It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when they said Bitcoin was the people's way of challenging the bankers?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Bitcoin mining consumes more electricity a year than Ireland

Network’s estimated power use also exceeds that of 19 other European countries, consuming more than five times output of continent’s largest windfarm

Bitcoin’s “mining” network uses more electricity in a year than the whole of Ireland, according to statistics released as the currency broke $9,000 for the first time.

Hedge Funds are now involved in Bitcoin investment. It has well and truly become a rich person's game.

I think when they have become rich enough and control it enough they will be wanting to turn the whole world over to Bitcoin and digital currency.

That means the MACHINE will calculate everything and humans will respond to its financial dictates and will have no recourse to counter its financial decision making. What a horror story of sublime digital institutionalization!

Can anyone foresee a problem here? I can see many.

I have been watching it since the very beginning. When everyone else was worshiping it as some kind of Savior from the bankers I saw it as their ultimate weapon being unleashed on humanity.

I really do believe that digital currency will be the financial system of the beast and we will have to have a mark if we want to buy and sell in the system. Bitcoin has always been my enemy (check my ATS commentary history for proof of that). I know it for what it is. It is the coming machine controlled cashless society that will outcast many.

I told you this years ago. I am saying the same now. I bet it looks a bit closer to home now doesn't it?

edit on 27-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Soon the entire output of the electric grid will shut down to consumers because there is more money in mining bitcoins. It will be a biblical ending to civilization.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well, the idea behind bitcoin and blockchain is phenomenal. The whole concept was based on decentalization. The ability to transfer funds from person to person without the need for a middle man, or bank.

As we all know, any technology that is a game changer can also end up in the wrong hands, and unfortunately for humanity, usually does. It should be no surprise to anyone that the major banks,along with greedy individuals, are going to seek to use bitcoin and block chain for their own benefit.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

Anything worth having is worth stealing. We live is society based on crime. Crime pays better than hard work.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Crime pays better than hard work.

I take it you've never read Freakanomics where it was demonstrated the typical drug dealer makes less than a person working at a fast food restaurant.

edit on 27-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
yeah just one more reason to release Tesla's technology. Not Elon Musk's company, the actual inventor.

The people running this world really need to die off.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“Bitcoin Surges to Record Levels,” “Bitcoin More than Doubled This Year,” “Bitcoin Plummets, Loosing $4 Billion of Market Capitalization,” “Cyber Fraud Attackers Demand Payment in Bitcoin.” These attention-grabbing headlines are typical of the recent media buzz related to this cyber-currency. What is Bitcoin, and why has it garnered so much attention in the investment world? Who will benefit? Will this be trouble for the banks, Visa, Mastercard and Paypal?

In Bitcoin, we now seem to have a new form of currency that rivals fiat money as we move full speed into the age of technology. Unlike its predecessor currencies, it is not backed by a physical commodity (gold) or any government or bank. It transcends borders and allows for complete anonymity. Transactions are cheap to execute and it is quickly and easily transferred around the world. Bitcoins do not depreciate as a result of government budget deficits, and banks can’t use your Bitcoins to make risky investments. Who needs a Swiss bank account? Or any bank account? What’s not to like?

What we don't realize is that they are PUTTING US OFF getting involved and frightening us while THEY ARE INVESTING IN IT. Why might we think they would do a thing like that?

www.sciedu.ca...

In an era of technology advancement when the entire world is talking ab out the “Internet of Things” whereby we are expected to have connectivity between anything and everything, Currency cannot be left behind. Paper currency is bound to be a thing of past, as virtual currencies will start taking over and Bitcoin is well poise d to achieve this feat. Not only it will revolutionize the way payments are made, but also have potential to impact the future of world currencies like USD, which is already facing challenges from EURO or Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY). The rise of crypto - cur rencies will add a new dimension to this challenge for US Dollar (USD

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is Bitcoin the future of currency? The virtual currency Bitcoin is growing in popularity and some are even calling it the future of money. Spencer Kelly explains the workings behind Bitcoin and how people have already become millionaires through the currency.

It is already making millionaires. Soon it will make billionaires and one day trillionaires. As it stands they will hoodwink us with ohhhh no, no possible way of replacing gold or becoming the global currency. Only when it does happen will they tell you. By that time only big players will be left. I knew they were in it right from the beginning. It is sound practice and I know these guys have eyes in the backs of their heads.

Ok, today you will say I am silly to say this will become the global currency as a few years ago I was silly telling you that it was not going to be or never was meant to be people currency to challenge the bankers. It is meant to usurp all currencies. There is a gold rush on RIGHT NOW for it.

Soon, even the Chinese economy will be 2nd place to this. Bitcoin will globalize us financially. it is doing already with the investors. Get your cookies while they are hot, folks! They will of course keep saying no no no when they really mean YES YES YES! (please excuse the bad joke).

There is NO other currency on the earth performing anything like as dynamically as this.

For me it is the devil's penny, lol. It will make the $ look like a saint. Look how greedy it already has become and it is only a little baby right now.

If I'm still alive, lol, I'll come back and say i told you so again in a few years time.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Soon the entire output of the electric grid will shut down to consumers because there is more money in mining bitcoins. It will be a biblical ending to civilization.

Hallelujah to that. You may well be right there. Wouldn't that be amusing if they lost all the data, hah! What, you had billions, nahhh!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I really do believe that digital currency will be the financial system of the beast and we will have to have a mark if we want to buy and sell in the system.

EFT is already digital. if you 'bank' , use atms and purchase with credit cards, you don't own your money, it only exists in a memory bank.

The beast is the system, the money is control, the military is global enforcement.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
One that plays in monopoly money these days will understand that the old money is changing. But those that own this new monopoly money of "air" must have the govt. backing, which includes buying off their politicians, just like you and I will go to jail for insider trading, but the politicians wrote a law that they won't.
So I would say to all to play the game and remember the word of "deceit" , remember if possession (govt) is 99% of value of anything including your barnyard raised chicken eggs.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I've never like the bit coin garbage, but I must admit I was jealous that I could not participate. But now reading what you said, I can let go.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I actually agree with you, OP. You make some good, valid points - especially them saying "no, no, no while actually meaning yes, yes, yes." However, that being said, if youve really been watching for years and known what you claim since the get go, you probably shouldve just invested and joined the 1% of the future and then you couldnt care less about this.

We cannot fight the beast and win, might as well benefit personally on the coming revolution.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

That is on front page of Guardian Newspaper today.

The cryptocurrency rose to a fresh all-time high of $9,700 on Monday. It is now worth more than seven times an ounce of gold, which is traditionally seen as a safe haven in times of turmoil. In a remarkable rally, bitcoin started the year at $1,000 and smashed through $5,000 in October.

It has grown phenomenally at 10 times its value at the beginning of the year.

Analysts said the decision by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) to launch bitcoin futures in December had fuelled buying, but also warned of the dangers of a speculative bubble building. The digital currency has gained more than 50% since the CME announced its decision on 31 October. Neil Wilson, senior market analyst at ETX Capital, said: “The legitimacy this gives bitcoin as a tradeable asset is very important. The market cap of bitcoin now exceeds that of IBM, Disney [or] McDonald’s.”

It's on. It has happened. This Guardian article is a herald of that.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It doesn't feel good does it.

I sometimes wonder if the humans in power are possessed by something else.

The system needs a good flush.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Why some are busy looking for Bitcoins™ I've got the connect for Bitcash™ Let Them search and search for coins to stack all the while You stack piles of Bitcash™ (patent pending)

They are going pretty quick so if You send Me $19.99 (in American cash for now and to keep Uncle Sam at bay...) I'll send You ALL the info You'll need to get started in the new, exciting world of Bitcash..

"Be the first on Your pod..."

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
from the Guardian article:

The price has been volatile. Bitcoin plunged below $3,000 in mid-September after the Chinese authorities announced a crackdown.

That is what I meant about the Chinese seeing it as a huge threat to their economy, so much so that they have outlawed it.

These are very strange days. No stopping it now, but we can be conscious spectators and voice or worries (not that anyone will listen when they have Bs in front of their eyes).

It is the ultimate big boy's game of "Winner Takes All", seriously. How far will they take it? This is wild. Same initials even as "B" for Beast, same initials as "BC" at Bohemian Grove.

For us lowly folk though it is an elitist game of ultimate refined greed that even gold can not compete with. Lol, gold will lose all its "interest" if this carries on. I guess investing in a lump of metal is quite "caveman" in the digital age. How weird is this? It is like the Holy Money Machine. Remember the Original Star Trek Episode about the computer machine controlled society?

I did not think it would move along this quickly. Now that does surprise me.

Bit Coin for the "Bohemian Club".

I think it will all end in tears, but it could be tears for everybody, not just those who are speculating on it.

Or may be I'm just a "fuddy duddy" who believes in fairy tales and can't keep up with the "Brave New World" and this new age is gonna solve all our problems. Doesn't look like it to me though.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Litecoin or veritaseum not the bits........Litecoin is faster and easier and has a lower cap

but Silver and farmland is the top for me......I can write my phone number on them.....he.....he

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
I actually agree with you, OP. You make some good, valid points - especially them saying "no, no, no while actually meaning yes, yes, yes." However, that being said, if youve really been watching for years and known what you claim since the get go, you probably shouldve just invested and joined the 1% of the future and then you couldnt care less about this.

We cannot fight the beast and win, might as well benefit personally on the coming revolution.

I am not a materialist. I live like a mad monk. I have no interest in money beyond it buying the basics and music software, lol. My treasure is stored some place else, like Christ said to do. He told us that it will be easier for a camel to walk through a needle than for those guys to make it to the place He is preparing.

Like He said where our treasure is our heart is also. Their treasure (heart) is in a Machine that calculates numbers; well strange. Their authority demands we all play along, by hook or by crook.

I have considered in the past that the Beast will not actually be human this time. May be this whole digital thing comes from the Dark One. I don't think it is from God. If it is of the Dark One then it will lead to where it is meant to. Perhaps this time it will be a Machine and we will all be forced to worship that by having its mark upon us. I think soon we will know exactly what the 666 means (I know others have said 616 to try and deceive, but it is 666). I think we will know what the False Prophet means and what the mark means. There is no doubt we are going to be tagged digitally to be financially liquid and totally efficient. I will not allow any tagging or ownership of me by anything. I would rather die personally. Nearly everyone will have it though without question. We know how they are totally trained to obey by the media. They will tell them it is good for them and that this guarantees them certain SECURITY (you know, that old excuse).

Do you think they really mind criminals helping to push up the price of Bitcoin? They will tell you they do, but when we who know consider what even the present financial system is allowing (tax dodging, laundering, sex trafficking, drugs dealing, arms dealing, et c) then...well it's an easy picture to base an "image" on (pardon the pun).

Just a personal thing here, but before I was trying to keep it all together by just being fair, but they will never be that will they. All metaphorical "guns blazing" from now on, but please don't blame Israelis for this. They are just a people who got terribly treated and perhaps even manipulated. Their lives are just as had as ours. It is not them to blame. The Bible says that the beast system will turn on Israel at the end, but they will be defeated.

It's a tricky world to fathom now. I am sticking with Christ as guidance as best I can as that makes the most sense for me in all this. That is about the hardest ride I could pick for myself in this world and the least rewarding as far as this world's treasures go.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Litecoin or veritaseum not the bits........Litecoin is faster and easier and has a lower cap

but Silver and farmland is the top for me......I can write my phone number on them.....he.....he

Lol, which of the 20 different alt currencies do I need to get man. How can I get rich if I don't buy bitcoins. How are alt coins worth anything if bitcoin isn't really worth anything?

See, this is the problem. Everybody keeps coming up with their own digital currency, then it all ends up just looking like a joke.

I'd probably get richer if I just set up my own counterfeit operations at this point. At least I could pass off tangible items as actual money, instead of trying to convince people to waste electricity to own 1's and 0's.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If you like your bitcoin , you can keep your bitcoin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join