It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS told me to sleep with coworkers to get ahead says lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I used to teach a class at a community college. You would be surprised at the offers that I have had made to me by women wanting me to change their grade. These were not kids fresh out of high school. I taught evening classes. These were older women who knew exactly what they were doing. There was no rule or law in place to prevent me from taking them up on their offer. The only person who could get into trouble was me for falsifying their grade and there were ways around that. The majority of them were taking classes to get ahead at work and their companies had policies that they would pay 100% of the class costs for an "A", 80% for a "B" and 60% for a "C". Anything lower than a "C" they were responsible for the class costs.
What I always found ironic was that if I had taken them up on the offer they made to me of their own free will, I'd be the one guilty of sexual harassment.

Been there, done that. I have turned down many offers of sexual favors in return for passing grades/promotions, and I can honestly say I never once took any of the women up on those offers, which I have to admit came from some very attractive women. I look back on them sometimes, but am happy that I can look my wife in the face and tell her about them, and also that I never took them up on the offers. And she trusts me enough to know that I never did it.

Now, having said that, I have actually walked into rooms where the occupants didn't know anyone was left in the building, and witnessed several people right in the act itself. Some also who didn't stop and just kept right on a-rockin'....

Makes the Monday morning staff meeting a tad uncomfortable to say the least.

Fred.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Not being able to put food on the table (unless favoring idea of perversion of intimate encounter) is kinda like having a gun to one's head?

In the same pretext, isn't coercion sorta like having a gun to one's head?

I bet if sexual perversion wasn't so wide-spread the world would be less populated and happier with more resources to go around...

Less perverted egomaniacs pouring drinks behind ulterior(sp?) motives?

I wonder if the msm will broadcast it's own news one day.

edit on (11/27/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
You can't consent at the time and then complain later.

Did you read the article Xuen linked? No where in it did it state she had sexual relations with anyone at CBS. It also made it clear she followed their HR guidelines and reported the alleged harassment but it was disregarded and she also faced potentially retaliatory actions. She followed the rules and suffered the consequences.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

I wasn't married at the time, but, I never did either. I finally quit when I caught several students cheating and when I reported them to the Administration I was told to ignore it. A few years later I interviewed some of them for an opening that we had. None of them was hired.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I know you are telling the truth. I worked for a very large well know corporation. The women clawing their way to the top would do almost anything. Sometimes they would even talk very openly about it. I am a women, and some of it shocked me at the time (not anymore). Some of the men took them up on the "offers" some didn't.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
So therefore why aren't these women coming forward to claim sexual harassment? Could it be their jobs are still at risk with disclosure?
I think an awful lot of people ought to wake up and smell the roses. No matter where, out of all the top executives I could guarantee that 90% could and would abuse their power, whether over men or women.
Now the reality. There is a snowball in hell's chance of getting rid of all these"perverts" and really how could you when the certain woman in question refused and the man could say Ok please stand aside because there is another 500 women standing behind you waiting to take up the position without the baggage you will bring.
Is it right? No, but it will still happen till time runs out.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: JAGStorm
No matter where, out of all the top executives I could guarantee that 90% could and would abuse their power, whether over men or women.

Prove it. I think the number is much lower than 90%.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You dont do the hanky-panky with co-workers.

That is my advise as your attorney.

It ends up a mess more often than not, based on my own personal observations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join