It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MO senator is hiding her private jet's movements from the public.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) took a lot of heat over her use of a private jet at taxpayer expense.

Her solution? Petition the FAA to hide her jet's tracking info.

McCaskill garnered much criticism ahead of her last reelection campaign over her use of a private jet at taxpayer expense that she demanded her husband "sell the damn plane." But they bought a new, more expensive plane shortly after she won that election. Now, as she gears up for her next election fight, they have taken action to limit scrutiny of the plane's use.

The company hired by McCaskill to operate the plane, a 2009 Pilatus PC-12/47E, wrote to the FAA earlier this year in April to ask that tracking information on the plane be blocked from the public, according to email records obtained by the Washington Free Beacon through a Freedom of Information Act request.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Scumbag.

I think there should be a programme in place where The People can seize the assets of politicians who abuse taxpayer money for expenses.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well what would anybody expect?

Of course she needs to hide all the binge spending.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Her move is only going to cause many many more eyes looking and many many more minds questioning . So much easier to create rumors when you got a good starting point ...He opponents in the next election is probably creating adds as we speak ..tic toc tic toc

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Scumbag.

I think there should be a programme in place where The People can seize the assets of politicians who abuse taxpayer money for expenses.

Nope. Those laws are only for common folks. Taxpayers have to pay hush money for politician misbehavior. Politicians make the laws for politicians.

They all keep their mouth shut. There will never be a big enough overhaul and if there was are their enough honest people alive that would run for office?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Of, by and for the elite.

Nice chariot

She would ride the bus like everyone else. Wait in line, submit to searches, struggle with seating and luggage like everyone else.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

OK, if she and her husband can afford a private jet and are paying for it out of their own pocket, that's fine and their choice.

However, why hide it?

If they have a private jet and the taxpayers are paying for it, that's something else, and we deserve to know about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

OK, if she and her husband can afford a private jet and are paying for it out of their own pocket, that's fine and their choice.

However, why hide it?

If they have a private jet and the taxpayers are paying for it, that's something else, and we deserve to know about it.

A Pilatus PC12 is a single engine propeller driven aircraft powered by a Pratt PT-6 engine, not a pure jet.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) took a lot of heat over her use of a private jet at taxpayer expense.

McCaskill garnered much criticism ahead of her last reelection campaign over her use of a private jet at taxpayer expense that she demanded her husband "sell the damn plane." But they bought a new, more expensive plane shortly after she won that election. Now, as she gears up for her next election fight, they have taken action to limit scrutiny of the plane's use.

The company hired by McCaskill to operate the plane, a 2009 Pilatus PC-12/47E, wrote to the FAA earlier this year in April to ask that tracking information on the plane be blocked from the public, according to email records obtained by the Washington Free Beacon through a Freedom of Information Act request.

I sincerely hope that this takes her down, simply can't stand her.

Fred.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: ketsuko

However, why hide it?

A Pilatus PC12 is a single engine propeller driven aircraft powered by a Pratt PT-6 engine, not a pure jet.

I would just call it a turboprop.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

If these guys didn't get taken down for using private jets paid for by tax payers than I am sure she will be OK.

Another Trump Cabinet Member Gets Wrist Slapped for Abusing Taxpayer Money for Private Jets

But instead of financing their own travels, they are leaning on government money instead. First, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin was caught flying on a military plane to Fort Knox, Kentucky, during the solar eclipse. Then Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, who racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in luxury jet travel to private islands and lunches with his son, was outed for similar grifting. On Thursday night, Ryan Zinke, a former congressman and now the secretary of the Interior, was reported to have taken a trip to the Virgin Islands and to his second home in Montana, both times flying on chartered jets.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Again, if they bought it and are paying for it on their own, fine. It's theirs. Just don't try to hide it.

When they try to hide it, they're playing false "poor" to play to their base who have been taught that being able to own expensive toys like that is evil, not something you should take pride in. But hiding it to play to your base is another form of lying.

Or they're hiding it in order hide something they shouldn't be doing connected to it.

Prop plane or jet. I couldn't care less about it. Only how they are handling it.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

As much as I can't dislike her, a PC-12 is hardly what I would consider a large executive "jet" like a Gulf Stream G650ER or an Embraer Lineage 1000. The PC-12 is a turboprop single with a top speed of 328mph and a range of 1800 miles. It seats a max of 6-9 and has a service ceiling of 30,000 feet (not really enough to climb over most weather).

Just FYI

The principle is still the same though, the Fed should be paying nothing for these political hacks to galavant all over the place in their private aircraft. ..none of them!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My guess is that they bought the plane and are leasing it to a company. The company can operate the aircraft, and take care of maintaining it. Some of the profits that the company makes are paid to McCaskill. There is nothing wrong with that. It is fairly common, but, if McCaskill is chartering her own plane through that company and paying for the charter with taxpayer dollars, there is a problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Many, if not most, companies have their information blocked from services like Flight Aware.

It's not a government airplane, so what's the big deal?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
My guess is that they bought the plane and are leasing it to a company. The company can operate the aircraft, and take care of maintaining it. Some of the profits that the company makes are paid to McCaskill. There is nothing wrong with that. It is fairly common, but, if McCaskill is chartering her own plane through that company and paying for the charter with taxpayer dollars, there is a problem.

I think you may have hit on the real reason for track blocking. Many, if not most, charter customers require that the aircraft they charter block tracking. If company A, in New York, is negotiating a buyout of company B, in Denver, they would not want it known that a bunch of suits from A weny to Denver.
And you can defeat tracking by just going under Visual Flight Rules without flight following.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So, she's a crook. Here's hoping her constituents learn from this, and oust her.

I'd bet she promotes global warming, too.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Having read the article and what the comments here is what can be stated:

Now owning an airplane is fine. And for public officials, not having their movements when it happens is not a bad idea, giving the current political and social climate.

Now if Taxpayers are not paying for the use of this, to include fuel, insurance, and upkeep, none of it, then having it private is perfectly acceptable, as even a public figure is entitled so some privacy. However, if the public official is using public funding for said vehicle, then they should show where and how said vehicle is being used, to justify and be held accountable for its use.

And if it is the case, where the taxpayers are paying for such, then if she is not willing to show records, then she is hiding something and should face the possibility of losing her position.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I think you may have hit on the real reason for track blocking. Many, if not most, charter customers require that the aircraft they charter block tracking. If company A, in New York, is negotiating a buyout of company B, in Denver, they would not want it known that a bunch of suits from A weny to Denver.
And you can defeat tracking by just going under Visual Flight Rules without flight following.

so they want everyone to squawk...i like that....

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Claire McCaskill was corrupt when she was active in Clay County politics. Having grown up in that county, I know, just as my father knew, that she was rotten. It was mostly petty stuff, like stealing from estates, a common political sport in Clay Co. She seems to have moved on to the big time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join