It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So Trump is honoring the Navajo Indians that helped fight the Japanese in WW2.

He has a ceremony at the White House with a picture of Andrew Jackson hanging on the wall.

He makes a crack reference to Senator Elizabeth Warren about "Pocahontas".

Liz hears this and goes wild on MSNBC.

Hillaryous.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

President Donald Trump, during an event at the White House honoring Navajo code talkers Monday, referenced his nickname for Sen. Elizabeth Warren, "Pocahontas," a label he has long used about the Massachusetts Democrat.

"I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here," Trump said. "Although, we have a representative in Congress who has been here a long time ... longer than you -- they call her Pochahontas!"

He then turned to one of the code talkers behind him, put his left hand on the man's shoulder and said: "But you know what, I like you. You are special people."

Elizabeth Warren responds to Trump's "Pocahontas" remark

well is she or isn't she?

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
More like PUKEahontas!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

...[sigh]...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

+54 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

i need to learn how to say big orange idiot in Navajo wind talk.

"But you know what, I like you. You are special people."

hahahahaha

what a dick

+60 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Are you actually enjoying Trump marginalize all Native Americans into one group at an event meant to honor them? Are you aware that neither Pocahontas nor Elizabeth Warren are Navajos and that the Navajos are WORLDS different than the Tsenacommacah (Pocahontas' tribe) or Cherokee (Warren's alleged tribe ancestry)?

Why don't you get up and go slap those veterans in the face why you are at it? But hey, he's making fun of Democrats, so what he said MUST be good. Right?
edit on 27-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you actually enjoying Trump marginalize all Native Americans into one group at an event meant to honor them? Are you aware that neither Pocahontas nor Elizabeth Warren are Navajos and that the Navajos are WORLDS different than the Tsenacommacah (Pocahontas' tribe) or Cherokee (Warren's alleged tribe ancestry)?

Why don't you get up and go slap those veterans in the face why you are at it?

speaking for myself. i am not offended. dont know if i would be if i were native american.

let say it wasnt racial or meant to offend or anything like that. just for this conversation.

it is still a dick move.
what is wrong with being serious in a serious moment and not cracking a big ass orange joke?
know what i mean?

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are you actually enjoying Trump
do anything? Yes

"Trump does anything, Trump dickriders rejoice."

+10 more 
link   
It's almost as if Trump willingly gives the media things to complain about so that the complaining spreads to the people.

Good job uniting America Trump. We all know the best way to unity is by saying divisive and inflammatory things constantly.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Is this guy related to Prince Philip? Damn, just make him stop.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm offended because Trump yet again insulted veterans to score cheap political points. I'm not Native either, so I can't sympathize with that angle fully, but damn I'm at least be perturbed that Trump thinks that all Natives are the same people.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Here here! Those people need someone to get Social Justice for them. Someone like a Warrior. I'd ask if you know anyone who fits that bill, but I'd guess if you pass by a mirror, you'd see the guy I'm looking for.

Perhaps you should boycott Trump Hotels to show your SJW muscles.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I guess you haven't got out too much xuenchen...sorry for stating the obvious.
edit on 27-11-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Get out of here with your petty race card demagoguery.

Now no doubt mentioning his what is she rival, more or less interjecting his story into the affair, was in bad taste.

But the whole Pocahontas thing was him slapping her with a nickname to crack on her poor taste in her Stolen Valor esque claim that she's a native american herself; never letting her live it down. For that your SJW umbrella should have had you backing him up with that.

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 27-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It's simpler than that. It was a WH event to honor these people, not mock them.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Get out of here with your petty race card demagoguery.

Um. No. You aren't the boss of me. Plus if you want me to do something, then I feel compelled to do the opposite.

Now no doubt mentioning his what is she rival, more or less interjecting his story into the affair, was in bad taste.

But the whole Pocahontas thing was him slapping her with a nickname to crack on her poor taste in her Stolen Valor esque claim that she's a native american herself.
www.theatlantic.com...

I know the history of the Pocahontas thing. That event wasn't the time or place to bring it up. But just like the op, he's making fun of Democrats, so it's all good.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm offended because Trump yet again insulted veterans to score cheap political points. I'm not Native either, so I can't sympathize with that angle fully, but damn I'm at least be perturbed that Trump thinks that all Natives are the same people.

How did he insult veterans? By calling out a white lady who tried to exploit the fact that she has like 2% native blood for political gain?

Being that many Native American tribes suffered the same types of oppression and have formed unions together, you're really reaching by trying to play that card.
edit on 27-11-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I didn't know they hung Andrew Jackson

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

How did he insult veterans? By calling out a white lady who tried to exploit the fact that she has like 2% native blood for political gain?

did you read the whole thing you quoted?
did you watch the vid?

then you should know

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

It's simpler than that. It was a WH event to honor these people, not mock them.

Yeah I know. And don't you know? Saying "But you know what, I like you. You are special people." makes his lack of tack just A-OK!

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is just sad. What makes it even sadder is that Warren really did pretend to be a Native American to get special treatment. In this case both sides are an embarrassment. Tweedledee talking about Tweedledum. The soap opera continues.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have a CDIB card, citizenship card and work for the tribal government, and I'm not offended.

This popped up in conversation today with a coworker and it was blown off without a second thought. The attitude being, rather than anti/pro Trump was more like "Meh." He summed it up by saying that Trump needs to figure out the pipeline problem before gaining accolades from indigenous people, but otherwise he isnt directly opposing us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join