It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiests vs The Religious Conspiracy... Explain to Me Why Believers Believe.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Simply no. Hitler was an occultist and had his people travel the world looking into occult items and practices.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

If there is no supreme moral authority, then who gets to define “truly moral”. You? A powerful dictator? And why does it matter. If there is no good or evil, there is no true morality.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Simply no. Hitler was an occultist and had his people travel the world looking into occult items and practices.

And I would say Hitler played off nationalism, history, folklore, and race more than any ideas of spirituality.
edit on 5-12-2017 by neutronflux because: Added space between word between pop up adds

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

No one. It is just a generally agreed about idea that society uses to further keep society functioning.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No one. It is just a generally agreed about idea that society uses to further keep society functioning.

Can you define functioning? As in a system that allows people like Hilter to rule through murder and racism? Oppressive countries like North Korea and China? Creat shortages of food like in the old USSR?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Function

verb (used without object)
8. to perform a specified action or activity; work; operate:
The computer isn't functioning now. He rarely functions before noon.
9. to have or exercise a function; serve:
In earlier English the present tense often functioned as a future. This orange crate can function as a chair.

Yes. All of those are functioning societies. A society ISN'T functioning when it is falling apart into chaos and anarchy. Somalia would be a good example of a non-functioning society.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Please stop watching the History Channel and do some research.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Sorry, you're wrong. More well research articles than the one you linked to.

The Key Role Played by Occult Practice IIn Nazi Germany

Historical Confirmation of Hitler's Demonic Possession

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Both of your links were 403'ed by my server initially, before I did a little digging and got them up. I've not had a good laugh like that in ages. No. mgr.org is not a credible source. Any website that dabbles exclusively in religious apocalypse prophecies is automatically suspect. 1/10 (the 1 is for making me laugh so much) try again.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hitler was not somehow an agent of religion or an example of spirituality. On the contrary, Hitler was a manifestation of evil influences on this planet and a good example of why we need to embrace God to battle these evil influences.
edit on 5-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Goes without saying though that organized religious practice has killed more people throughout recorded history in the name of God than Hitler or the Nazi regime could ever hope to accomplish.

What happens when one refuses to embrace God? Generally some misguided mad bastards come along and kill you for non-participation in their delusions because some priest with ulterior motives told them "it's not murder, but the path to heaven".

Thats true evil right there and has happened, and will happen time and time again whilst religious intolerance is around and alive and well. Same crap slightly different wrapping paper really in this day of age but the premise remains the same.
edit on 5-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You still don't understand. The abuse of people in God's name is not representative of God or Spirituality or even proper religion. You like to misrepresent God and that's as abusive as the people you cite. Pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Nope i just think we should separate the notion of a creator from our very Man made organized religious practice that kills more people than any other foible humanity possesses.

Fact is our notions of God kills people and that's wrong, even by biblical logic, unless of course, it's in his name, then it's perfectly kosher.

What do you consider to be "proper religion"?
edit on 5-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Proper religions embrace love and not destruction. Killing in God's name is wrong by God's standards. God asks us to treat others as we would want to be treated. Also, the 10 commandments cover all we need to do.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Killing in God's name is wrong by God's standards.

Why? Your god did it and then some.

Oh I forgot. Your god is a hypocrite and the “do as I say, not as I do” type (according to your religious book).

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I doubt you are a bible scholar, the way you talk. You are mistaken. Hardly know where to start with your mistaken assumptions about God.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You are mistaken.

Your trying to say your god didn’t kill anyone?

According to your book, your god made a flood and killed pretty much everyone and everything.

And then there’s...

Sodom and Gomorrah.

Lots wife.

Er, the first born of Judah.

Onan, Ers brother.

The first born of Egypt.

The Egyptian Army.

Nadab and Abihu, sons of Aaron.

Ten scouts sent to explore the promised land

Nabal.

Uzzah.

David and Bathsheba's baby.

Jeroboam's son.

Jehoram.

Ezekiel's wife.

Ananias and Sapphira.

Herod.

An untold amount of Israelites for various reasons.

That’s just some of them and not a full list.

Thou shalt not kill (unless god does it, then it’s cool).
edit on 5122017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You seem to know nothing. The great flood was targeted too kill the Fallen Angels that came to overcome and takeover earth, the Nephelim. Armies that rose up against God's disciples were defeated because they brought killing against God's children. You certainly have a lack of understanding of God and it shows. God only defeated those that brought the fight to his people. You are again mistaken.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I just showed you your god killing, in your book, yet you’re still saying I’m mistaken?

The one who is mistaken, is you. Keep living in denial.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
God is a loving God. Sorry you misunderstood history and God's intentions.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join