompous-
affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important

And let's throw in conceited and condescending for good measure...

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
He does it on purpose, and the message is "screw all of this petty PC crap that makes us all look like a bunch of sterile self-righteous babblers." It is easy to tell when someone is just being sociable , and one is really trying to dig into someone with an agenda. We have to bury PC once and for all, and just use our individual brains.

Yeah god forbid we be polite and sensitive to each other's feelings right? Being huge assholes to each other all the time is the way to go.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Pretentious-
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed

Pompous-
affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important

And let's throw in conceited and condescending for good measure...

Yep. That describes Trump to a T.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
FWIW Each tribe declares what degree of blood they accept as tribal members.

Chickasaw Choctaw both allow up to 1/256th. Thats .3 percent degree of blood and they still have the same rights to tribal assistance/rights as a full blood.

Apparently this isnt uncommon for the better-off tribes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join