It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

She's a Democrat, so until she admits she lied then she did nothing wrong, and if she does admit she lied then she deserves to have a statue made down in the center of town square commemorating her courage.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Im just shocked that, in the case of her lying about her racial ancestry, people are willing to just call it a "mistake from years ago". The woman was a college graduate and professor at a major university. If i can't hold her accountable for that lie, then why do we try to hold anyone accountable for anything?

The free pass is just so....partisan.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
then she's lied on every other form. Why would someone choose to lie about their ancestry?

does that same logic apply to trump?
i mean he has lied before and if he has lied about the size of a crowd then........

link   

Alright. Whatever. Again. I don't care about it. It's not that important to me and really doesn't stand in the way of her actual politics.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Does it matter who or what Trump took the cheap shot at ?

Warren or Clinton or Obama or the Jolly Green Giant, doesn't matter.

What matters is the fact that the Child-In-Charge couldn't resist taking a cheap shot at a political rival at a highly inappropriate time, a time that was supposed to be about the people (most now dead, a few still alive) he was supposedly honouring.

The guy literally interrupted himself "mid-honouring" just so he could tug on someone's ponytail in the sandbox.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If i can't hold her accountable for that lie, then why do we try to hold anyone accountable for anything?

yeah

if i cant hold trump accountable for any of the million lies he throws out, then why do we try to hold anyone accountable for anything?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Im just shocked that, in the case of her lying about her racial ancestry, people are willing to just call it a "mistake from years ago". The woman was a college graduate and professor at a major university. If i can't hold her accountable for that lie, then why do we try to hold anyone accountable for anything?

In today's solipsistic age, where people tend to live out their lives in their minds, words matter, not actions.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

then she's lied on every other form. Why would someone choose to lie about their ancestry?

does that same logic apply to trump?
i mean he has lied before and if he has lied about the size of a crowd then........

Would lying about the size of a crowd open Trump up to benefits or preferential hiring?

Lying about your ethnicity on a federal form is a felony. Is there ever a time that you are asked on a federal form how big the crowd that came to see you was?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If i can't hold her accountable for that lie, then why do we try to hold anyone accountable for anything?

yeah

if i cant hold trump accountable for any of the million lies he throws out, then why do we try to hold anyone accountable for anything?

Trumps a moron. How would you like to have him held accountable for his million petty lies?

If you are comparing someone lying about a crowd size to someone lying about their race when its convenient...i think you over estimate the power of having a large crowd show up for your event.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

my point was he lies about # all the time and people just pass it off like its no big deal but anytime anyone else lies it is bigly news.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

i just mentioned that because it was something stupid that did not need to be lied about and could be easily verified. if a person will lie about something petty like that then it is not crazy to think they may lie about more important #.

trump lies all the time and most people are basically cool with it. strange

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

You're trying to bring this back to the people that it should be about? Too late. Trump has spoken. EVERYTHING is about him. Believe me, I tried to point this out yesterday but no one was buying.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

She lied about something to get special treatment. Trump being an asshole aside...are you supporting her misrepresenting her race when listing herself in a directory of her peers?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

i just mentioned that because it was something stupid that did not need to be lied about and could be easily verified. if a person will lie about something petty like that then it is not crazy to think they may lie about more important #.

trump lies all the time and most people are basically cool with it. strange

Because its all partisan, man.
People will forgive anything their political party does. I just read an article where someone was saying that we should not pursue sex crime charges against liberals because it might cost Democratic seats.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What a horrible remark and an inappropriate time. Trumps a Jerk. A profesionnal. A real man would never do that.

This has nothing to do with whether Warren lied or has a disagreement with Trump. It has everything to do with being a leader. Leaders don't do this. They rise above the pettiness.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

She lied about something to get special treatment. Trump being an asshole aside...are you supporting her misrepresenting her race when listing herself in a directory of her peers?

dont even know the full story. she lied about being native and she isnt? didnt she say she was like 1/32?
i dont know if any of that is true.

do i support that? no
would i do it? yes
i expect people to be better than me though

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It bothers me that fried chicken and watermelon are racist terms.

I love them both too.

That comes from the fact that in the early days of emancipation, most of the black folk were dirt poor. I know around here, most original black families had to settle in areas that were not good for farming (the primary occupation) because that was all that was left. Chicken was the preferred meat because it was cheap; growing up in a poor family, we had fried chicken at least once a week, usually Sunday night. Watermelons grow well in the South and are quite nutritious... and of course, young boys of all shades of skin would usually get caught at least once stealing a neighbor's watermelons.

It's not like that today, but some people just love to keep old stereotypes going...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Come on man... Really? There is more to an insult than just the syntax of the word used. There is inflection. There is the context it was used in. I mean, maybe, I can see your point on it not being an insult just looking at it by itself, but we both know Trump wasn't using it as a term of endearment. Not the first time and not this time. Pretending otherwise is just ignorance. Plain and simple.

It doesn't matter how Trump used it; what matters is how it was perceived. Trump did not choose how Warren perceived being called "Pocahontas." That's all Liz Warren.

Words are not ideas. Words are vessels we use to transport ideas.

Again. When you use that word as an insult then yes it can be seen as racist. It is showing insensitivity towards her and also her alleged native race as it shows Trump doesn't care to even differentiate these things. It's like telling a black or asian person they all look the same.

And again, a word cannot be an insult. An insult is a concept, an idea. A word can be intended as an insult by the speaker, but that does not guarantee the listener will accept it as such.

I call myself "The Redneck." As in, not just a redneck but The Redneck. It's a lifetime nickname; many know me as "redneck" better than they know my real name. Yell it out in a crowd and I will turn around to see what you want. But the first time someone called me redneck, I promise you it was not meant to be a term of endearment. I simply refused to accept it as a term of derision, because it described a people who were tough, hardy, and self-sufficient. I took it and made it my name.

Warren's response to Trump's statement is all on her.

Did you just call me racist?

It is not my intention to name-call. However, you do seem to be defending someone who is obviously racist... take that as you will.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
When that man has access to our country's nuclear launch codes, it's kind of hard not to have a twinge of anxiety at all times in the back of your head. I'm normally a very level headed and stress free individual, but Trump tries my patience time and again with his antics.

The fact that you (and you're in no way special or unique, most of the "Resistance" folks are standing alongside you) routinely equate mocking and baiting specific targets using words to a fear of launching nuclear weapons or starting a full clown physical war speaks volumes about just how mentally unstable the hyperoffended crowd is. "OMG, he called her Pocahontas! At a Navajo ceremony, no less!!! He's going to nuke the world!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!" Newsflash, the two don't equate to each other. We see your patience is being tried and, no shock here, we see that you're mind is immediately jumping to hyper escalation of responses by dwelling on issues like the launch codes when that patience has been tried...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
It doesn't matter how Trump used it; what matters is how it was perceived. Trump did not choose how Warren perceived being called "Pocahontas." That's all Liz Warren.

Words are not ideas. Words are vessels we use to transport ideas.

So that excuses all responsibility on Trump for saying it in the first place then? "It's not my fault I said the n word! You just interpreted it wrong." Somehow, I don't feel like that will fly very well.

I call myself "The Redneck." As in, not just a redneck but The Redneck. It's a lifetime nickname; many know me as "redneck" better than they know my real name. Yell it out in a crowd and I will turn around to see what you want. But the first time someone called me redneck, I promise you it was not meant to be a term of endearment. I simply refused to accept it as a term of derision, because it described a people who were tough, hardy, and self-sufficient. I took it and made it my name.

Warren's response to Trump's statement is all on her.

Well, like I said previously, being a politician isn't supposed to be about being able to brush up insults or make juicy come backs. It's about governing and effective policy. This is one of the things wrong with us Americans. We put too much emphasis on style and flash and not enough emphasis on substance. Warren will forever be tarnished by the playground insult "Pocahontas" because Trump said it and it is easier to use that to discredit her then actually research her policy positions and refute them.

It is not my intention to name-call. However, you do seem to be defending someone who is obviously racist... take that as you will.

TheRedneck

I really doubt that Elizabeth Warren is racist. It appears she got the idea of her being native from her parents and never fully researched her heritage before using it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join