It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighted over Washington D.C. - Feb10

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"Whilst doing some maintenance on another site, they came across 'something odd about the Washington image feed'. Some screen shots were taken and a UFO appears in the image."

www.mediavillage.net...

Now taking a closer look at the link above it does stand to reason that this is a remarkable web cam capture. Vehicle headlights are blurred while the craft is rather clear. What caught my eye was if you look at the 4th screen capture image, specifically on the Windows taskbar, photoshop is running minimized. Now whether that's unrelated or was being used maybe to verify the photo more closely is unknown. I would think or at least hope that someone attempting a hoax wouldn't leave the tools so out in the open. Still an interesting story.

Just to add - I would also think that something this big would have produced some type of media commotion expecially over D.C. I haven't been able to find any other news sources to corroborate this story.

brill

[edit on 12-2-2005 by brill]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yes interesting image! It almost looks like a boomering seen from the side. I wonder what is doing over the capital?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Strange that it doesn't reflect in the ptolmic river, is that right? Wouldn't ya say?

[edit on 12-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Not sure what the image is, but if its real it looks to be several objects, not one. With a few remaining stationary while a couple are moving and creating light arcs. Probably in the distance and not near the river to reflect off of it. Interesting, but ambiguous enough to keep this image from becoming anything more than a curiosity.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
Strange that it doesn't reflect in the ptolmic river, is that right? Wouldn't ya say?

[edit on 12-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

Not really, considering the perspective provided by the web cam as evidenced by what is reflected in the river.

Notice where (on the river) the top of the Lincoln Memorial is reflected. Unless this object was either far, far behind the memorial or directly (within meters or feet) above it, IMHO I do not how or why its image would have been reflected by the river given the perspective provided by the web cam.

For further evidence of this, please note the top of the Washington Memorial is also not visible in the images reflected off the river (yet it is in fact there).

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Does'nt the contour of object appears to be a little bit too much pixelated when you zoom it... just as if it was added with Photoshop???

Seems crazy that such a huge object would appear just a few hundred meters above the most guarded place in America and nobody else would report it.

As long as I don't have any other source that reports it, I consider it a hoax.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I live in the DC Metropolitan Area, and if something like this was seen flying around here itd be in the news. And I havent heard a single thing about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
DLM is right, if something was caught on camera that easily viewable jets would have been scrambled to blast it outta the sky. DC is far to paranoid to not respond to anything unusual in its midst that could be a potential attack.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
im sure its photo shop....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
looks like a jet liner to me. I have taken time exposure pics that look just like this of an airliner. The small lights are anti-collision lights blinking and the long white streak is from the landing lights. The car headlights are streaked so this is about a 2-3 second exposure. Or it is just a fake. Not a UFO imho.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAvatar
looks like a jet liner to me. I have taken time exposure pics that look just like this of an airliner. The small lights are anti-collision lights blinking and the long white streak is from the landing lights. The car headlights are streaked so this is about a 2-3 second exposure. Or it is just a fake. Not a UFO imho.

Well, technically it IS a UFO until its identified. Unidentified Flying Object, could be a meteor, aslong as you dont know it.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I would say that if something that huge went unreported is;

Its photoshopped
Its one of our own craft. I cant imagine something that large not making it all over the internet. That thing would have had people nuts downtown Washington.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The picture looks way to clear. We will see when they research this, if the site was hacked or not. They did mention the sky seemed to darken for minutes after this picture was taking, possibly eluding that the sky was never really this color and that the picture was in fact implanted. I would love nothing more than to believe it was authentic, but I am having a hard time believing it as of yet.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAvatar

Well that pretty much solves it in my book. The headlight streaks from the cars are very obvious.

Does'nt the contour of object appears to be a little bit too much pixelated when you zoom it... just as if it was added with Photoshop???

Then the city would have to be added too, since the outlines of the buildings are quite pixelated

Its just compression.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I live in the DC Metropolitan Area, and if something like this was seen flying around here itd be in the news. And I havent heard a single thing about it.

All hell would've been breaking loose, and there would be F-16's, Helicopters and spot lights all over the place!

Nothing gets in Radar range in D.C. without being investigated today. heh

Plus BWI is right in the area and the angle of that object is exactly the same angle that I've seen 747's taking off at all the time, when they take off they have that same 45 degree angle and they haul @$$ up in the air.

[edit on 2/13/2005 by Brainiac]

[edit on 2/13/2005 by Brainiac]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Then the city would have to be added too, since the outlines of the buildings are quite pixelated

Its just compression.

That's IT!!! Washington is gone and they photoshopped it in so nobody will know!

The UFO is a building they put in the wrong place.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
That is SO photoshopped....Don't even need to zoom in to see the filter effects...very poor job,

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

well well that is a big fat fake, cant you guys see the cut and paste job outlining the craft???

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am really sorry but it looks like it might fake to me. The lights in the craft too closely match the lights from the city scene below. I think that a closer examination of the picture would reveal that these lights have been cut out from the scene below. Were there any eyewitness corroborations for this story?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok come on, it's Bush's mother ship
Probably replacing Dick with a newer version

<<   2 >>

join