It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS told me to sleep with coworkers to get ahead says lawsuit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A former producer at CBS claims she was told to sleep with other people there in order to get ahead.

She filed a lawsuit a week after famous Charlie Rose was outed and fired.

Big names going into the ditch as the world turns.

CBS told me to sleep with coworkers to get ahead: suit

A week after CBS host Charlie Rose was outed as an alleged serial sex harasser, one of the network’s former producers says she was told by a boss that she would have to sleep with coworkers to get anywhere in the company.

“I was in a state of shock,” said Erin Gee, 44, who worked for CBS for 17 years and recently filed a Manhattan federal suit alleging rampant sex discrimination at the network.

Gee said one of the most offensive incidents occurred in 2011, when she was talking with her boss at “CBS Evening News,” Robert Klug, about a workplace dispute.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Get a head?

If Bob Mueller wants to convert from "witch-hunter", to a job where multiple successes can be realized at the drop of a hat, he should go after the media.

Charlie Rose would gladly take down hundreds of rats at CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN with him.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It’s literally been like that for thousands of years. People are just catching on to it now?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

At first I was thinking this is unbelieveable when I began reading this post. I was genuinely surprised at how blunt the allegation was and how it cooberates most of how I view this world. And then I read your post, and I thought to myself....we are all so conditioned. And you have proven it with "We're just now figuring this out?" You win the day.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Somehow, Presidential Candidate HERMANN CAIN's statement about women providing sexual favors for jobs and promotions, doesn't seem so stunning now.

The "new normal" is really the "old normal" when it comes to sex and getting ahead.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
It’s literally been like that for thousands of years. People are just catching on to it now?

Nope, the perps are being prosecuted for it now. And rightly so.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Nope, the perps are being prosecuted for it now. And rightly so.

Having sex with consent is not illegal you know...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

How about “sex under duress”, or “pressured into having sex”?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So she worked there for 17 years? Call me crazy but she should have left long before this and filed a suit.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek

Immoral for sure, but not illegal. Consenting sex is always consensual.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek

You can't consent at the time and then complain later.
If something is uncomfortable, feels wrong, or being forced upon you, you can always walk away. Always. No "career" is that important. I have no sympathy for those who compromise themselves in order to get ahead. Especially when they complain about it later. They all knew exactly what they were doing and were okay with it at the time. It's only later that they decide to complain when there is an opportunity for attention.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It's been happening in business & entertainment for more years than we can count. She tried saying something but nothing was done. I guess her career was more important then.
I am all for women and even men coming out and ousting these vile people. The trouble is though is that it goes so deep you can't trust if the information will go through the proper channels.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
In the end, it didn't work. I've never heard of Erin Gee.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I used to teach a class at a community college. You would be surprised at the offers that I have had made to me by women wanting me to change their grade. These were not kids fresh out of high school. I taught evening classes. These were older women who knew exactly what they were doing. There was no rule or law in place to prevent me from taking them up on their offer. The only person who could get into trouble was me for falsifying their grade and there were ways around that. The majority of them were taking classes to get ahead at work and their companies had policies that they would pay 100% of the class costs for an "A", 80% for a "B" and 60% for a "C". Anything lower than a "C" they were responsible for the class costs.
What I always found ironic was that if I had taken them up on the offer they made to me of their own free will, I'd be the one guilty of sexual harassment.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Get a head?

LOL...ahead is more accurate....though...obviously there was some head getting

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The formula for success in America

It's not who you know....

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A former producer at CBS claims she was told to sleep with other people there in order to get ahead.

She filed a lawsuit a week after famous Charlie Rose was outed and fired.

Big names going into the ditch as the world turns.

CBS told me to sleep with coworkers to get ahead: suit

A week after CBS host Charlie Rose was outed as an alleged serial sex harasser, one of the network’s former producers says she was told by a boss that she would have to sleep with coworkers to get anywhere in the company.

“I was in a state of shock,” said Erin Gee, 44, who worked for CBS for 17 years and recently filed a Manhattan federal suit alleging rampant sex discrimination at the network.

Gee said one of the most offensive incidents occurred in 2011, when she was talking with her boss at “CBS Evening News,” Robert Klug, about a workplace dispute.

Geez, I am such a child. Beavis and Butthead immediately came to mind...

Hu Hu, she said head....

Fred

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I worked in a call center years ago and there was a "sick room" with a bed and sheets so that if someone got ill, there was a place to rest.

We always called it "The Promotion Room" because everyone knew what it was really used for.

I was glad to see the day when that room was re-purposed.

Fred.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You would have to be a complete idiot to have not known such things occur in powerful positions.

While its complete scumbagery , it sounds like these women decided to take the deal , further their careers and are now having a hard time dealing with their decision.

Certainly explains why most leading characters and anchors are hot .

I'm glad these scumbag are being exposed and hopefully both men and women under such pressures are given a platform to expose theses asshats, immediately rather than 10 years later.

BTW its BS that they are trying to hijack this issue as a sexist issue when both men and women are effected by it.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
In the end, it didn't work. I've never heard of Erin Gee.

Maybe why she is complaining now?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join