It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a few questions.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here are a few questions I would like ask you all.

If you could see into the future, should you try and change it?
If you can take the pain from others, should you do it, even if you arent asking them?
If you can read minds, should you read them?
If you could feel the pain and emotions of others, should you do it?
And if you have a psychokinetic ability which can be destructive, should you use it?

I know they are a bit odd, but I was thinking about it the other day. I know for some these things arent optional.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticshadow

If you can take the pain from others, should you do it, even if you arent asking them?

I can really feel the pain of others, that is why I am such a fragile person...I can read people (not their mind, their souls...) I never use anything to harm anyone, au contraire! I mean, no way! I use my gifts to help them. I can help people around me by meditating and sending love to them in a very strong way!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

And if you have a psychokinetic ability which can be destructive, should you use it?

I know they are a bit odd, but I was thinking about it the other day. I know for some these things arent optional.

Though some might find these hard to answer, they are things that I have already made my mind up about.
1. Go ahead and try, if you can do it, it is meant to be, but more than likely you will be foiled by unforeseen obstacles. imho
2. A sober judgement call, I would consider what they would want, but in some cases, I would take their pain even if they said they would not want me to.
3. Reading minds.......I wouldn't. It is too voyeuristic and invasive, though I can imagine times it might be in the best interests of all concerned, 'he said cautiously'
3. I have found that empaths often agree with me that it is difficult NOT to feel others emotions, even when they are distressing to you. Whether you should or not is a case by case call, but in my experience it is not up to me whether I should or not, I can't stop it.
4. This is my one self acknowledged area needing growth. If it was destructive towards say a serial killer, rapist, or child abuser, I am afraid that I would use it. I know that I should not, but I am just being honest by stating that at present, I for sure would try to use it, definitely. My mind and soul may someday grow past that negative compulsion, but hasn't yet.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I (obviously) possess some of the abilities above, some not all.

Sometimes I feel bad if I am taking away their pain, even though I am doing good, like I should ask or inform them that I am doing it. I feel bad being an empath, kinda like I am spying on them, or forcing them to tell me something that they would rather not discuss. Even if I cant exactly control my empathy, I still feel a bit bad.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
If you could see into the future, should you try and change it? I find it only screws up things further, but sometimes life is boring and a little bit of chaos is interesting. But be careful, tho.

If you can take the pain from others, should you do it, even if you arent asking them? You don't want to take those toxins in your system, even if you really love the person, because you may be really screwing up things further for the both of you.

If you can read minds, should you read them? Only if you feel threatened.

If you could feel the pain and emotions of others, should you do it? I have enough pain & emotions.

And if you have a psychokinetic ability which can be destructive, should you use it? From what I've read, the most destructive pk effects come from out of your control when you're upset or otherwise emotional (of course, what I read was "Carrie.")

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Concentrate on the moment as much as you can and the future will sort itself out.
There is no definite answer to this question, but generally i would say no not directly, maybe someone has to experience grow and learn from the pain, who are we to stop that.
Again no definite answer, would you like someone going around in your mind, what reason would you have for going about in someones mind?
If you could feel the emotions and pain of others, if you want to then yes, people do it all the time subconcounsly through body language etc.
Such abilities however much we crave for them only take us away from our true goal of enlightenment, but it may be your path to have and use them, anything can be destructive.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No, you should not try to change the future. But let me say this - what ever future you see into this moment - can and most likely will, change in a following moment. Just your knowing will change it and deem it (for the most part) no longer true.

I think it's ok to lessen the pain of others. They MUST know of the pain and be told that the pain relief is not treatment and the problem causing the symptoms are still there. Pain is give as a warning. It's not right to take away the warning and let a person fall.

It's probably wrong to read into the thoughts of others. But I sure wouldn't want to have to stop. I don't trust people otherwise.

If you can feel the emotion and pain of others - you have no choice. It happens. You can detatch from it, but I think gifts are given to be used of service to others.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I use different forms of divination and have found that they work quite well for me. The future is not set; divination only shows the most likely course of events if everything were to go about in the usual way. I have changed my future before but I always try and see what could have happened if I had left it alone. I try to avoid trouble while still learning lessons from them.

I believe that you should allow people to experience pain (emotional) unless they state otherwise. Pain can be a tremendous teacher.

If I could read minds, I would only do so in circumstances where I feel that there was a threat (to myself or others). Otherwise, it would just be plain rude.

I see nothing wrong with empathizing with others. It helps to understand them better and to help them out.

If I had a destructive ability I would only use it if someone was in danger. I would also try and minimalize the damage and injury caused by the ability, using it just enough to change the situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
To answer this thread, I would use all listed above, and some other abilities and powers if possible. I am open to everything, but not for hostile reasons, therefore I wouldn't use my powers against others.

There are gentle and loving ways of using wonderful powers, even if they feel disturbing, generally they are not hostile. Many people can only realize their friendly effect later in life, when everything wirks smoothly and perfectly. At that time they immediately forget what struggling they have gone through for many years.

But it is nice if a person forgets former hard times...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
It's probably wrong to read into the thoughts of others. But I sure wouldn't want to have to stop. I don't trust people otherwise.

We're all part of the collective consciousness. Therefore we all have access to it. Some have more ability than others to this access. It's the ones who are very disconnected from this process who end up living miserable lives.

The trust factor IMO has more to do with being in tune with a person.

new topics

top topics

join