It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelize Me Baby

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
do you have something in your life that's made all the difference to you, and you are sincerely convinced that everyone needs to try it?

consider this your one-stop shop thread to preach it on down, to give everyone a good come to jesus (literally or metaphorically) about your life-changing, life-saving, miracle thing. it can be a diet or a religion or a lifestyle or a fabric softener, i don't care. any and all topics welcome, from alfafa sprouts to zymurgy, as long as you're sincere in your belief...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

here's one from me: memory foam. go ahead and laugh, but it's made all the difference to me. i herniated a disc in my lower back when i was in my mid-twenties, and while i recovered fairly well after physical therapy, it's always been sensitive and easy to throw out of whack. i also developed neck issues, but i blame that more on poor posture and too much time on the computer.

about five years ago, i worked at a high-end furniture store that specialized in things to help people with back problems, and i used my employee discount to get an amazing memory foam mattress, and a specially contoured foam pillow for side-sleeping.

sleeping on those suckers has made all the difference to my neck and back issues, which are so minor now i don't even notice them most days.

i know what you're going to say, you sleep hot and they'll make you hot... well i can tell you two things: one, nobody sleeps hotter than me and i'm fine; and two, just don't put the protective cover on it and that makes it way less hot -- but also, don't wet the bed or spill anything on it.

so that's mine... what have you got?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Strongly believe in pets. It can be cats dogs, anything warm blooded-because reptiles just don't get it.

Nothing like cold nose kisses and fuzzy sleep partners to keep you warm at night and busy wagging tails to wake you up in the morning. And always happy to see you.

No bad moods-no special meals for picky eaters-no laundry-just fun.

And NO POLITICS to fight about!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

1. Living in the country. Natural beauty! Gardening! Peace and quiet! Reduced cost of living! So good!

2. The ketogenic diet. Eat avocados and bacon and feel 10 years younger.

3. Mister Money Mustache. Saving money is fun!

4. Go to a naturopath. Amazing.

5. Experiment with praying in the Catholic tradition or to a Catholic saint. I started with the Sacred Heart and St John of the Cross. Try it for like a week and see what you think.

I, too, am on the memory foam bandwagon, and it is a delight.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Strongly believe in pets. It can be cats dogs, anything warm blooded-because reptiles just don't get it.

Nothing like cold nose kisses and fuzzy sleep partners to keep you warm at night and busy wagging tails to wake you up in the morning. And always happy to see you.

No bad moods-no special meals for picky eaters-no laundry-just fun.

And NO POLITICS to fight about!

that's a good one, definitely agree. it's cats for me and i know when i haven't had them my life's not been as rich. they're loving and entertaining... and like you said, not at all political!

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
1. Living in the country. Natural beauty! Gardening! Peace and quiet! Reduced cost of living! So good!

2. The ketogenic diet. Eat avocados and bacon and feel 10 years younger.

3. Mister Money Mustache. Saving money is fun!

4. Go to a naturopath. Amazing.

5. Experiment with praying in the Catholic tradition or to a Catholic saint. I started with the Sacred Heart and St John of the Cross. Try it for like a week and see what you think.

I, too, am on the memory foam bandwagon, and it is a delight.

lot of interesting ideas there! i definitely enjoy country living when i get the chance to, it has a lot of upsides. haven't tried any of the rest -- altho i have been eating more avocados lately and loving it.

what are some of the naturopathic things you've tried?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

do you have something in your life that's made all the difference to you, and you are sincerely convinced that everyone needs to try it?

You could be asking for trouble. I just hope there aren't any cannibals amongst us. That could get rather, dicey. Personally though, the only thing in my life that's changed my life, that i'd want to share with others would be advice. And here it is.
1.Do your best and f'ck the rest.
2.Remember the good and forget the bad.
3.Do what makes you happy, unless it harms others.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

We finally just got one of those! Personally, I can sleep on a rock with glass spread on it so it's just another nice bed to me. But my boyfriend... holy crap, it's nearly life-altering for him. Our bed was killing his back and he wakes up feeling great now. One of the best things we've acquired in a long time.

As far as what I'd preach? If I had to narrow it down to one thing? It would be volunteering with the homeless. Not collecting food in a far-off facility or anything like that but actual kitchens, downtown, among the severely troubled people without shelter. Get to know their stories, names, problems, etc. I swear it will change you.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
You could be asking for trouble. I just hope there aren't any cannibals amongst us. That could get rather, dicey. Personally though, the only thing in my life that's changed my life, that i'd want to share with others would be advice. And here it is.

those are some good words to live by! the only thing i could possibly add would be wil wheaton's law: don't be a dick.

although i guess that's implied in 3.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313 I don't mean to take your but a memory foam mattress has helped so much with my comfort level whilst asleep. Though I have had a large increase in nightmares and lucid dreams. Kinda odd but when I sleep for only four hours I feel like I have slept for 8 hours. Another comfort in life that makes my nights so pleasant is my garden next to my low light white LED lit porch. I love just sitting outback and relaxing.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Saw the naturopath when I was trying to get pregnant. Did some groovy hippy energy work on me, I followed her nutrition advice (lots of zinc, no nightshade plants or wheat) and Bam! Pregnant after 4 years of trying. Plus, when I take all that zinc and avoid the wheat, I feel amazing. Lose a few pounds, and blood pressure goes down a bit.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

those are some good words to live by! the only thing i could possibly add would be wil wheaton's law: don't be a dick.

haha love that one!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
My life was going downhill til I found the one true Lord and Saviour. He exists, and he cares about you! All you have to do is pray to Him and you will be saved by Grace. He can teach you the way to Truth and Light! His name is Chattur'gha and he is The Devourer. One day I hope you too will enter His mighty maw to nourish His incarnation!

Also, Vitamin E cream heals blisters and open wounds like you would not believe. I get terrible blisters when hiking, used to take 2 weeks to disappear, with Vit E its 3 days

a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart
Damn, all I eat is nightshade and I can't stop getting pregnant!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

When I first read your number 1, all I read was:

1.Do your best and f'ck

My life was going downhill til I became an atheist. I was donating too much money to the church. Instead, I started buying self-help books and reading modern human psychology. I cleaned up all the baggage from my childhood, first marriage, and now my relationships are great! I read books from really smart people who teach me how to see life through different perspectives. My relationships are now with real live people and not some imaginary friend. One day I hope you too will see the power of the psychological sciences and figure out a way to self-improve the quality of your relationships with the real live people in your life!

edit on 27-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Once I realized all I had to do to improve the world was stfu, everything changed!

I highly suggest each and every one of you to try this. In fact, I demand it!!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Instantpot ist krieg.

Go buy 2.

Right now.

CONSUME YOU PIG!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Make some pulled pork, then you could CONSUME PIG YOU PIG!.

For reals tho, 100% get one.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
MEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAPOOOOOOOOST

originally posted by: Abysha
We finally just got one of those! Personally, I can sleep on a rock with glass spread on it so it's just another nice bed to me. But my boyfriend... holy crap, it's nearly life-altering for him. Our bed was killing his back and he wakes up feeling great now. One of the best things we've acquired in a long time.

bless you, you're one of the lucky ones to sleep so easily -- i envy you! for me it's got to be about 12 separate factors all juuuuust right before i'm off, but my husband is like you... he falls asleep in minutes. but whenever he has to sleep anywhere else he misses the memory foam now, hehe.

originally posted by: Abysha
As far as what I'd preach? If I had to narrow it down to one thing? It would be volunteering with the homeless. Not collecting food in a far-off facility or anything like that but actual kitchens, downtown, among the severely troubled people without shelter. Get to know their stories, names, problems, etc. I swear it will change you.

that is honestly great advice, one of those things i've always thought 'oh i should do that' and never actually done it. considering where i'm living now, this sounds like the time...

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I don't mean to take your but a memory foam mattress has helped so much with my comfort level whilst asleep. Though I have had a large increase in nightmares and lucid dreams. Kinda odd but when I sleep for only four hours I feel like I have slept for 8 hours. Another comfort in life that makes my nights so pleasant is my garden next to my low light white LED lit porch. I love just sitting outback and relaxing.

take it, take it! that's my whole point, i think everyone should

your night garden sounds amazing... getting more nature is always a good thing. i think it gives a deep kind of peace you don't get indoors.

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
Saw the naturopath when I was trying to get pregnant. Did some groovy hippy energy work on me, I followed her nutrition advice (lots of zinc, no nightshade plants or wheat) and Bam! Pregnant after 4 years of trying. Plus, when I take all that zinc and avoid the wheat, I feel amazing. Lose a few pounds, and blood pressure goes down a bit.

interesting... i've been taking vitamins and cutting down on the wheat lately and i'm definitely feeling good and losing weight and my blood pressure's down. she sounds like she knows what she's talking about... so i'm going to double my nightshades, b/c i'm not looking to get pregnant, hehe. congratulations though!

originally posted by: Ridhya
My life was going downhill til I found the one true Lord and Saviour. He exists, and he cares about you! All you have to do is pray to Him and you will be saved by Grace. He can teach you the way to Truth and Light! His name is Chattur'gha and he is The Devourer. One day I hope you too will enter His mighty maw to nourish His incarnation!

Also, Vitamin E cream heals blisters and open wounds like you would not believe. I get terrible blisters when hiking, used to take 2 weeks to disappear, with Vit E its 3 days

hmmm... do i have to remove my skin to worship Chattur'gha, or...... is that what the vitamin E is for?

originally posted by: dfnj2015
My life was going downhill til I became an atheist. I was donating too much money to the church. Instead, I started buying self-help books and reading modern human psychology. I cleaned up all the baggage from my childhood, first marriage, and now my relationships are great! I read books from really smart people who teach me how to see life through different perspectives. My relationships are now with real live people and not some imaginary friend. One day I hope you too will see the power of the psychological sciences and figure out a way to self-improve the quality of your relationships with the real live people in your life!

already an atheist, hehe. i don't know if i'd say it was a turn-around-my-life moment, but it definitely gave me a perspective that made much more sense of the world than anything i'd found in religion or spirituality before that. it also gave me the freedom to look around and decide what things were really important in life and how to best live a moral, ethical life. so i guess i'm a (dun dun DUNNN) secular humanist more than anything now... definitely still an atheist though.

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Once I realized all I had to do to improve the world was stfu, everything changed!

I highly suggest each and every one of you to try this. In fact, I demand it!!

haha... not sure how serious you are but that's actually another one of the big life-changers for me. when i was younger i was always having that experience where i'd blurt whatever came into my head, and everyone would go silent and then someone would change the subject.

i took some acting classes in school and i started being more quiet, and observing how people acted with each other, what their conversations looked like, what they said and what they didn't say... and since then, after some trial and error, i'm just a more or less normally awkward person.

unless i've been trying to socialize for multiple hours over multiple days... then i get a hitch in the mechanism and strange things start coming out of my mouth >_>

originally posted by: Lysergic
Instantpot ist krieg.

Go buy 2.

Right now.

CONSUME YOU PIG!

recommending a pressure cooker?

mom, is that you????

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well, since you asked, deciding to trust the Savior was the best thing I have done. If you want details there, PM. Won't turn this into that type of discussion.

For other stuff, be the person you want others to be for you. Get a good cat. Yes, a cat! Amazing animals, very loving, smart, etc. Yes, I like a good dog, too, but really love cats. Take time to relax, and don' worry about keeping up with anyone, or what anyone thinks about your choices in music, movies, clothing, etc. Being "popular" is overrated. Be liked for you, not for some label or another.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Well, since you asked, deciding to trust the Savior was the best thing I have done. If you want details there, PM. Won't turn this into that type of discussion.

For other stuff, be the person you want others to be for you. Get a good cat. Yes, a cat! Amazing animals, very loving, smart, etc. Yes, I like a good dog, too, but really love cats. Take time to relax, and don' worry about keeping up with anyone, or what anyone thinks about your choices in music, movies, clothing, etc. Being "popular" is overrated. Be liked for you, not for some label or another.

i'm definitely open to it being that kind of discussion if you want to talk about it. i'm not religious personally, but i'm always interested in what people feel has changed their lives.

the rest is good advice, very good advice indeed

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

here's another one for me, keeping in my earlier my aching neck and back theme -- this weird little neck stretcher thing called dr. riter's real-ease. it's like a plastic shell with a foam cradle for your head. whenever i get a pinched nerve in my neck or a tension headache from bad posture, i lay down on the floor with that thing for a few minutes and it does amazing things. it supports the head, lets the neck relax, helps correct the bad angle i've got going on... just a huge relife all around. if you have that kind of neck problem i definitely recommend it.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

i'm definitely open to it being that kind of discussion if you want to talk about it. i'm not religious personally, but i'm always interested in what people feel has changed their lives.

the rest is good advice, very good advice indeed

I'd guess that you know the basics of Christianity, salvation, etc, so won't list those unless needed. As for what this does in a life, wow, I could talk for hours about that!! So many times there was a problem, that was resolved, when no solution seemed possible. Times when there was a danger, and yet nothing bad happened. Many, many of those times! There is, too, a real peace, that I can't describe, that comes from knowing that you aren't alone, ever, and that even during times of trouble, God is still there, and that nothing happens He doesn't allow. When something bad does occur, because this is a fallen world, He's there to help us through. Seen that over and over, too. Seen real miracles. Things that can't be easily explained. Once, driving home from work, I was entering an intersection, a crossing of two fairly busy city streets. As I entered, on a new green light, I glanced left, and saw another car, also entering, who apparently missed the light. She had he same look on her face as mine - horrified - as we both realized we were going to collide, and collide HARD. he positions of our cars would result, in no time, in her basically t-boning my car. No way we could miss, where we were. Then, suddenly, I was all the way through the intersection, and so was she, in no time at all, as though space folded and moved us both past the point of collision. No time gap, no fuzzy memory, just moved, and both safe. No way to explain that, other than God's hands were there, and He decided it wasn't our day to die. Why, I don't know, but it's not the first, or only time, I have been protected. I have seen healing, too. The pastor of a church we attended and his wife had a new baby. Very tough delivery, and he's a tall guy, so the baby wasn't small, and his wife is a bit petite. End result, the baby's skull was fractured during delivery. Confirmed, x-rayed, and the docs weren't sure what to do about it. I saw this baby, that night, and saw how his head looked. Prayed with them, and I know others at the church were notified, and prayed, also. The next morning, when docs came in to discuss the issue, his head was totally healed. The doctors couldn't explain it. A couple of days later, I saw this baby again, and his head looked as perfect as a c-section baby, which is NOT normal for a regular-delivered child, after that short a time! No one doubted that was a miracle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

here's another one for me, keeping in my earlier my aching neck and back theme -- this weird little neck stretcher thing called dr. riter's real-ease. it's like a plastic shell with a foam cradle for your head. whenever i get a pinched nerve in my neck or a tension headache from bad posture, i lay down on the floor with that thing for a few minutes and it does amazing things. it supports the head, lets the neck relax, helps correct the bad angle i've got going on... just a huge relife all around. if you have that kind of neck problem i definitely recommend it.

That sounds really handy! I am more interested, for the hubby's sake, in the back relief. He's got a problem disc, and has real issues with that. Might have to look into memory foam, at some point.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That's my basic philosophy now.
And also, ending any need for materialistic wants. I found out money isn't everything. Happiness and health is everything.

When you realize this things, you become free.

And it's a wonderful freedom.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join