It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
Somebody just drop the bomb already. Keeping score in this insane ping pong game is getting exhausting, and it's giving me a crick in my neck.

What do we expect from the cesspool on the Potomac, full of sexual predators, molesters, pedophiles, liars, corrupt and greedy puppets, and a whole boatload of hysterical screechers that put harpies to shame?

America's finest hour came and went over 200 years ago. Let's not act surprised, we voted for half of them, and allow the other half to slither around the halls greasing the wheels of legislature to turn in their direction. The swamp reigns eternal, as long as we the people allow it.

I love my country, but I hate my government.

The president of the Navajo Code Talkers, Peter McDonald (one in red visit who did most of the talking), was/is one of them Potomac cesspool dwellers. He shmoozed with the Republicans back during the Nixon days and beefed it with Goldwater over tribal issues. He use to be Navajo Nation prez and served a three year prison term that was cut short after being commuted by Clinton. Im more offended he got to be the one to talk and represent the code talkers and the Navajo Nation. He also didn't see action in the front lines like the actual code talkers. He was trained after the campaigns in the Pacific were over.

He was charged with over a hundred criminal charges ranging from conspiracy, extortion, bribery and inciting riots where two of his supporters were gunned down. Typical politician.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: soberbacchus

It's pretty silly though, to assume that just because a detail of history was missed, the whole purpose was to offend.

I don't assume his purpose was to offend. I also included the real possibility that he (and staff) are just ridiculously ignorant and incompetent.

It's even sillier to assume that having a portrait of a previous US President in the US Presidential Mansion is somehow terrible

Where did anyone even infer it was terrible to have a Presidential Portrait hanging in the Oval Office?
THAT is a pretty silly claim to be assigning to folks.

If you are having a ceremony honoring Native Americans in the Oval Office, perhaps don't do it in front of the portrait of the ONLY President responsible for the Trail of Tears and the death and suffering of thousands of Native Americans?

Bigoted or just grossly ignorant. Either is possible, neither is acceptable.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Outside of the Trail of Tears, Jackson is the best president to serve the US. We could all benefit from a Jackson right about now, especially given our desire to drain the swamp and increase liberty for citizens in the US.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I don't assume his purpose was to offend. I also included the real possibility that he (and staff) are just ridiculously ignorant and incompetent.

The term "ridiculously ignorant" has broad applications today. Not among them is having a Navajo ceremony in front of a portrait of Jackson. "Ridiculous" does not see to apply there, but "ignorant" could... a lack of knowledge.

What are you ignorant about?

Where did anyone even infer it was terrible to have a Presidential Portrait hanging in the Oval Office?

That seems to be a major point of contention. Jackson was a President (and as BFFT points out, not a terrible one if one discounts the Trail of Tears) and his portrait will be hanging in the White House. There were probably plenty of other portraits of Roosevelt, Adams, Nixon, Coolidge... and they were likely visible to the Navajo while they were speaking. Jackson wasn't visible, unless you think the Navajo have eyes in the back of their heads? No one seems to be capable of comprehending that fact... wouldn't that be considered "ridiculously ignorant"?

Agreed. So please stop.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, he actually had a lot in common with Trump today. Both were/are very good at rubbing their enemies the wrong way, and both were/are very good at using that talent to their political advantage.

And both were hated by the establishment.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is funny. I'm so tired of people thinking that we care what they think about their feelings. We are in a country of diverse people, and not all of them are on 'happy drugs' all the time. We say what we want and if they don't like it...then too bad. I can crack on any race or religion I want to, and they can crack on mine. It's all just a battle of wits after that.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I put this in another thread but it seems to have died off.

www.pocahontas.com

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
I put this in another thread but it seems to have died off.

www.pocahontas.com

Must be a new "3rd" Party tactic !!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

I think you scared everyone with the picture on the first page.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It's pretty silly though, to assume that just because a detail of history was missed, the whole purpose was to offend.

It's even sillier to assume that having a portrait of a previous US President in the US Presidential Mansion is somehow terrible

If you are having a ceremony honoring Native Americans in the Oval Office, perhaps don't do it in front of the portrait of the ONLY President responsible for the Trail of Tears and the death and suffering of thousands of Native Americans?

If you want to talk about ignorance, could you please stop lumping all "Native Americans" into one group? They each have their own separate tribal identities, don't you know?

In particular, the Navajo never had ANY CONTACT WHATSOVEVER with Andrew Jackson, in any way, shape or form whatsoever.

They lived in present day New Mexico, and their first contact with the US military was in 1846. That's 9 years after he had left office, and 1 year after he had died.

en.wikipedia.org...

And while we are on that topic. Pocahontas was Powhatan. Not Navajo!!!

Such ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 5-12-2017 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join