It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Perhaps you can never be sure. There is always a chance. Let's review the last 17 years and see how sure we can be of people more sane than the current occupant of the WH.

In 2002 under Bush and false pretenses of 9/11 and WMD's Iraq and Afghanistan were fought against. In Iraq 500.000 childeren have lost their lives. A vacuum was created that gave rise to extremism. And, but this is my suspicion: many of the later atrocities by those moderate rebels in Lybia and Syria were groomed in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. But, as Madeline Allbright so pointedly said: it was worth it.

in Afghanistan we are talking about at least 110.000 people dead. And the flow of heroine has never been better.

This in my book is insane.

The process to take out 7 other countries is continued under Obama. Lybia and Syria. Lybia used to be a country, although dictatorial, where people had a very reasonable level of welfare and a good life as the profits from the oil were reinvested in the country. In shambles, and the madness is ongoing. The level of human suffering is beyond words. On top, Libya became the grooming ground for the next step: ISIL and running of weapons through Benghazi and Turkey.

In Syria, Obama has done all possible in his mind to achieve regime change, but failed. The most spectacular is his RED LINE position when people were gassed. The Western powers were ready to take out Assad, when the people rebelled against that as evidence came forward that thr Moderate Rebels, armed and supported by the US, had perpetrated chemical attacks. And that left Obama standing with his weener in the wind. Remember John Mccain photographed in with leader of the moderate rebels turning out to be the butchers?
Un estimates that at least 400.000 people have died in the Syrian theatre.

Insane!

So, what did Trump do:
1. He ordered firing of 59 tomahawks on Syria airbase killing 9, because of 1 reason: to send a message: don't mess with me. My name is Trump, not Obama.
2. He dropped a MOAB on a bunker complex in Afghanistan.
3. He dropped some bombs on Drug labs
4. he send aircrafcarriers towards the Korean Peninsula.

He Trump is so insane!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yvhmer
Insane!

So, what did Trump do:
1. He ordered firing of 59 tomahawks on Syria airbase killing 9, because of 1 reason: to send a message: don't mess with me. My name is Trump, not Obama.

He Trump is so insane!

So. Let's be clear here. You just compared 8 years of Bush and 8 years of Obama to not even 1 year of Trump. All without any sources backing up anything you said. So let's look at some sources to see what Trump's military exploits actually look like.

This came out back in April:
Trump is ordering airstrikes at 5 times the pace Obama did

July:
Trump’s Air War Has Already Killed More Than 2,000 Civilians

September:
Trump Administration Wants to Increase CIA Drone Strikes

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

July:

September:

Just something I've been wondering when I come across posts like this. Many do it. Do you keep these talking points in a PDF or something for quick reference? Cataloged even?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Nope. I'm just good at googling, typing, post formatting, and copying and pasting. Not that I don't read the sources either, but many times I've already familiar with the story I'm posting.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

July:

September:

Just something I've been wondering when I come across posts like this. Many do it. Do you keep these talking points in a PDF or something for quick reference? Cataloged even?

They have an archive of cookie cutter responses formatted with links on their online "Surviving TDS" support group.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yvhmer

Perhaps you can never be sure. There is always a chance. Let's review the last 17 years and see how sure we can be of people more sane than the current occupant of the WH.

In 2002 under Bush and false pretenses of 9/11 and WMD's Iraq and Afghanistan were fought against. In Iraq 500.000 childeren have lost their lives. A vacuum was created that gave rise to extremism. And, but this is my suspicion: many of the later atrocities by those moderate rebels in Lybia and Syria were groomed in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. But, as Madeline Allbright so pointedly said: it was worth it.

in Afghanistan we are talking about at least 110.000 people dead. And the flow of heroine has never been better.

This in my book is insane.

The process to take out 7 other countries is continued under Obama. Lybia and Syria. Lybia used to be a country, although dictatorial, where people had a very reasonable level of welfare and a good life as the profits from the oil were reinvested in the country. In shambles, and the madness is ongoing. The level of human suffering is beyond words. On top, Libya became the grooming ground for the next step: ISIL and running of weapons through Benghazi and Turkey.

In Syria, Obama has done all possible in his mind to achieve regime change, but failed. The most spectacular is his RED LINE position when people were gassed. The Western powers were ready to take out Assad, when the people rebelled against that as evidence came forward that thr Moderate Rebels, armed and supported by the US, had perpetrated chemical attacks. And that left Obama standing with his weener in the wind. Remember John Mccain photographed in with leader of the moderate rebels turning out to be the butchers?
Un estimates that at least 400.000 people have died in the Syrian theatre.

Insane!

So, what did Trump do:

He Trump is so insane!

Very well posted.
When the past standards are listed trump actually looks pretty sane.
Who knew???

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im just shocked that, in the case of her lying about her racial ancestry, people are willing to just call it a "mistake from years ago". The woman was a college graduate and professor at a major university. If i can't hold her accountable for that lie, then why do we try to hold anyone accountable for anything?

The free pass is just so....partisan.

Agreed, it seems the big deal with the left is only Trump calling her out in front of Native Americans, and not that she went to Harvard on her totally faked Indian ancestry and all the other lies about that for decades.

I bet the code talkers were laughing their butts off to his statement while everyone on the left did the old "oh the horror" feign reaction...

Just one question to the left, why do you all keep voting her back into office when we all know what she has done?

edit on 28-11-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So that excuses all responsibility on Trump for saying it in the first place then?

Nope. But it doesn't absolve Warren's racism either. It's unfortunately par for the course in modern day politics.

To answer the rest of that paragraph, that infamous 'N-word' once meant only "black person." It was not the South that changed it into a slur... it was the rest of the country that decided they knew the context and cultural usage better than those who were using it.

Well, like I said previously, being a politician isn't supposed to be about being able to brush up insults or make juicy come backs. It's about governing and effective policy. This is one of the things wrong with us Americans. We put too much emphasis on style and flash and not enough emphasis on substance.

I find it extremely distasteful when someone says that, despite being very politically partisan themselves. I have spent over a year now listening to false claims about Trump... he's buddies with Putin, he colluded with the Russians, he is sexist, racist, xenophobic, he likes to have Russian hookers pee on him, he's going to launch nukes... the list is endless! And all bad data, aka "fake news."

A good example is the House tax plan... I have heard more made-up accusations that are directly refuted simply by reading the damn thing than I can count. How about we listen to Michael Jackson and "start with the man in the mirror"?

Warren will forever be tarnished by the playground insult "Pocahontas" because Trump said it and it is easier to use that to discredit her then actually research her policy positions and refute them.

I really doubt that Elizabeth Warren is racist. It appears she got the idea of her being native from her parents and never fully researched her heritage before using it.

No, Warren will be forever tainted by the fact she considers "Pocahontas" an insult. It shows her true racist colors, if you will pardon the pun.

She is indeed racist, as are most politicians on the left IMO. They use minorities by promising them the moon, but never really deliver anything more than slavery by another name in the form of urban crime, poor education, poor economies, poor housing, and extreme hopelessness.

You need to understand that before you keep tossing that "racist" term around. People are waking up. Just saying one hates racism while supporting racist is still racism, just laced with fancy lies.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If we are being honest...those guys had no clue what he said or what was really going on. They were dazzled by the pomp if the occasion and seemed to not really understand anything he said, just nodding politely.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Nope. But it doesn't absolve Warren's racism either. It's unfortunately par for the course in modern day politics.

Maybe not, but bringing this issue up during the event in the first place was the wrong move. If you want to have this conversation (I don't see why it is necessary since we've had it several times already across several different election seasons) then there are appropriate places to engage and discuss it. Taking cheap shots at the person while honoring COMPLETELY different people is not when to do it.

To answer the rest of that paragraph, that infamous 'N-word' once meant only "black person." It was not the South that changed it into a slur... it was the rest of the country that decided they knew the context and cultural usage better than those who were using it.

I HIGHLY disagree with this assessment, but I'll leave it at that as this isn't the thread for this topic.

I find it extremely distasteful when someone says that, despite being very politically partisan themselves. I have spent over a year now listening to false claims about Trump... he's buddies with Putin, he colluded with the Russians, he is sexist, racist, xenophobic, he likes to have Russian hookers pee on him, he's going to launch nukes... the list is endless! And all bad data, aka "fake news."

First off, I don't say pretty much most to all of those things. Second off, even if I did, I'm not a politician. Nor am I speaking at a public event.

A good example is the House tax plan... I have heard more made-up accusations that are directly refuted simply by reading the damn thing than I can count. How about we listen to Michael Jackson and "start with the man in the mirror"?

The people supporting it also make up quite a few insane things about how it will work too. Like that it will fund itself through economic growth.

No, Warren will be forever tainted by the fact she considers "Pocahontas" an insult. It shows her true racist colors, if you will pardon the pun.

She is indeed racist, as are most politicians on the left IMO. They use minorities by promising them the moon, but never really deliver anything more than slavery by another name in the form of urban crime, poor education, poor economies, poor housing, and extreme hopelessness.

You need to understand that before you keep tossing that "racist" term around. People are waking up. Just saying one hates racism while supporting racist is still racism, just laced with fancy lies.

TheRedneck

I need to realize nothing. I understand that things aren't perfect. Liberals included. HOWEVER, what I also understand is that liberals are at least positioned on the right side of history and not actively standing in the way of equality. I have history itself as my guide. Most of the arguments that are playing out today have played out in the past, and equality and being compassionate towards others as opposed to being selfish and greedy tends to win out in the long run. At least socially. It may not be reflected well in law, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where social norms are headed by looking at history.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If we are being honest...those guys had no clue what he said or what was really going on. They were dazzled by the pomp if the occasion and seemed to not really understand anything he said, just nodding politely.

I saw a little smirk...but ya

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this is interesting

www.huffingtonpost.com...

seems he has been at it a while

eh

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah, he's like a dog with a bone.

But come on, man...he's making fun of a woman who said her high cheekbones support her claim to heritage. Put aside for a moment we are talking about Trump, and look at who he is talking about, and what she said/did.

FWIW, the Pocahontas thing is only racist to people who think cultural appropriation is racism. I.e, people who misuse the term.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Not all Native American leaders agree that the "Pocahontas" slur was a nothingburger.

www.axios.com...

thehill.com...

edit on 28-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yes, I know, it is unfair. 1 year Trump against 8 years Bush and 8 years Obama. Perhaps we should wait a little more before we rain down our condescending remarks about his ability to bring honor to the position of president?

If you really want a complete list: maga Red pill/ And this propaganda from the MSN. Have fun perusing and reading. Don't be shy. And do not allow your wishes interfere with your open mind.

And perhaps, indeed, after enough time has passed, say another 3 years, would it be imaginable we would be saying: Indeed he was the greatest president .... since .... ever? Because that is the goal he has set himself.

What is most striking is the aggression in your response. If you are so well acquainted with google, you should have no qualms in finding the things I said, if google allows you to. There is no need for you to be so nasty. And then: try to put things into perspective here: Destroying 7 nation states opposed to drone strikes?

And besides, have you contemplated what your so venerable Obama has left this world?
additionally, have you read the articles yourself, or just scanned for the headlines:
Read the following line:

The drone playbook, known as the Presidential Policy Guidance, or PPG, includes a provision that no strike should go forward unless analysts determine that there is a near-certainty that no civilians will be harmed.

No, read it again. What does it say! If there are civilian casualties to be expected, the drone strike should commence. ..... yes, this is, according to NBC, Obama's legacy .... and with the already given autonomy of strikes, you want to do what exactly?

You are simply shooting from the hip providing sources which only have hearsay and suspicions, stringing bla bla.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Are you actually enjoying Trump marginalize all Native Americans into one group at an event meant to honor them? Are you aware that neither Pocahontas nor Elizabeth Warren are Navajos and that the Navajos are WORLDS different than the Tsenacommacah (Pocahontas' tribe) or Cherokee (Warren's alleged tribe ancestry)?

Why don't you get up and go slap those veterans in the face why you are at it? But hey, he's making fun of Democrats, so what he said MUST be good. Right?

Funny how the left always claims that we are all 'one race, one people '. Until it serves your purposes to claim otherwise.

So now we need to hold Navajos apart from all other Native Americans? Heaven forbid you mistake a Cherokee for a Dakota! The shame!

Sorry bub ain't buying it or your liberal SJW bull.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Heroes dying for the MIC, perpetual war for resources. A draft dodger see's the futility of war for profit. That to me seems like a reasonable stance.
Keep throwing cannon fodder at some manufactured enemy to keep the MIC in profit.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Case in point, remember how he murdered all the koi fish and disgraced us in front of the Japanese PM?

Murdered? And then you have the gall to cry "facts"

www.standard.co.uk... ml

was faced with misplaced criticism today after dumping an entire box of fish food into a pond in Japan – despite the country’s Prime Minister doing exactly the same thing. Footage emerged of the two leaders delicately spooning food into a pond below a dining room at Japan’s Akasaka Palace, a state house used by the government to entertain guests. Initial clips only showed Mr Trump emptying the entire contents of his wooden tray into the pond. Critics blasted him for overfeeding the creatures, when only a short snippet of the footage was aired. However, later footage showed Shinzo Abe using the exact same technique.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Yeah and from your own source

In that account and others, a genealogist traced Warren's Native American heritage to the late 19th century, which, if true, would make her 1/32 Native American. (However, the legitimacy of those findings has been debated.

It began during Warren's 2012 Senate run, when her opponent, Brown, accused her of lying to get a leg up in her academic career.
"Professor Warren claimed that she was a Native American, a person of color," he said during a debate. "And as you can see, she's not."
Warren shot back that she had not gained any "advantage" -- a claim that has proven impossible to fact check -- and in a subsequent ad again cited family lore.

"family lore" tales, myths, rumours....yep

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

So now we need to hold Navajos apart from all other Native Americans? Heaven forbid you mistake a Cherokee for a Dakota! The shame!

Sorry bub ain't buying it or your liberal SJW bull.

You do know that the Navajo and Cherokee are different tribes right. That we Native Americans/First Nations have different tribes with their own distinct language, culture and beliefs.

Contrary to what you believe, we are not one big group.

edit on 28-11-2017 by ChiefTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join